The Muscular System

The Adventures of Yesung and His Crazy Roommate

"Let me sleep" Yesung groaned and batted those intrusive hands away.

"Hyung! Stay still, or I'll shove sleeping pills down your throat" Kyuhyun replied in a stern voice to indicate his general irritation.

"Don't you ever sleep?" Yesung asked as a rhetorical question. "You go to bed after I do, and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and you're still up and about, mumbling, and you're always up before me" Yesung said sleepily. It was serious concern! Kyuhyun never seemed to sleep. Yesung imagined how tired he must've felt all the time and it was enough to make him shut his mouth and let the maknae work in peace. For a very short moment.

"What system are you doing this time?"

"Muscle" Kyuhyun deadpanned.

Yesung hummed in acknowledgement. "Why do you always take my shirt off?"

"It's easier to work" Kyuhyun replied in a bored manner.

"Or is it you absolutely want to see my abs?" Yesung replied cheekily.

Kyuhyun stopped his work, his scribbling on Yesung's abdomen,  and raised to his eyes to meet his hyung's with a look of disbelief and irritation. After a few seconds, when he was sure his idiotic hyung had gotten the message, he went back to scribbling. Sure Yesung had a nice set of Rectus Abdominis, but it's not like Kyuhyun wanted to feel them, or that he actually desired such forms on his own body. He was never a sports person, he was fully aware of that, but his self esteem always took a hit when he removed Yesung's shirt and saw the defined lines of his toned body. Unlike many would've thought, Kyuhyun was actually an extremely insecure person. He always felt he wasn't good enough and absolutely hated that feeling. When he was overwhelmed with those feelings, he always hid in his books, fully aware they were the cause of this feeling of worthlessness.

"Hey, you're awfully serious. What's the matter with you?" Yesung asked softly.

Kyuhyun snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Yesung with wide eyes. "Of course not. I'm always quiet, you're just usually sleeping" he snapped back, slightly alarmed at his hyung's frightfully perceptive comment.

Yesung gave him a suspicious look. So much for being friends, Kyuhyun mused to himself. Nothing had changed at all. Kyuhyun still kept too many dirty little secrets hidden in his heart and refused to open up to him. But that was him, Yesung couldn't expect him to change drastically over the course of a few days. And even if Kyuhyun managed to open up to Yesung, the last thing would do is to burden the older boy with filthy dark secrets. Yesung had his problems too, he didn't need to deal with Kyuhyun's ridiculous insecurities.

"Hey Kyuhyun-ah" Yesung tried again, with a softer approach.

"Don't worry about it, hyung" he replied sadly.

Yesung narrowed his eyes in suspicion. Kyuhyun wasn't behaving normally. He suddenly had this brilliant evil plan to get the maknae to talk, and get him used to skinship. He slipped his hands along the mattress, hiding under the bed sheets, until he reached the maknae's thin wrist and jerked him forward. Kyuhyun was taken off guard and landed his face in the pillow, the rest of his awkwardly sprawled on his shirtless hyung. Yesung then proceeded to wrap his arms around the maknae and held him tight against his torso.

"You are not getting out of this hug until you tell me" he declared cheekily.

Kyuhyun struggled a bit. He was definitely not pleased with this sudden twist in plot. What was Yesung trying to accomplish?

"Hyung, I have to finish this before school" Kyuhyun replied sternly.

"Tell me what's bothering you and I'll let you go."

Kyuhyun shifted again. "It's none of your business" he tried again.

Yesung frowned deeply and moved the maknae around so he would be facing him. He honestly expected the maknae's stoic expression, but was met with two lovely blushing cheeks. "How cute" he cooed.

"H-hyung! What's wrong with you today?" He stuttered menacingly.

Yesung wanted to see how far he could go before the maknae would actually get angry. "Kyuhyun-ah is so cute. Now tell hyung what's going on in your pretty little genius head" he ordered and pinched the maknae's cheek.

"Don't even bother if you're going to make fun of me," Kyuhyun replied a bit angrily. He had finally mustered the courage to confide in Yesung, but that idiot began teasing. He never liked to talk about himself, he normally only did when he was angry, hence why Yesung had ended up knowing about his unfortunate past. Talking about his feelings, because he indeed felt things like everyone else, was just something he didn't he was able to do sober and early like this. 

