Merry Christmas, Hyung ^^

메리 크리스마스 형~!! A DaeJong Christmas

“Hurry, hurry!” Jongup whined looking over Himchan’s shoulder to see if the food was done. “You know Daehyunnie hyung can smell food in his sleep.”

“Calm down.” He continued scrambling the eggs before pouring them into the sizzling skillet, yawning. “Geez, you’re the one who woke me up at 5 in the morning just to make breakfast.”

“But… but…” He poked out his lip, scuffing his feet across the floor. “You guys promised you would be gone before hyung woke up and—“

“I know, I know. Our Jonguppie is so thoughtful. Don’t worry, just have fun today alright?” He patted Jongup’s head sweetly as he set up the table, placing the omelets in the center of the food Jongup had pestered him into making. It only took 30 minutes to cook the food but it took Jongup an hour and a half to convince him to make it. He had planned on helping the young boy out from the beginning after hearing him coo ‘Hyung, you don’t need any beauty sleep. You’re already gorgeous.’ and ‘Himchannie hyung is the best! Korea’s number one visual and an amazing actor. Hyung, is there anything you can’t do?’ he couldn’t help but to milk out as many compliments as he could; even though he knew Jongup was lying through his teeth just to butter him up, he had to admit it was nice hearing it.

Jongup smiled brightly as the rest of the members, minus Daehyun, came out of their rooms one by one, bags in hand.

“You better love us for this.” Yong Guk shook his head, walking out the door with a still drowsy Zelo trailing behind.

Youngjae walked into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Himchan’s waist. “Come on Hime, time to go.”

Himchan blushed and turned to face Jongup, growling under his breath but with the hint of a loving tone. “If you have in my room, I will murder you in your sleep.”

“What?!” Jongup stared at the elder in shock as he winked and headed towards the door. “W-who said we would be doing that?”

“Have fun.” The door came to a quiet stop leaving the sound of fading footsteps and a zooming car.

Jongup puffed out his cheeks and pressed his fingers together, turning red. “I never said we were going to do that…”

 

After waiting a few moments to make sure no one returned for any last minute stops after ‘forgetting’ something, he slowly crept his way to Daehyun’s room. The slight creek of the door caused Jongup to curse under his breath, peeking his head in to make sure he didn’t wake up his sleeping Busan prince. Inch by inch, he tiptoed his way to the bed and crouched to the ground. He popped his head out looking from the side of the bed just enough to make sure Daehyun was still sleeping. When he heard the light snoring coming from the male, he giggled to himself and climbed on top of the bed. “Hyung, I know you’re awake. You’ve been up ever since they left huh?”

The sleeping boy grinned, wrapping his arms around Jongup’s waist and tugged him closer to him without opening his eyes. “Five more minutes… Besides, I was hoping you would give me a special wake up call.”

“Wake up call?” Jongup thought for a brief moment before pulling his phone out of his pocket and dialing a number.

The sound of a phone vibrating on the counter followed by Jongup’s portion of ‘Hajima’ played throughout the room. Daehyun sighed and grabbed his phone without bothering to look at who it was. “Really?” When Jongup nodded, urging him on, he reluctantly answered the phone. “Hello.”

“Good morning Daehyunnie hyung!” He kissed the phone sending a smack into Daehyun’s ear which caused the older male to both wince in pain and laugh at the cuteness that was his Jonguppie puppy. “We’re going to have fun today so get out of bed. Plus you’re breakfast is probably get—“ He pouted when he was tossed aside at the mention of breakfast as Daehyun dashed out the door. “Well, good morning to you too… Wait, hyung! Don’t eat it all!” He shut his phone and made his way to the kitchen to save what was left of his portion of breakfast.

 

 

Jongup crossed his arms over his chest, pouting at the grinning Daehyun. “Was that really necessary hyung?” He collapsed onto the floor beside the small Christmas tree the boys had set up the week before. The extravagant meal that used to be on the table was now just crumbs and empty dishes.

“I’m sorry… I figured you already ate since you were up so early.” He crouched down to Jongup’s level and held up his chin. “Are you mad?”

