Bracelet

Secrets

 

Next morning, I check on Kibum. He grabbed my hand.

 

Kibum: Why?

me: what do you mean why?

Kibum: Who does your heart beat?

me: I don't know.

Kibum: I know it's not me.

me: well, it isn't Kyuhyun.

Kibum: I know. There's someone else, isn't it? Since I couldn't have you, always remember that I'm just here for you.

 

I was speechless. He kissed my forehead. I stood up and got ready for school. Kibum prepared too. We went our separate ways. The minute we stepped out, Kyuhyun was waiting outside.

 

Kyuhyun: you. Why are you inside her house?

Me: because..

Kibum: I slept the night here.

Kyuhyun: what?!

Me: he got drunk.

 

Kyuhyun grabbed my hand and dragged me with him. Kibum couldn’t do anything. We arrived at the school. We want to the back of the school. I know he was mad. I couldn't feel my blood running through my hand anymore.

 

Me: what's your problem?

kyuhyun: Kibum.

Me: he's my friend!

kyuhyun: I’m also you friend!

Me: he came in drunk. I couldn't do anything.

kyuhyun: I really wish that that was the truth. 

 

I got pissed. I was about to leave. He grabbed my hand and kissed me. I tried to get away but he was strong. A tear fell on my face. It was only at that time he stopped. He wiped off the tear of my face. He hugged me.

 

kyuhyun: I'm sorry.

 

I ran away. I went to the garden. I know should've met Heenim. But all could do is cry. Someone came to me. 

 

??? : You shouldn't be crying.

 

I looked up, it was Heenim.

 

Me: what is it to you?!

heenim: you're special to me. You are the moon of my night.

 

I was still crying. He took a handkerchief. While I was wiping my tears, he removed his mask. He took my hand and placed it on my face. His face, it was so soft and flawless.

 

heenim: I was supposed to show you my face at night, but I want to see you smile, nae dal.

Me: what? Moon?

heenim: I only feel happy and alive at nights. I only feel that without the light from the moon, I wouldn't survive. And from now on, call me by my real name, Heechul.

 

He made me smile. He held my hand and smiled too. It was a smile I wanted to have. Seeing that I smile, I wanted to bring smiles on his. Seeing him smile makes me smile. Suddenly, my phone rang.

 

Me: Yeoboseyo? unni?

Unni: ne. I'll be coming home within this month.

Me: really?! That'll be great! Call me when you're coming so I can welcome you back!

Unnie: sure.

 

I hung up the phone.

 

Heechul: your sister?

Me: yes. She's coming home this month.

heechul: where's your parents?

 

I don't want to talk about them. It's just so painful. Somehow, I just told him.

 

Me: My parents separated when I was 8. My unni was just 10. My mom took me and my dad took unni. I never saw my dad after that. My mom died when I was 10. My unni took me. Then she moved out when I was 16 and moved to the US.

heechul: you love your unni so much right?

me: she is the only family I have.

 

I couldn't help myself. I cried my heart out. He hugged me and comforted me.  I fixed myself and we returned to our class. I saw him wearing his mask again. I couldn’t help but smile. After school, I saw him.

 

Heechul: going to practice already?

Me: yeah.

Heechul: Let’s go.

 

We walked then to the company. Today I focused on singing again. I have to sing this song: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guy1sxcAkZs). Heechul looked at me. I was about to be in tears. When practice ended, I tried to wipe my tears away. I saw Heechul and he wiped my tears and hugged me. It was all I needed. How come he knows what I want?

 

Heechul: Go already.

 

I nodded. I haven't seen Kibum since this morning. I tried to look for him. I saw him on the entrance.

 

Me: Kibum-ah!

Kibum: what?

me: I haven't seen you. I thought you're too busy to be my friend.

Kibum: me? For you? Busy? No way. I never put others before you.

 

I saw Heechul and he saw us.

 

Me: could you wait for me at the entrance? I forgot something.

 

I went to the instruments room. He wasn’t there. I turned around and there he was, drinking from a water bottle.

 

Me: don't scare me like that.

Heechul: I’m not scaring you. *smirks*

Me: I thought you were gone.

Heechul: well, I’m not. Why are you still here?

Me: I don't have any communications with you.

Heechul: give me your phone. *typing* Here.

Me: Aren't you gonna get my number?

heechul: I messaged my phone using yours.

 

He took out his phone and showed it to me.

 

Heechul: check.

Me: Nae dal?

heechul: I told you, you're my moon. 

 

I smiled and he patted my head. I said goodbye and went to the entrance where Kibum is.

 

kibum: what was it?

Me: nothing.

 

I kept smiling all the way. Suddenly, I passed a store. It had a mask like Heechul would like. I told Kibum to wait. Before I could get the mask, someone else grabbed it.

 

Me: excuse me!? 

 

I looked up and it was Heechul. I was surprised.

 

heechul: why are you buying this?

me: it's beautiful. I was supposed to give it to you.

heechul: no. don't bother. Just keep your money. What do you want? Just point to it, I’ll buy it for you. 

me: nothing. I’m fine.

heechul: impossible. Girls like accessories. I know you do too. 

me: but I’m not like that girl.

 

Heechul looked around. He took a bracelet. It had a moon. He also took a bookmark with a moon on it. He bought it for me. He took the bracelet and wore it to me. I thank him. Then I went out.

 

kibum: what did you bought?

me: just a bracelet and bookmark.

kibum: I could buy you those things. You don't have to use your money.  

me: I will not allow you too.

 

I looked back and saw Heechul walking out of the store. He smiled at me. I really liked it that he never wore his mask again.  I arrived at my house. I got myself a drink. Then there was a knock on my door. I opened and it was Kyuhyun. He brought some flowers, white roses. I love white roses.

 

Kyuhyun: I came here to apologize. 

me: it's okay.

kyuhyun: I brought your favorite.

me: I see. Thanks.

 

I let him in. He sat on the couch. I gave him a drink.

 

kyuhyun: are you busy tomorrow?

me: no.

kyuhyun: have you forgotten about tomorrow? 

me: of course not. We have been doing it ever since right? 

kyuhyun: yeah. What time will we go there?

me: pick me up at 6 am. It's a long travel. 

kyuhyun: how long will we stay in Gwangju?

me: maybe until night or overnight? Just pack extra clothes.

kyuhyun: sure. Nice bracelet

me: thanks. It’s new.

kyuhyun: what have I told you about buying stuff? I could buy you those.

me: I’m fine. Why don't you go home? You have to go pack your things.

kyuhyun: oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me. Good night angel.

 

He kissed my forehead before he left. I just smiled. I know he isn't just a friend. He's been at my side ever since I was a kid. I fixed my clothes. It was already late, I have to hurry. I packed all I needed. I took the bookmark Heechul brought for me and put it in my notebook. I took a last look at my bracelet before drifting to sleep.