Coincidence

White Ribbon

It's 9 am.

Walking down the aisle, I can see my apartment's number not too far away. 1502. There are only 5 apartments per floor, and mine is the second one on the 15th floor. All the other rooms are occupied. Lucky for me, one apartment was empty. Without thinking twice, without  thinking at all, I bought that apartment. It's not too big, but has 2 floors. I like my apartment's concept plus the price was not so high. The former owner needed money fast, so he sold it cheap. Inside, there is large balcony on the first floor. I like to star gaze at night, so I placed a large sofa in it.

Since I was little, my father and I have always star gazed at night. And when the meteor was coming, we always stared at the dark night and prayed our wishes. People say that the wishes may come true if you pray to the meteor. It has been 3 years since my father passed away. My mother died long ago when I was in high school. I don't have anyone left in the world. All I have is myself, and Woo Bin-ssi.

 

Gosh! What I'm thinking? Woo Bin-ssi?

 

How could I still think about him? Yes, Woo Bin-ssi is my ex-boyfriend. He's the one who left me. He said that he wanted to study abroad. But I know he's lying. He is going abroad because Han Chae Rim is going abroad too. Han Chae Rim and Woo Bin-ssi are school mates. They were friends since a long time ago when I still didn't know him. Their parents are friends too. That explains why their children fell in love too.

 

Yes, Woo Bin-ssi likes Han Chae rim.

 

And Han Chae Rim liked him since a long time ago.

 

On the day that Woo Bin-ssi left, I found their secret love letter. I was about to tidy up my apartment when I saw an envelope in Woo Bin's jacket. He had left his jacket the night before when we celebrated our last meeting before he went abroad. I opened that and it was Han Chae Rim's handwritting. I knew it was her handwriting because Woo Bin-ssi let me read their year book when they were still in high school. Reading the letter, I realised that all this time I was nothing to Woo Bin-ssi. All this time, since the moment they met, he had liked Han Chae Rim. But they weren't honest about their feelings, not until now. 

 

And then I appeared in front of Woo Bin-ssi. 

And he said that he loved me.

And I believed all he said to me.

 

For years, I always thought that he really loved me. Because I love him too. I think it's enough that I love him to make him loves me back. He knows best that I love him. But I was wrong. When he saw me, The one who exists in his eyes was always Han Chae Rim. When he hugged me, I bet he was thinking of hugging Han Chae Rim. And when he kissed me, that kiss was not for me. It was for Han Chae Rim. It was always her.

I thought I was enough for him. 

I guess I wasn't.

But maybe he's sick of me.

Such that he ran away with Han Chae Rim.

And left me behind.

Like a fool.

 

I hate him. Of course I hate him. I hate him to death. But I still miss him. I loved him with all my heart. And it hurts when he's not beside me anymore. I feel empty. I feel lonely and can't sleep every night without his warm body by my side. I hate him. But I still love him. Arghh... I don't know anymore.


 

The automatic lights in the aisle switched off when I walked past them. I'm not afraid of dark or ghosts, because I've never seen one before, so I don't believe in them. Taking my apartment's key from my handbag, I push it into the keyhole. Suddenly, the door behind me opened. Shocked, I turned as fast as I can and saw a man coming out of the other apartment.

 

 

It was the man that I seen earlier in the Bistro.

 

 

 

 

 


Happy Holidays everyone ^^