Jongup turned his eyes away from Daehyun’s intense gaze feeling his cheeks burn under Daehyun’s touch. “N-no… just… I was kinda hungry too…”

He smiled leaning towards Jongup and whispered in his ear. “Then I can make it up to you later.”

Jongup frantically pushed Daehyun away from him embarrassed before grabbing a box from under the tree, holding in front of his face. “Here, this one is for you hyung.”

“Hmmm? For me?” He shook the box slightly then placed it on his lap, unwrapping the brittle puppy wrapping paper that held together the treasure held inside. He lifted open the now paper-free box to find a gorgeous black scarf. He examined it happily but stopped when he noticed a strange symbol on the edge of the lovely scarf. “Where’s this from?”

“J-just, you know… A special store. It was really hard to get.” He looked at the scarf then up at Daehyun to judge his reaction. “Do you not like it?”

“I love it.” He grabbed Jongup and hugged him tightly. “Thank you. Here,” He reached under the tree and handed Jongup a small, thinly wrapped box.

“Thank you.” Jongup beamed before opening the box.

Daehyun chuckled and stared at the boy in front of him. “You didn’t even open the box yet.”

“But it’s from you so…” He looked down at the box in his hands, his blush growing more apparent.

“Arasso. Go ahead and open it.”

Jongup nodded and unwrapped his gift, wasting no time. A high-pitched scream rang throughout the house as the frantic teen jumped up and down, ran in circles, and span across the mass of the room.

“I’m guessing you like it then?” Daehyun watched amused.

“Thank you thank you thank you!!!!” He tackled Daehyun to the floor and snuggled into his chest causing the older male to chuckle.

“Be careful or you’ll break it.”

Jongup gasped, quickly releasing Daehyun and checking to make sure his Chris Brown ‘Fortune’ cd was not damaged. “Yah!” He playfully slapped Daehyun’s arm. “Don’t scare me like that.”

“Sorry but your reaction was priceless haha.”

“I’ll get you back later.” Jongup mumbled before placing his album on his bed and getting dressed for the cold weather outside.

Daehyun walked towards the room and leaned against the open door, running his eyes over Jongup’s chiseled body. “What are you doing?”

“I want to go play in the snow.” He pulled his jacket down with the rest of his clothes and started searching for his gloves.

“You could have said so before leaving me in the living room by myself.”

Jongup turned towards Daehyun poking out his lip as it started to quiver. “I can’t play in the snow?” Tears were b along the rim of his eyes, threatening to spill at any moment.

“What?! I-I didn’t say—“

Jongup sniffled, wiping his eyes with the back of his hands as Daehyun walked over to console him.

“Yah… Don’t cry…” He his hair and held him to his chest. “Why do you always assume things before I get a chance to say anything?”

“But you said—“

“Let’s go play in the snow.” He mumbled against Jongup’s hair.

“Really?! Yay!!” Jongup ran past Daehyun and dashed out the door.

“Yah! Again?!” Daehyun swiftly got dressed, stumbling out the door as he fumbled with his shoes.

Jongup stood outside along the outskirts of their loft piling together bundles of snow; his smile was so blissful that Daehyun could feel his heart warming at the site. “Hyung!” He called out to the older male, waving his arms from side to side to gain his attention.

Daehyun lazily made his way over, poking the disoriented pile of snow. “What are you doing?”

“Making a snow man!” Jongup clasped his hands together, proud of his achievement.

Daehyun choked on his saliva; was this accumulation of snow carelessly thrown on top of one another really Jongup’s masterpiece. “Uh, would you like me to help?” He didn’t wait for Jongup’s answer and began smoothing on more snow to the base of the snowman with skilled hands.

“So Daehyunnie hyung is good at these kinds of things too.” He bent down lifting up some snow, checking to see if Daehyun was looking but met with fierce brown eyes.

“Don’t even think about it.”

“H-heh hehe. What are you talking about hyung? I was just… going to help you with the snow man!” He bit his lip, adding the hand full of snow he collected onto the no longer deformed snowman. He took a step back to admire his work. “It kind of looks like Youngjae hyung.”

