Chapter 1

Ski Resort

 

It was a long, tiring trip to the ski resort. That exhausting trip, however, was where they met. Seunghyun was absolutely charming, but compared to that blonde he was just a mere beauty. Of course it was rare, a creature much more beautiful than him, so Seunghyun was feeling weird. He kept on looking at the other one, fidgeting on the seat of the bus. Caught him staring then, the blonde, and he smiled warmly at Seunghyun in reply.

"Hello there," his eyes turned half-moon, it was so pretty that Seunghyun nearly jumped. 

Seunghyun was too flustered to think. His face was flushed and his long bangs failed to cover his silly expression, his curiousity was crystal clear. It was weird, it was uncomfortable all over. He was just lost.

Tried his best to stop looking but keep on not succeding, he peeked. The blonde chuckled then, lightly, heavenly.

"Hello again."

 

The blonde caught him again, at the ski resort when they were getting keys from the receptionist.

"Wanna get into my room to continue?" he teased, jingling his room key in front of Seunghyun. He watched the agitated man for a good measure, before walking away with a laugh.

Seunghyun was as red as tomato. He tried not to stumble on his feet and requested his room key. Taking a look at the guest list, he saw the name. 

Kwon Jiyong.

That man was clearly messing up with his mind. Seunghyun didn't have any idea how this Kwon Jiyong always manage to caught him in act, but he was ashamed once again, and he swore not to stare so rudely again.

Though whatever swear, it was gone in no time.

 

"Choi Seunghyun, eh?"

Seunghyun's eyes widened when Jiyong turned at him so suddenly as he watched the other man built a snowman at the resort. He knew his name. Jiyong knew his name.

"Looked up for it in the guest book. As you did too,” he added, smiling. Seunghyun briefly wondered how he could know that he looked up for it, but he concluded that it didn’t matter.

“Kwon Jiyong-sshi,” Seunghyun blushed as he uttered the blonde’s name.

“Ji’s fine,” he said.

“J-Ji,” Seunghyun wanted to slap himself when he stutter. “Ji.”

“Seunghyun,” Ji replied, delicate snow white fingers brushed his bangs aside. “Seunghyun.”

It was weird. Very weird, how the name sounds right when he spoke, how beautiful it seemed. Never crossed him that he would even hear it from the blonde’s mouth. Still, he blushed hard that it made Jiyong laughed.

“You’re cute. You need to be more confident. Why keeping your bangs so long?”

The older man noted then, he’ll need to do something with his hair.

 

The next morning was no different than before, but Seunghyun was.

“You cut your bangs,” Jiyong commented when he saw him. “It looked much more beautiful than before.”

Seunghyun blushed shyly, lowering his head.

In instant, the hand reached his cheek, keeping him from hiding it. “Don’t hide it. You look really cute.”

And he didn’t dare to go against it, cause he felt so warm with the hand on his cheek, though really they were practically freezing among the snow.

Then he saw it. The shimmering gold on his ring finger. He didn’t know how could he miss that during their first meeting, it taken himself aback. He stood still, eyes avoiding contact. That wasn’t right.

Lusting wasn’t right.

Lusting for a guy wasn’t right.

Lusting for a guy who was married wasn’t right.

Hell, nothing’s right. He could probably get kicked out from heaven for it. But as he tried to resist, Jiyong smiled ever so brightly, that special, mischievous smile of his.

“Hey, come with me.”

And all Seunghyun could think of that time was, screw heaven.

 

He tried to stop it, he did. The extremely warm, giddy feeling that sent electricity through his spine. One that got him trembling, one that got his so pleasant, so shy, so loved. But his body won’t listen, it drowned in the pleasure and love, and whatever pieces of peace remain.

“You’re too quiet,” Jiyong said, leaning on Seunghyun’s shoulder softly.

