Joon, wae?

The WGM quarrel

 

She looked at the television, her heart heavy. Her vision was starting to blur with the tears that were forming in her eyes, but she had it fixed on the programme that was broadcasting now. A thousand and one thoughts ran through her mind as she trembled slightly with the shock.

Why had he not said anything about it? Why did he leave her to find out about it only through the broadcast? Suryn forced herself to look at the screen. Her boyfriend was having fun throwing coins into the wishing pond, smiling and laughing together with a girl that was not her. She felt her heart wrench in pain. Why had Joon not tell her he was doing “We Got Married”? True, that reality show is a huge hit, and being on it would really boost his popularity in the industry. It would also be good for him to go on the show to expose himself to a new sort of experience. But how could he agree to do the show when he knew Suryn would be jealous? Did he not think about her feelings?

The door to their apartment flung open and Joon stepped in, smiling brightly as he called out to Suryn. “Yeobo ~ I’m home!” Suryn pretended not to hear and curled up on the couch silently. “Baby?” Joon says softly as he sat down on the couch. He stole a glance at the television. “Omo.” He gasped.

“Baby?” Joon leans down to look at her. He took her hands away from her face. “Are you angry at me?” he looks at her, blinking lightly. Suryn kept quiet and looks away. Joon cupped her face with his hands and turned her back, planting a light kiss on her lips.

Suryn pushed him away and stood up, running into their room. “Yes I’m angry with you. Go and look for her then. Why did you come back?!” She yelled as she slammed the door shut and threw herself onto the bed, sobbing.

Joon sighed and opened the door, he knew Suryn would never lock him out of the room. He walked to the bed and sat down, gently patting her shoulder. “I’m sorry. I should have told you that I was going to do WGM.” Suryn cried harder, her shoulders shaking. Joon carefully pulled her up, hugging her in his arms. “I’m sorry.” He whispered.

Suryn looks up at him, “Oppa … Wae?” she spoke softly. Joon looks at her with sad eyes, “It was a good opportunity. I thought about a lot when the proposal was given to J. Tune Camp. When I received it, I was worried about how you would react to this. I was afraid, afraid to take up the offer, afraid to tell you, afraid that you would be angry.” He sighed, “Sorry baby.” He cradled her in his arms gently.

Suryn looked at him and blinked, “Oppa … you know me. I’m not sociable at all. I only like going out with you, I would only do things with you. I can stare at you for hours; I can follow you around the whole day and not do anything but feel really happy. I am literally just obsessed with you and you only.” She spoke softly, looking at him with tears b in her eyes.

Joon kissed the tears away softly, “Pabo. I like it that you’re like that. I love it when you follow me around, I love it when you stick with me the whole day. I love it that you’re crazy over me. Yes, I’m possessive, I’m selfish. I want you to only belong to me.”

Suryn sniffs cutely and looks at Joon quietly, “But oppa, I’m selfish too. I want you to belong to me only.” She pouts. “I don’t want you to be an on-screen couple with her. I don’t want it.”

Joon hugged her in silence, kissing the top of her head. “Baby, you’re understanding by nature. This is work. I can’t back out anymore…” his voice trailed off as he looked down, sad and sorry. Suryn sighed, “Dae, I know. Oppa … “ Suryn looked up at Joon, “W-will you ever leave me?” tears fell from her eyes.

It broke Joon’s heart to see his girlfriend crying. Gently, he wiped the tears away from her cheeks, “Don’t cry, silly. I won’t ever leave you.” He spoke softly, caressing her cheeks lightly. “You are the only girl who truly understands me. Believe me, nobody will ever replace you in my heart.” He gave a small smile and took her hand in his, “I love you, pabo.”

Suryn cried harder after hearing his words, “I love you too, I love you so much it scares me. What if you leave me one day? What if I ..” Joon placed a finger on her lips, causing her to stop midsentence. “I won’t allow you to entertain such thoughts. I will not leave you.” He pecked her lips gently, “How can I ever leave someone whom I love so much, especially when my feelings are reciprocated?” Suryn sobbed in his chest softly, hugging him tightly.

“I’m sorry baby.” Joon whispered. “I promise; everything is only for the sake of the show. I won’t do anything more out of the show. You’re my one and only, my everything. Nobody will replace you.” He kissed her softly, keeping her tight in his embrace. Suryn nodded, “Oppa I believe you.” She gave him a small smile, looking up at him cutely. “But I still feel really unhappy when I see the broadcast. Who knows how long this is going to be?” she sighed and looked down, playing with her fingers.

Joon kept silent, deep in thought. “Omo, I have an idea.” He spoke up suddenly. Suryn looked up at him again, tilting her head to one side. “Just think of everything as a drama!” Joon smiled, “A drama is not real. What we’re doing for WGM is according to a script, like how dramas are filmed with scripts. It’s not real. We’re just filming a show for people to watch, it’s purely work.” He stopped and looked at Suryn, waiting for a response.

Suryn nodded slowly, “Like the drama that G.O oppa was in, Ghost?” she asked. Joon nodded, “Neh! And also like Ninja Assassin!” he chuckled at the memory of his first ever Hollywood movie. Suryn smiled, “I know what to do now, oppa.” She threw her arms around Joon and hugged him tight, “I love you so much, my Hollywood star.”

Joon laughed, “Aniyo, I’m not a Hollywood star. But yes, I’m yours.” Suryn tickled him playfully, “You are! You’re the first Korean to debut in Hollywood!” she spoke excitedly. Anything about Joon always excites her. Joon knew that, and that is why he’s always with her, he wants her to feel secured and safe with him. He looks at his girlfriend as she got up from his arms and bounced on the bed happily, “I’m so proud of my boyfriend!”

Joon captured her back into his arms and kissed her forehead, “Do you know what a forehead kiss mean?” Suryn shook her head, “Molla.” She pouts. Joon grinned and touched her lips gently with his finger, “It means that I want to protect you.” Suryn smiled and wrapped her arms around Joon. “Oppa saranghaeyo.” She says into his chest shyly. Joon laughs and cradled her in his arms, “I love you too.” He says softly against the crown of her head.  

“Can we stay like that for a while?” Suryn made herself comfortable against Joon. “Of course we can.” Joon smiled and kissed the top of her head lightly, glad that she was understanding and ever so loving.