"No! I'm sorry!" He blurted once he realized his mistake. "Please tell me, I want to help you" he pleaded softly.

Kyuhyun buried his face in the pillow. "You won't understand anyway," he declared, his face still in the pillows. How could Yesung understand? How could he understand, he wasn't in his head, he didn't know how he felt, telling him would be pointless. So why was he doing this to Kyuhyun? He knew Kyuhyun was trying to be a better person to him, why on Earth did he think talking about feelings would be a good idea to get closer? Feelings were just things that got in the way of work, why did Yesung want to aknowledge them?

Yesung slapped his shoulder lightly. "Tell me anyway" he ordered.

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulder. "I feel like I'm not good enough" he stated sadly.

Yesung's mind went completely blank after Kyuhyun statement. "What?"

"Never mind hyung! I knew you wouldn't understand anyway! Aish! Let me finish, I have fifteen minutes left with all your idiocy!" Kyuhyun said, this time more than irritated. Yesung knew he had hit one of those "untalkable" subject, something he would need to tie down the maknae to get an answer. But Yesung was a clever man. He would wait, and ambush the maknae with his question and force him to answer. But now wasn't the time, Kyuhyun was already angry at him.

"I'm sorry, Kyuhyun-ah. I just don't understand why you would think that. You're the smartest person here and you're good at everything you do" he explained. The maknae simply ignored him and continued his work. He was still angry or something very similar. Yesung almost saw desperation in the maknae's eyes. He knew those feelings and emotions just caused a turmoil in Kyuhyun's mind and they would eventually explode under too much stress, as he had witness in the lab. The best solution would be to change subject and to wait for the maknae to explain himself, to confide himself in his hyung. 

"Say, Kyuhyun-ah. How do you take off my shirt without waking me up?" He asked causally. Kyuhyun's eyes went wide and his hand twitched, forming a long black line to be drawn on his stomach.

"What do you think, hyung?" he asked in a bored tone.

Kyuhyun quickly finished his work. He shut his anatomy book a stepped out the door, leaving Yesung alone. He stepped over a suspicious pile of fabric and to the shower. The first thing he noticed was the fine writing on his abdomen what Rectus abdominis? Can't find them kekeke. Yesung let out a long sigh. He was getting used to this. He then turned around briefly and saw writing on his ! That maknae! How far would he go next time? Did he have no definition of the word intimacy?

Yesung stepped out of the shower after having scrubbed off all the words, and briefly wondered what had happened to his shirt. He looked around  for a bit and finally saw a piece of fabric sticking out from under Kyuhyun's bed. He pulled on it, thinking it was his shirt, but a whole stack of them came out. All of them, his pajama shirts, and all of them with a long cut down the middle, some half sown back together.

 


"CHO KYUHYUN!"

 


A/N

I'm really sorry for updating this so late. So much for "I'll update soon" 

Well, I've been extremely busy with labs essay and other idiotic homework my teachers decided to give me because there was only one week of school left and my teachers are mean like that. Good thing the semester is almost over. But for next semester, I have functions, calculus and law and French, but that's a bird course since I'm better than the teachers.  The lovely people that made my schedule gave me a super easy first semester, and a crazy hard second semester (I had chemistry too, but I just decided it would be too much and changed it for law). I'm done ranting about the idiocy of my school.  

Good news! I have a couple chapters of  new fic I'm planning on posting soon (hopefully) of Kyusung in an post apocalyptic "let's -kill-everyone!" universe (has anyone read/watched Togainu no chi? It's that kind of setting). The problem is, other than homework, the reason I haven't really update this fic is because I began reading really gory /scary/horror manga (Corpse Party, Deadman wonderland, togainu no chi) and that kinda influences what I write about, so this fic almost to turned into a blood fest, but luckily enough, I had enough sense to not brutally murder Kyuhyun and Yesung and start another fic. I'm still not sure what turn it'll take, so I'm not posting it just yet. But to give a brief idea, here is a sneak peak:  

"How is it that every time we cross paths, we end up having in a dark alley?"

"I hate you" Yesung hissed as he saw the departing figure of Kyuhyun.

"Keep it that way."

Anyway, thanks to everyone who left lovely comments for my last chapter, I felt really fuzzy and happy on the inside after reading them, and feel free to perpetuate the tradition of fluffy comment reading time by commenting and subscribing~

 

 

(I think this story is approaching its end...)