Meeting - Minho's POV.

Angelic Grace

 

My stare lingered on him for a moment as he walked into the shop, but I averted my eyes ever so quickly. I couldn't be caught staring at costumers, could I? Though I just couldn't help the glances I gave him, that boy, that beautiful, majestic boy. He looked like something far more precious than an angel; skin milky smooth, eyes that drove you into a sea of bubbly blue. And, oh, his gorgeous hair! A chestnut brown that cascaded to the base of his neck, such a shiny coat of color it was. He was a petite man, short, thin by all means. But nonetheless, such a picture of perfection. 
 
He held the agility and grace of but a young child, though I knew he was nothing of the sort. Despite the carefree wit his smile held, I could feel a mature, responsible young man, which only made him more pleasing to the mind. And only then did the sound grace my ears, a laugh of laughs that filled my stomach with butterflies at it's sweet tune. 
 
By God, had I truly stumbled upon an Angel? How could this beautiful creature be anything but? The flaws of humanity had no scarring on his chubby face, his youth unperturbed by society's crows. He was more than a thing of beauty. This boy was but a masterpiece, the highlight of an Artist's skill, every of the brush just ever so! And how I craved to bask in the majesty of such artwork. What would it take, I wondered, to be allowed in the presence of such a graceful figure? To speak to him, get to know him. Perhaps learn his name?
 
And in my trip to cloud nine I had forgotten where I was for the moment, and held my breath as the boy approached me. His eyes shown in the lighted room, and I could feel my very soul being pulled into those blue orbs. Oh, if only I could stare at them a bit longer. With a voice as sweet as honey the boy spoke, and for a moment I felt as though my very heart had ceased beating.
 
"Hello, sir, I would like to buy a bouquet of roses, please."
 
Roses then, it was? The flower that represented the most sacred of loves? He adjusted his weight, waiting patiently for his order as I felt my soul plummet into a sadness I couldn't describe. So, he was in love with another. And who to blame? It was no shock nor surprise that such a piece of art had already an Artist to wield the brush. But it's not like I had lost a chance. Although I greatly envied the person who held this boy's heart, I knew that it had never been intended to be. I was a man-- such love was looked down upon. Most likely this beautiful young man had yet a beautiful young woman to share his light. Oh, how I envied her so, how lucky she was to be in the arms of such an Angel.
 
"Of course," I replied shortly, keeping my voice from breaking. I went into our back room, behind the counter, to where our storage of the most exotic flowers and plants were held for consumer purchase. Well, I thought, if I couldn't have him, then I would do my best to please whoever did. The least I could do was make an impression, mm?
 
I chose the best of the best for a beauty such as him, roses of such a crimson bled in a bouquet of twenty, tied together nicely with a ribbon as white as the purity that held the lad in it's invisible cloak. The flowers were young, nary a sign of wilt, and with leaves and petals as whole as the love it so cherishingly represents. Yes, an arrangement worthy of such an enchanting soul.
 
I returned with haste, heading back out to where the fair boy stood. He seemed anxious, standing there, fiddling around with his long, pale fingers. This action alone aroused my cheeks in a heated pool of color, and I held the bouquet out to him. I humored myself by pretending I was confessing my feelings to him, that these roses were from me to him. But I knew ever not, my fantasies were just that. Fantasies. 
 
But oh, what will it took to keep my knees from buckling under me as he gave me that smile once more, extending his arm to take the flowers. I stood silently, watching, observing. He lifted a finger and ever so gently caressed the dainty petals, bringing them to his face to inhale it's sweet scent. The boy seemed pleased, and this realization decreased my worries even just a tad. 
 
His gaze rested on myself once again, his alluring smile still present on his flawless face. "These are beautiful, how much will they be?" He asked, head tilting to the side. Why did God have to tease me so?
 
"On the house." Was my answer. I replied to his smile with a grin of my own; and while I know very well it may have only been my imagination, I couldn't help but wonder if I saw him blush? I quickly disposed of the thought, I was just being foolish now. He wasn't mine, he belonged to someone else. I needed to get that through my head before I ended up doing or saying something I would later regret.
 
As I had expected, his eyebrows rose in surprise. "'On the house?' You can't possibly think I would take such a lovely bouquet without pay? Believe me, you deserve it." He reached into his wallet -- a small thing, covered in pictures of kittens. I tell you, there was absolutely nothing about this man that wasn't simply adorable.
 
He pulled out a twenty, nearly shoving it into my hands as he adjusted the flowers that sat in his arms. "Keep the change." He sent another heavenly smile towards me before turning on his heal, and exiting the Flower Shop.
 
I kept an eye on his disappearing figure as he trotted down the street, nearly skipping in glee. When he was out of my sight I let out a contented sigh. I hoped with all my heart and soul he would return, for any reason, just so I had another opportunity to gaze upon him once again.
 
And it was just then, I cursed myself. I had never even asked for his name...