1

A Different Kind of Love

 

One stormy night, in a little hospital in Seoul two beautiful girls were in labor.
 
 
 
 
The first one was Mrs. Kwon, a beautiful and petite 18 year old housewife to Kwon Jiyong, an education student in the University. 
 
 
 
 
 
The Second one, Mrs. Choi, the 19 year old wife of Choi Seunghyun, a blooming writer.
 
 
 
 
 
"Jiyoooooonnnggggg" Dara cried out as she was going through labor. And although he wished he could take all her pain away,  All her husband could do was hold her hand and Instruct her to breathe and push.
 
 
 
 
 
In the room adjacent to theirs,  a shout can also be heard from Bom. 
 
 
 
 
"Seunghyun!!! This is your fault! I hate you!! It fckng hurts!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. Seunghyun just kept kissing her face and saying sorry for the pain she was going through. 
 
 
 
 
 
After a few hours of labor which seemed more like an eternity to dara and bom they were both transferred to the delivery room where they both gave birth NSD (Normal Spontaneous Delivery) and passed out. The OB Gyne rushed to her other pending deliveries as the whole hospital was in a frenzy that night cos they were overflowing with patients. Then..before the nurse on duty could even place or write on the tags of the  the babies, the power in the whole city went off due to the hellish storm. 
 
 
 
 
When the lights went on again thanks to the generator, the nurse was already confused as to who is the Kwon's baby and who is the Choi's. Not wanting to get in trouble because of her carelessness, she just decided to write Baby Girl Kwon on the pink tag and put in the baby girl while witing Baby Boy Choi on the blue tag and making the baby boy wear it.
 
 
 
 
------
 
 
 
 
 
"uwaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!" The loud cries of baby chaerin can be heard all through out the Kwon's house. Even though she was still just a little baby, she was already feisty. They had a baby monitor installed in chaerin's room for them to hear when she cries.
 
 
 
Dara was about to get up and go to their baby when jiyong grabbed her waist and pulled her to bed again. "I'll go" he said softly.
 
 
 
 
"Ani. It's okay ji. I'll just feed her. She's probably hungry."
 
 
 
"I'll get her,I'll just bring her here so you don't have to stand up. It's only been 2 weeks since you gave birth jagi, you still need to rest."
 
 
 
 
A smile formed on her lips at the sweet gesture of her husband. "You're spoiling me ji. I've already had lots of rest"
 
 
 
"I've seen what you went through during labor"  He frowned a little as if remembering the pain she went through. "you were really brave jagiya.. and I'm forever grateful to you for giving me a child"
 
 
 
"Eventhough it's not the son you hoped for?" she raised her eyebrow but was still smiling at him. The question has been bugging her for quite sometime now. Jiyong has always hoped to have a son and since they didn't have enough money at the time to have an ultasound, he just kept hoping that their baby was a boy until dara gave birth and the nurse finally brought the baby to them and showed them that it was a girl.
 
 
But what surprised him was that he didn't feel any disappointment. Cos when he held their baby girl for the first time, he instantly felt love for it. 
 
 
"Girl or Boy..it doesn't matter anymore. As long as it came from you. From us.." he answered before planting a kiss on her hair.
 
 
 
She smiled as she watched her husband leave the room only to come back a few moments later with the baby girl in his arms. 
 
 
 
"Here" he carefully placed the baby in dara's arms.  She smiled again, seeing how beautiful her daughter was. 
 
 
 
She carefully slid down the strap of her nighties and settled her baby to feed her. Jiyong just sat beside dara watching his wife and daughter lovingly.  
When she finished feeding her baby, Jiyong took  the baby and carried it back to her room and placed it on the crib. He then kissed his daughter good night and sang a lullabye to her before returning to their room.
 
 
 
When he reached their room dara was still busy fixing and cleaning her nighties as her milk was still leaking. Jiyong slowly walked to the bed with a smirk on his lips.
 
 
"You know what?  pregnancy has done a lot of wonders to your s jagi" 
 
 
 
Dara blushed a deep shade of red "Aisht, don't start with me ji.."
 
 
 
"What? we don't want to waste your milk jagi... I know it hurts when they're engorged like that so let me ease it.."
 
 
 
-------
 
 
 
"Our baby is really handsome neh?" Seunghyun commented for the nth time while Bom and him were giving their baby a bath.
 
 
 
"Neh. He's really adorable, just like his father " 
 
 
 
"Good thing you married me huh? Imagine if you ended up with taeyang your baby would not be as cute as our little seunghyun here" 
 
 
 
"You arrogant .. taeyang was also quite good looking don't you know?" 
 
 
 
 
"But not as good looking as me..am I right?"
 
 
 
 
Bom giggled at her husband's conceitedness. After all, he really was the most handsome guy in their university. 
 
 
 
 
"Right. Not as handsome as you" she finally answered.