I'm sorry, Doongie!

Thunder's Cat

 

"Hyung! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to lose him!" Exclaimed Mir as he tried to apologize for  leaving the door open and letting Dadoong escape. 

"He usually comes back I don't know what happened. HYUNG!"

Thunder just sighed softly as he stared at his maknae with sad and disappointed eyes. He gave Mir one job that day and that was to watch his most precious cat and he failed him. His sadness kept him from speaking back to the other, finding no use in scolding him since his cat was gone and slowly laid back on to his bed.

Mir watched as built up tears rimmed in his hyung's eyes but never spilled and Mir was thankful for that. If Thunder cried in front of him he would feel like his heart would crash on to the floor. The youngest got on his knees beside Thunder's bed and rested his hand on top of his, playing with his fingers. "I'm really sorry, hyung." said Mir in a soft tone, his voice cracking a bit as silence settled between them. Casually, Mir laced their fingers together and smiled a bit when he felt the other squeeze his hand.

The room was cold from the air conditioner and he could feel his hair stand on end and goosebumps appearing on his skin. Rubbing his arm with his free hand, Mir let his thoughts run wild with ideas as to what he could do to console his partner. Most were stupid ideas but he would try anything to make him feel better. Mir looked over at the time on the digital clock, bright red numbers beaming at him that it was late. Releasing his hand, Mir climbed into the bed with him and snuggled into his side. To much of Mir's surprise, Thunder accepted him and tossed an arm around him and held him close.

"Good night, Mireu."

The next few days were filled with Mir pulling Thunder into random pet stores and shelters in search for the perfect cat to replace Dadoong with. All were to no avail since Thunder refused to even look at any of the cats or give them a chance. His stubbornness and refusal left Mir in a depressed and awful mood by the end of each day. He just didn't know what to do anymore. He filled his bed with cat toys, actually bought him a kitten and was made to return it, he even let him pick his own cat, and yet nothing worked. 

After walking his hyung back to the dorm he let his feet walk him in a different direction. He didn't know where he was going but all he knew was that he needed a better place to think. It was then that he spotted a familiar building and gasped, a large smile on his lips as an idea knocked him in the head. He knew exactly what he had to do. Picking up his phone he dialed Seungho's number and waited impatiently for his leader to pick up.

"Hyung! You gotta do me a favor.."

Thunder nagged and complained as he was blind folded and seat belted into the company van. "Where are we going!" He asked out of frustration, his arms being locked down by Joon and G.O while Seungho drove the van. Nothing was said in return to his question which just made him frown and huff childishly. The others only smiled at their young member and kept quiet the whole way through. Once they arrived to their current destination, they removed the second maknae from the van and lead him into a building and sat him down on a comfy couch.

Thunder reached up to take the blind fold off but was immediately scolded by all three of his hyungs which only caused him to pout. "Whatever you do, don't take that off. We'll take that off when we're ready." said Seungho as they all slyly left the building. Thunder sighed and sat back on the couch and relaxed, his mind in confusion as he started to feel soft fur brush against his hands and arms. 

"Dadoongie?" Thunder asked quickly as he started to pet what he thought was a cat. He could hear small purring and smiled as he realized it was a cat. But not just one cat, multiple cats surrounding him, purring and brushing against him to pet them all. Thunder let out a chuckle and tried to pet them all with the blind fold still covering eyes. Moments later he could feel hands slide up his chest and he began to panic yet calmed when he heard Mir's voice.

"Doongie~ annyeong!" Mir chirped happily as he slid his hands behind his hyung's head to take the blindfold off. Blinking his eyes to adjust to the light he peered at the maknae and laughed. He was dressed in those full body cat pajamas and his face was painted with whiskers and cat nose. "Surprise!" Mir yelled happily as he spun around for him.

"What is this?" Thunder said with a smile as he took Mir's hand and pulled him to sit beside him, making sure to move the cats.

"I just feel really sorry for losing Dadoong and I didn't want you to stop liking cats because of all my failed efforts and your loss. So I rented this cat cafe for just us for a little while. Do you.. like it?" He asked, looking into his eyes with some hope. Thunder nodded and picked up one of the cats and petted it's head with small smile.

"Thank you, Mireu-yah."

Mir only shook his head and kissed the other's cheek. "Don't thank me yet. I have one more surprise for you."

"Mwo?"

Mir smiled and left the room in a rush leaving Thunder with his curiosity. "Close your eyes hyung!" Mir shouted from the back room. Thunder obliged and closed his eyes, listening to Mir's footsteps as he approached him. "Okay. Now open."

Blinking his eyes open, they widened at the sight of his cat in Mir's arms. 

"D-dadoong!?"

Mir nodded and handed him his cat, Thunder immediately cuddling him in his arms.The soft purring making a small tear fall from Thunder's eyes and he sniffled and loved his cat like a small child. "Whe-"

"He was here the whole time. I was talking with the owner and he was telling me that he raises strays here to play with the cats that the customers bring with them. I asked him to show me and I found that little guy with them. He's all yours again." 

Thunder grinned at the cat then placed him down with the others to get up and pull Mir into a hug. "Thank you, Mireu." He whispered to him as he hugged him tightly. Mir returned the hug and nuzzled his face into the crook of his neck.

"Does this mean you'll pet me now?"

"As long as you don't babysit him anymore."

"It's a deal."