His Name

Secrets

 

 

I woke up early the next day. I ate breakfast and went to school. I went to the library and to my surprise him. There was a guy. His eyes sparkle. Like the one I met from SME. I can't go to him. He might think I'm weird. I looked at a book that apparently we both like.

 

guy: Mianhaeyo.

me: have we met before?

guy: I don't remember.

me: well, your eyes seem to be so familiar.

guy: really? i guess next my hand is the same as brad pitt's.

me: anyway, you can take the book if you want

guy: no, ladies first.

me: thanks, by the--

 

he left in an instant. I wanted to ask his name, but I guess he was in a hurry. I wanted to talk to him more. His mysteriousness is so intriguing.

 

It was the time for practice at the company again. I focused on my singing skills this time. I couldn't be that good. I want to surprise people. I sang simply. We ended earlier than I expected. I went to the instruments' room. The lights were still off. I played the piano. There were music sheets near the table of the piano. I wrote a piece. I only started practicing. Suddenly, a guy entered. He wore the same black mask when I saw him the last time. 

 

me: Hello. Mianhaeyo. You might use the piano. I'll leave right now.

 

He didn't say a word. I just walked out. He stopped me by holding my arm. His skin was so soft.

 

guy: Stop. Just play.

 

I couldn't say anything. He watched me as play the piano as I watch him drink from his cup. I played my original composition. The light that shines upon his milky skin complexion, his eyes that shine with fierceness, I can’t help but stare at him. Somehow I can't stop thinking about who he is.

 

me: I've been thinking, what's your name?

guy: you see, I just don't give my name to anyone.

me:  So, I’m just anyone to you?

 

He came closer. I tried to touch his mask. But before I could, he held my hand. 

 

guy: not yet.

me: can’t you tell me who you are?

Guy: Just call me Heenim.

Me: Heenim? Hee…

Heenim: only you can call that, got it?

me: why?

Hee: Let's just say, you seem special.

 

I was special? In what way? My heart trembled. I felt something I haven't experienced ever.

 

Me: I'm sorry. I have to go.

Hee: Come back tomorrow.

 

I nodded. I went to the main entrance and saw Kibum waiting for me. I remained silent and kept thinking of Heenim. We reached my place. I saw Kyuhyun waiting outside my door.

 

me: Kyuhyun? Why are you waiting outside?

Kyuhyun: Coz you're not inside to let me in.

Me: I'm sorry.

Kyuhyun: And this is?

Kibum: I'm kibum, her co-trainee.

 

We came in. I cooked a simple dinner for the 3 of us. They were somehow competitive. I stood up immediately and washed the dishes. I left them at the living room. I went to my room to fix my things. 

 

Kyuhyun: Who really are you?

Kibum: I'm her co-trainee as I said earlier. And you are?

Kyuhyun: i've been her best friend ever since. 

 

I returned to the living room and saw them arm wrestling.

me: what are you doing?

kibum: i'm stronger!

kyuhyun: we'll see who wins.

me: HEY! HEY! HEY! This is my place!

 

They looked at me and stop.

 

me: if you may, stop it or go home.

 

They were like little kids. We just watched another movie. After watching, I looked at the two who fell asleep at each other. I woke them up, and they left. I was cleaning the room and took a bath. It was already 10 in the evening. I took a walk on my own. I went to the park. I saw a mask that was the same as Heenim's. I took it. I sat on the swing. Someone covered my eyes.  I was afraid. He took the mask and wore it. I removed his hands at my eyes.

 

me: don't do that again.

Heenim: i'm sorry.

 

He also sat at the swing beside me.

 

Heenim: it's late. Why are you still outside?

me:  the moon looks as lovely as ever.

Heenim: do you want to see my face?

me: yes.

Heenim: meet me here for the next 2 days in all the places you think where I am.

me: I promise.

 

I stood up, and so did he. He went closer to me and whispered to my ear.

 

Heenim: my friend, as long as you are here, I am here.

me: *nods*

Heenim: It’s getting late now. I’ll walk you home. It’s not safe for a young lady to do so. 

 

I nodded and he took me home.

 

Heenim: This is where you live? 

me: yes. Come in.

 

I served him a cup of water.

 

me: why do you hide behind the mask?

Heenim: because I’m afraid people will dislike me. 

me: that's unkind. I’ll accept you whoever you are.

Heenim: promise me?

me: of course.

 

It was getting so late. I opened the door for him. He hugged me saying thanks. I smiled. As he went away, I’ve been smiling. Then my phone then rang.

 

Me: unni?

Unni: How’s my sister?

Me: I’m good. I was just about to sleep.

unni: Oh, I forgot that it’s already late there. I’m sorry. Sleep well!

Me: Take care unni!

Unni: you too!

 

 

I put down the phone and thought of Heenim. I couldn’t’ help but smile. I fell asleep with a smile, and his image on my mind.