I can call you Mine.

I Care For You.

 

Kyuhyun joined Super Junior a little later than the other members, so he had some hard time to get closer to them, especially the older ones. Especially Heechul. He doesn’t know why, but even if five years had already passed, Heechul seemed a bit distant from him. And he hated that. Because he loved Heechul ever since the first time he came. There’s something special about the older man, and Kyuhyun is the only person who knows and appreciates that. He wanted to get closer to Heechul, but he doesn’t know how.

 

Heechul was sitting on the couch, alone. Leeteuk had gone to his doctor to have his check-up because of his rhinitis. Yesung went to visit his family and so as Shindong. The SJM members who had gone back to Korea for awhile had their own schedule so they left. He was watching his favourite morning programme on the television silently while munching on his sandwich he made for breakfast when their magnae, Kyuhyun went down the stairs, his sling bag hanging on his skinny shoulders, heading for the door.

 

“Good Morning, Hyung. You’re early.” Kyuhyun greeted with a slight smile.

 

“Yeah, where are you going?” Heechul asked, sparing a mere glance at the younger before turning his head back to the television screen.

 

“Musical rehearsal,” He gave his Hyung a short answer and moved to open the door. But Heechul had said something that made him stop in his tracks.

 

“Take care, Kyuhyun-ah.”

 

He was shocked at first, but he managed not to show it. He smiled genuinely and muttered, “Thanks, Hyung. You too,” and went out to go to his schedule with a happy smile on his face. Kyuhyun felt like, somehow, Heechul cared for him. It’s the first time the older man had showed his care for him. Heechul is getting closer and closer to him, bit by bit. And he is willing to wait until the day comes that Heechul will love him back.

 

He hopped in their van, absorbing Heechul’s short but meaningful words to him. He put his headphones on, humming to the music being played on his ipod.

 

“Take care, Kyuhyun-ah.”

 

Heechul’s words kept on ringing in his mind and he liked the feeling.

Since it’s really early, Kyuhyun decided to take a short nap on their way when he heard a loud honking, and suddenly, their car crashed with another vehicle.

 

“Take care, Kyuhyun-ah.”

 

He felt his legs hurt and got bruised. His head felt like cracking after it collided with the car door’s window. Wounds and scratches surrounded his tired and skinny body and blood dripped from its wounds. But he knew he had to be fine. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah. Kyuhyun-ah. Are you okay? Don’t sleep. Kyuhyun-ah.”  His manager called, while gently shaking him. He groaned when he felt the stinging pain caused by the shaking.

 

“Hyung… I’m alright.” He answered weakly.

 

--

 

Heechul’s phone rang 3 hours after Kyuhyun left and there he was, in the same position. The only difference is he felt uneasy. The words he told the younger man before he left were something he didn’t expect to come out from his own mouth. But he felt the urge to say it. So he did.

 

“Hello? Teukie Hyung?”  He asked, knowing that it was Leeteuk since his number was the one flashed on Heechul’s phone screen.

 

“Heechul-ah…” the leader’s voice was hoarse and sounded like he’s going to break out in any moment. Heechul heard some occasional sobs, but he remained calm. “Donghae called me,” Leeteuk said from the other line, waiting for Heechul to respond. Heechul remained silent, signalling the other to continue whatever he’s going to say.

 

“Kyuhyun…” Heechul flinched, hearing the magnae’s name. Leeteuk sounded worried, terrified, afraid and bothered so Heechul himself started to get afraid. “He got into a car accident this morning at 5 am.”

 

Heechul felt his body got numb. His hands were shaking, he almost dropped his phone. “Heechul-ah? Heechul?” he heard Leeteuk calling for him but he’s too shocked to even listen. Tears slowly made its way down, staining his milky white cheeks. “Please, Kyuhyun. Not again.” He mumbled, sobbing. “Not again.”

 

He stayed like that for some minutes until he got himself together again and started dialling Leeteuk’s number.

 

“Hyung? Where did they bring Kyuhyun?” He asked. He nodded when he got the answer and went straight to where Leeteuk had told him to come.

Kyuhyun was lying on the white hospital bed, with his wounds already treated by the doctors. He’s talking to the other members who kept on asking if he was okay, how he feels, or what hurts when the door burst open, revealing a worried-looking Heechul, panting hard.

 

Kyuhyun got up, only to let out another groan when he felt the pain in his legs sting again. Sungmin and Ryeowook helped him to sit. He had his eyebrows raised not too high while looking at Heechul, who was looking back at him with eyes full of concern, his face wearing different expressions—happy, sad, worried, afraid and relieved.

 

Heechul wordlessly walked to his direction, with a sad smile on his face and went to hug Kyuhyun which caused the younger to feel different emotions—surprised, happy and loved. Kyuhyun smiled even with the physical pain he feels because of the accident. Heechul is beside him, hugging him, protecting him. And Kyuhyun felt like he was the person who was loved the most in this world.

 

“I told you to take care, didn’t I?” Heechul asked after breaking the hug. His cheeks were stained with tears that Kyuhyun clearly sees.

 

Leeteuk gave s a look that says they have to leave the two alone for awhile. They followed, shooting the other two some worried yet happy and relieved looks before they left the room.

 

Ryeowook smiled at Kyuhyun and gave him his you-should-confess-because-its-now-or-never look. The younger nodded and he went out.

 

“I’m sorry, Hyung.” Kyuhyun said after some minutes of silence that covered their somehow awkward atmosphere.

 

Heechul looked at him and smiled. “You don’t have to say sorry, it’s not your fault.” He said, patting the younger’s head.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Kyu…”

 

They both smiled shyly and looked away, their cheeks stained with a light shade of red.

 

“Kyu I…” Heechul started again, his eyes glued to the white floor. Kyuhyun remained silent, a way of saying that he’s listening to whatever Heechul is saying. “I’m sorry.” He said. “I’m sorry if I wasn’t a good Hyung to you, I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to protect you, I’m sorry if I didn’t care for you, Kyuhyun… I’m so sorry.”

 

Kyuhyun held the other’s hand, keeping it under the warmth of his own. “Hyung, don’t be.” He said as he held the older man’s chin, lifting it up to level it with his own. “Don’t be, okay?” He leaned closer and gave a light peck on Heechul’s cheek.

 

Heechul looked up, smiling. “Kyu?”

 

“Yes, Hyung?” Kyuhyun answered, refusing to look at the older.

 

“I… love you.”

 

Kyuhyun immediately looked at Heechul who was looking at everything but him. He let out a chuckle, and tilted Heechul’s head to give him another quick peck on his lips. “This. This is the day that I’m waiting for. Why did you make me wait for years?”

 

Heechul laughed. “Did I? I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay. I love you too, Hyung.”

 

Those five years of wait, I think that’s worth it. At least, now, I can call you mine.