They were sitting at the balcony of Seunghyun’s room, looking to the pure white snow in front of them. No matter how cold it was at the time, Jiyong still made him red, dark red, bursting in embarrassment or shyness or else. Whatever it was, he felt amazingly pleasant, and he just forced himself not to care about anything else.

“You should try talking a lot, you know,” the smaller one continue to chatter randomly. “Though I know that you are pretty much full of expression I could recognized, you should at least talk. About you, about me, anything.”

Seunghyun briefly wondered if he was that weird. True, as everyone told him. He barely talks with anyone if unnecessary, but that just the way he was.

“I don’t talk.”

Jiyong widened his eyes in surprise, looking at him in disbelief. “You do!”

“N-no, I mean not often,” he corrected himself, stuttering.

“Why?” Wide eyes looking deep at him, curious as hell. Seunghyun wondered if he looked like that when he was curious, but he stopped himself from questioning.

“I just… Don’t,” Seunghyun said, not explaining. It’s not like he didn’t want to, he just didn’t know the explanation himself. It was simply the way it was meant to be, being so quiet and introvert.

“You’re weird,” he said, eyes still wide looking at him. Seunghyun was seriously scared of being rejected, but whatever he was afraid of was clearly misplaced the moment Jiyong spoke again. “I understand you.”

Seunghyun’s grin was never wider.

 

Hey, Jiyong, don’t you know how charming you are? Seunghyun could not help but think that way every time his eyes caught the sight of the blonde.

Jiyong talked about his adventure, about how he ended up at the ski resort instead of his fiancée’s house. (At this, Seunghyun was just grateful Jiyong wasn’t married… Yet) How he rode the bus clumsily because he forgot to call for a cab, and how it was so hard to get one with the snow all over the road. Jiyong was so expressive in his stories; it made even a guy like Seunghyun laugh.

He just didn’t get it, how the one he fell in love for was a guy, and on top of it, betrothed. He didn’t get anything, because somehow this man understands him the most, even more than his parents.

“But I do not regret it,” Jiyong said, smiling to Seunghyun as he used his googles.

Seunghyun could not stop the curiousity from flowing. “Why?” You failed on meeting your daughter.

Jiyong’s teeth was showing from how huge his smile was.

“But I meet you.”

Seunghyun was frozen.

Jiyong took his silence well, leading him to do something and stop the talks, cause boy he at it. So he slide down the slope while laughing. “Let’s race to the end of the slope!”

Oh but if you see, Jiyong! How Seunghyun was shaking involuntarily, of excitement and frailty. And his face went as red as a tomato, just to hear you say you’re glad he was there.

 

The big, yellow bus was ready to leave.

“Isn’t it a pity,” Jiyong said as the bus arrived at Seunghyun’s station.

Seunghyun couldn’t agree more, but he kept on quiet anyway. He took his bag and stood, silently wishing that Jiyong would stop him from leaving.

He didn’t though.

“Arrive safely at home, Seunghyun-ah,” he said, waving at him softly.

Seunghyun was disappointed, but for once he tried to look energized. “You too,” he said, but his voice was too jumpy, too fake. Not that he ever done anything genuine, but it’s more that he wanted to at least look sincere to him. Not that he succeed in it.

He walked slowly, with heavy steps, and for the first time he knew the feeling of letting go. But now that he knew everything he needed to know, he didn’t want to leave.

“Ji-Jiyong-ah!” he said, turning around.

The blonde was smiling almost triumphantly, like knowing that Seunghyun would turn around. “Hello,” he said, as if mocking, but Seunghyun live for it.

“I-I… I will visit the ski resort again next year!” He announced, face red in embarrassment.

Jiyong practically laughing his off. “Then I’ll forgot the cab again.”

And Seunghyun smiled widely, as if he just flew to cloud nine. He just waved then, though awkwardly, and hopped out of the bus.

 

 

 

Very sorry for the long wait. ><

I can't promise new chapter, I'm still juggling with the new idea. I'll look for the comment first to decide. So please comment! ^^