“It does?” Daehyun raised a suspicious eyebrow at the younger before taking a step back as well. “I don’t see it.”

“What are you talking about? It looks just like him. It has really white skin and its face is way too small.”

Daehyun burst into laughter at Jongup’s remark, holding onto his stomach for support. “You should be glad Himchan hyung wasn’t here to hear that. He would probably get jealous.”

Jongup snickered, holding onto Daehyun’s hand. “But you’re the best looking.”

A faint blush appeared on Daehyun’s face as he rubbed the back of his head flustered. “So what else does my Jonguppie have planned for today?”
“I want to go sledding. There’s a nice hill over there.” He pointed to the tilted landscape tugging on Daehyun’s arm with his free hand. “Can we go hyung? Can we?”

“Whatever you want to do.” He went along quietly as Jongup dragged him up the hill; they haven’t been able to spend time together outside of work lately with the multiple promotions they have been holding back to back. It was intoxicating to watch Jongup have so much fun over something as simple as building a snowman or sledding down a hill. Daehyun didn’t care where Jongup dragged him, as long as they got to be together.


 

 

“Ahhhhh!” Jongup stretched as he took off his coat. “It feels good in here… Hyung, do you want something to drink? I’ll make you some cocoa while I get dinner ready.”

“Eung.” He nodded in response, removing his jacket as well as he took a seat beside the fireplace. “Do you mind if I start a fire?”

“As long as you don’t burn anything like last time!” Jongup called out from the kitchen.

He scoffed, placing the logs in the fireplace. “Not my fault you decided to walk around the house half .”

“I didn’t make you do anything.” Jongup whined from behind, holding on to the warm cup of hot chocolate. He the cup in Daehyun’s direction and stomped off to the kitchen.

“Awww, Uppie, I was only teasing.” He took a sip of the steaming chocolate filled with fluffy white marshmallows to soothe the ache he was feeling from Jongup’s constant pleas for ‘Just one more time hyung’. How many times does someone have to go up and down a hill until they are satisfied? He quietly placed his cup upon the counter and collapsed on the couch drifting into a deep sleep.

 

 

“Hyyuuu—“

“Hmm?”

“Hyung? Are you awake?”

Daehyun reached out and pulled Jongup’s head closer to his face, giving him a gentle kiss. “You know, you’re really pretty from this angle.”

“D-dinner’s ready so let’s eat.” Jongup rushed towards the kitchen and finished laying out the prepared dishes.

An assortment of burnt chicken, undercooked rice, soup that looked like more water than soup, and a cupcake were set on the table. He looked at the elder, biting on his lower lip nervously as he waited for Daehyun to try his meal.

Daehyun grimaced as he took his seat at the table: He could tell the young member had put a lot of effort into preparing it so he held back his judgement. He picked at his rice, crunching down on the tiny grains then took a sip of the soup only to choke on how salty it was. He stared at the chicken for a moment and reached out to take a piece. “I-It’s good.” He whimpered, giving him the thumbs up sign.

 

Jongup hugged Daehyun tightly then laughed taking away the food, much to Daehyun’s confusion, and brought back the actual meal he prepared of non-charred food and side dishes that were neither over and nor under salted.

“You didn’t have to pretend like you liked it. I just wanted to see how you would react. Besides, it’s payback for earlier.”

Daehyun pounced on him before wrapping his arms around Jongup’s waist, pulling him into a back hug and nuzzling his face into Jongup’s neck. He leaned in close and whispered into his neck, “I hate you”.

Jongup blushed shyly and giggled, holding his hands on top of Daehyun’s arms. “I know. Merry Christmas, hyung.”

Daehyun gleamed and kissed Jongup who’s blush grew to a strawberry red. “Merry Christmas Jonguppie".

 

 


Author's Note: I hope you guys like it. It wasn't anything extravagant but just a little thought I had in the back of my mind. Enjoy ^^

                                            ~Ku_Yuri