A Quiet Night

The Adventures of Yesung and His Crazy Roommate

As much as Yesung enjoyed the exciting adventures his roommate always brought, he also found comfort and pleasure in the quiet nights of winter. He was sitting in the common room of his dorm by the fire place, and as cliché as it is, he had a cup of hot chocolate. Needless to say it was very comforting and contrasted very much with the harsh biting wind that blew outside. He rarely ventured out of his room at night, but tonight was special. It was particularly cold in the room he shared with that strange boy, and the common room was empty, seeing as a good majority of students had gone home for the holidays. Neither him nor Kyuhyun had been invited, or chose in Kyuhyun's case, to come back, leaving a big, almost empty building for the two of them.

He had convinced Kyuhyun to bring his studying down to the common room so he would be toasty warm as he read those scary looking textbooks. Kyuhyun was fighting a cold, Yesung knew it. Ever since the ball and his idiotic choice of clothing, he coughed and sniffled every few minutes, notifying Yesung of his current state of health.

There was also the other incident of the ball. The doctor said it was a combination of sustained stress with a sudden major stressful event that cause Kyuhyun to have a mental breakdown and pass out. The doctor had said it was nothing extremely hazardous for Kyuhyun, and had declared there was nothing much he could do other than order the maknae to sleep. Kyuhyun had obliviously ignored the doctor's recommendations and studied all night. That brat never thought of anything other than studying. What a waste! He was fairly handsome, he could get a pretty girlfriend...who was he kidding... Kyuhyun was very much too awkward to get a girlfriend. That poor thing would be horrified every time he'd open his mouth, and would probably be freaked out by his compulsive need to study above all else.

"What's the stare for?" Kyuhyun asked, pulling Yesung out of his reflection.

"Nothing. I was just thinking" he replied.

Kyuhyun looked up from his book and into Yesung's eyes. He was bored, but a bit intrigued at the idiotic thoughts that ran through his dumb hyung's head. He was reading about chemistry and the history of Sir Christopher Kelk Ingold, and his groundbreaking research about alkyl halides. Not the best thing to study at night when a much more interesting hyung was sitting beside him.

"About what?" Kyuhyun inquired.

"You" Yesung deadpanned. Kyuhyun had noticed, in the past weeks, Yesung had developed his own kind of evil, and appeared to enjoy teasing him when it was the two of them alone. It's not that he minded, it was just strange. But Yesung was naturally a strange person.

"Come here for a minute" Yesung ordered. Kyuhyun debated obeying, but settled for returning to his very large textbook. How could he miss the opportunity to piss off his hyung and analyze his behavior?

"You brat" was all Yesung said before returning to hot chocolate. That brat always put his studies first, what a nerd. It was the holidays, how could he be reading a scary looking textbook about...what was that...Chemistry and famous chemists?

And foolish Yesung thought he had changed! Kyuhyun had become noticeably more gentle and soft. Yesung had not dreamed it; Kyuhyun had changed. He was less distant and cold toward Yesung, he was kinder (in his own special way), he even helped his clueless roommate with his homework sometimes. And that was something huge for someone like Kyuhyun! His behavior had shown Yesung that he had indeed opened up to him. Yesung felt very proud, he felt as if he had won a small battle in a big war to melt the ice around the maknae's heart. He would do it, and free Kyuhyun of his eternal stoic life to make way for carelessness and fun.

Yesung took a sip of his hot chocolate, thinking about his plan. In his reflection, Yesung began to ponder about his own feelings for the maknae. Was it friendship, admiration, or something even scarier? Yesung knew he would get hurt if those feelings were ever felt toward the maknae. He was nowhere ready to develop that kind of relationship with his hyung. Yesung knew his opinion of those feelings; he thought them useless and pitiful. He had once heard his say that people in that kind of relationship were nothing but pitiful lonely people, and those emotions they were feeling were nothing but empty lies and molecules. To Kyuhyun, those sacred feelings were molecules, hormones, chemical reaction, not the essence of a peaceful society.

Kyuhyun simply wasn't ready. A lot of ice would have to melt before he would feel those emotions like everyone else. He couldn't stay an aual nerd all his life! Yesung made it his mission. Although much harder than the previous one of teaching the maknae dancing and making him smile, Yesung would not give up! He would crack the ice around Kyuhyun's heart and make the snarky little maknae fall in love, preferable with him

A soft snore interrupted the deep reflexion of Yesung. He glanced over and saw the maknae's head bent forward, his glasses slipping off his nose. That brat had fallen asleep. Yesung wasn't surprised. Kyuhyun should be exhausted after sleeping so little. But this was special. Never had Yesung seen the maknae sleeping. He always woke up before him, and went to bed much later than Yesung. At one point, Yesung even pondered if the maknae slept at all, but quickly banished the thought, reminding himself that Kyuhyun was a human just like him. But it also meant something else. It meant Kyuhyun trusted him enough to lower his guards and let his hyung witness him in his most vulnerable state.

Yesung chuckled to himself quietly. He leaned closer and carefully removed the thick lensed glasses off Kyuhyun's nose. He then grabbed a blanket he had nearby and covered the maknae's shoulders, but not before planting a soft kiss on his cheek. "Sweet dreams, you brat" he said quietly, throwing one last look at his adorable sleeping dongsaeng. 

Yesung liked quiet nights.

 


A/N

Hello! I'm baack! Not really, school restarts on Monday and it's the last 3 weeks before finals. My body is ready!...for labs and homework and essays and cramming and all that fun stuff!

I think I changed them all, but if I did , words like /this/ means the word was supposed to be in italics. Ipods aren't the best for writing out chapters but it does the job so I can't complain...

Well well well, who would've thought Yesung would be the less oblivious one and question his feelings first? *Sniffles* My clueless little turtle has grown up *sniffles*. But beware, the next chapter will be quite the shocker, so don't expect some mushy fluffly cuddly Kyusung scenes (kekekekeke). Thanks to everyone who commented and subscribed, I'm really sorry I don't answer to all the comments, but they make me feel bubbly and fuzzy on the inside when I read them!

Happy New Year! Please comment and subscribe and enjoy!