Chapter 1 -Late for practice

Following My Heart

 

 

Jessica's POV:

I always use to take life for granted before I met him. Sure I realised what is important, but I didn't know how it felt to be rejected and that is exactly what he did to me. Though before I gave my heart to someone for the very first timeI lived a pretty peacful life.

...

"SooYeon-ah"

Jessica's mother had to awaken her daughter before she was late for training again. Jessica; prone to oversleeping, was usually the last one to enter the SMentertainment building; her members, glaring at her found it impossible to stay mad. 

"Take care sweetheart"

Jessica's ride awaited her at the doorstep as her chauffeur begins to drive after making sure she had closed the door. 

The journey there didn't take too long. Out of all her members, Jessica lived the closest to the SMent building as her family had made sure it was conveniant to return home after moving back to Korea from abroad. 

"Right outside here Mr Kang" she quickly darted out of the moving vehicle as soon as she felt it stationary enough to leave.

"Psh"

She had gotten the belt of her jacket stuck in the door again. Jessica was also clumsy as well as a sleep-addict. "Sorry, I'm sorry!" she bowed a couple of times before Mr Kang chuckled awkwardly and drove off again towards the Jungs' appartment. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Where is our Sica?" Sooyoung trotted around the studio impatiently. 

By the looks of things, their trainer wasn't too impressed either. 

"We better start without her"

"No! wait. My cousin will be here soon" Seohyun declares hoping Jessica would show up any second now.

"I over slept again! I'm so sorry..." there is sympathy in Jessica's voice. The rest of the eight girls assemble themselves into positions whilst Jessica hurriedly follows after them. They are rehearsing for a routine soon to be showcased in Busan. 

The music slowly rises. 

"Why didn't you call me last night?"

"Tiffany, I told you, I have to work on a university project" Taeyeon is speaking emotionless whilst the two of them move their feet to the music. 

"You worry me"

"We are such a flirtatious duo" chuckles the older girl.

"Yah! stop looking at my cleavage!" Tiffany spins around purposely smacking her hair into Taeyeon's smirking face. 

"Fa-"

"Breaktime girls!"

Much to his delight, their trainor decides to occupy time on his break to talk to a female of his choice; BoA Kwon. 

The nine girls clap in unison to show praise for their rehearsal then slump back on some benches to unwind and wipe sweats. 

"Unnie, I need you to meet a friend of mine this saturday" Seohyun's cheeks turn the most adorable shade of red. 

"Ofcourse, who is this lucky guy maknae?" Jessica knows her cousin admires him and won't stop talking about him whenever she is with Seohyun. It came out as a secret at first but slowly the older girl had managed to make her younger confess and the saturday she was going to meet this famous face. 

"Nahh she's helping me with my project right Jessica?" Yoona's mischivious smile is evident even when she is attempting to be innocent. 

"I'll help you Yoong. Go have fun Jess" Sunny's smile lit up the room as Yoona pulls a face. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After practice, Tiffany pulls Taeyeon aside leaving the rest of the girls to talk within themselves. 

"We need to talk!" she is restraining from crying. Her lose curls fell from her cheeks uneatly and her lips are stinging hot with respiration. 

"I can't keep up this relationship with you"

"Why ever not?! did I do something wrong to you Kim Taeyeon? apart from giving you my all?" 

"No its me, not you" Taeyeon hangs her head with as much sympathy as a fish. 

"How?" Tiffany's heart races impatiently in her chest. She feels like she is going to be sick if she hears anything more. 

"I like someone else"

"Who?"

"Yuri"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was raining now. The clouds were rolling by a deep shade of gray and the usually bubbly young women of SNSD were turning mute just by looking at the weather. 

"Are you sure you will be ok getting a lift alone with him?"

"Stop worrying unnie. Omma met him. I can't wait till we go somewhere on saturday"

"Go on then. Call me when you get home to reassure me you're safe" 

Jessica hugs her younger and watches her get into an unfamiliar car. His face invisible, his thick black hair made him look like an arabian prince from a fairytale. 

Jessica's POV:

Never would I have known how a stranger would soon change my look on life. At glance; stranger. Up close; my first love.