Festival

Writer

" Taiwan ! " you shouted 

" Can you just shut up your mouth ? " RiRi looked at you as if you did a crime

You had arrived to the festival almost late at night.  The bustling city was celebrating Hungry Ghost Festival when we dropped in. 

LF-3.jpg

The same beliefs were held in Taiwan as in Korea, except they called it the Ghost Month, whereby ghosts were free to roam for food. There were two major festivals held in Taiwan. One Buddhist and the other Taoist. The Taoist one was named, Jhongyuan festival whereas the Buddhist version was Ullambana Festival. Religious ceremonies held around Taiwan seem to be more interesting. They were offerings of food and drinks, chanting of monks and the burning hell notes as usual. Yet, we were impressed by the lengths of people went to prove their devotion.

During this time, local people in old-fashioned, even wearing them at work gathered around to watch one of the fantastic event in Taiwan. You were glad that we managed to have a little look though we were far. The festival was filled with countless medium spirits, who used as healers, exorcists and fortune-teller made thousand people come to have a look. 

And in Taiwan temple , we saw colourdul with different concept performances hy spirit mediums walking on fire climbing ladders made of razor. 

You shuffled down the narrow space. Your eyes flicking back and forth. Your hands uncontinously clenched into a tight fist and quickened your pace. Unexpectedly, someone grabbed your hand and pushed you to the side of the row of the people. Your heart froze, your stomach turned icy. The froze melted as the man was Tae Jun

" Where are you going ? "

" Nothing, jus-t .. " Tae Jun cut your speech.

" This is not Korea, you should be careful. You might lost " Tae Jun advised in worry

" Stay here " he added. 

You were standing next to Tae Jun while looking at how the boys from your groups were. They thought it gonna be attractive experience. The girls including you squirred when you saw the mediums performing self-multilating acts striking themselves with spike balls, clubs. You screamed in horror when they inserted swords and spikes into various parts of the bodies, including the face.

" Are You okay ? " Tae Jun whispered 

" Maybe ? " you shaked your head with your eyes looked sharply at the medium's performance.

Not for a long time, the wounds of the sharp objects quickly close up. We were witnessing some really amazing, bodering an unbelieveable stuff. 

You hugged Tae Jun's shoulder whenever you felt scared. You felt relieved for a moment not after you saw the fire ball was thrown straight to the medium's mouth

" Does it hurt ? " you asked

" Not really " Tae Jun replied

RiRi walked toward the rest and wished to walk back to the chalet. Everyone agreed so did you since she look about to throw up. Her face was pale in addition, she had a quite fair skinned which made her look like a ghost.

" Let's have our tea " Chan Ho spoke.

" Are you ok RiRi " Roh Ju showed her care.

" There is a France 24 hour restaurant around here " Min Jun pointed his hands to a crowded alley .

" Ri Ri ?  If you can't bear with this , let walk home " you asked but she had totally fallen in to a silence. 

You ordered spaghetti. The noddles, wet quishy soft tastly noodles come in different shapes and sizes, and even colours. Sauces that could be red or white, cheese in adn over the sauces, meatballs and sausage. Italian cuisine, heart filling, very tasty could be cooked with wine. 

You ate hungrily as if nothing happened. 

" RiRI, ARE YOU BEING POSSESSED ?" you asked

Everyone widen their eyes and RiRi just looked down. 

Soon, all of you reached chalet. RiRi immediately ran to the bed

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________