To Give Up Everything For You

To Give Up Everything For You

"Shush!" Kyuhyun hissed as he covered Yesung's mouth with his hand and slammed him against the wall.

Kyuhyun grabbed a fairly large rock from the ground and aimed it at a window a couple buildings down. Soon the scattered zombies all joined to march to the building. This gave Kyuhyun and Yesung enough time to escape the small alley they were hiding in.

They stealthily ran away and several blocks down, they stopped to take their breaths.

"Sorry." Kyuhyun whispered. "I didn't mean to be so violent and slam you against that wall."

Kyuhyun and Yesung now understood each other much better. Ever since that night where Yesung decided to go off on his own to kill those things to protect Kyuhyun, he could understand the adrenaline rush Kyuhyun felt. He could understand his almost desperate attempts to protect him, even if it meant getting hurt. Sometimes, he forgot to be gentle, wanting to hide Yesung in a safe place immediately. But Yesung could understand. That night, like Kyuhyun, he felt the guilt, and the dirty acts he had committed gnawing at his conscience. But he so desperately wanted to protect the sleeping maknae he pushed aside all emotions and killed. Although everything was going fine originally, the noise had attracted more, and just before capitulating, Kyuhyun came to his rescue, his eyes as cold as death itself, and took care of them with nothing but a crooked metal pipe. He had then dragged Yesung away, forcefully holding on to that baby hand. They had walked all night, Kyuhyun not saying a single word, until he judge a place far and safe enough to rest.

They sat on the third floor of an empty building. Nothing showed traces of those things having been there. As Kyuhyun patrolled the perimeter, Yesung threw a glance at the papers on the desk.

"Kyuhyun..." He said in a shushed voice. "Don't you even think about it..."

But it was too late. The maknae had opened up one the of large cupboards and carefully picked his weapon. They had found their way in the Gun Registry Office, and to make matters worse, they were on the floor with the confiscated weapons.

"Kyuhyun, don't be unreasonable. You've never used a gun before."

He picked on, a large sniper rifle, and examined it closely. "Can't be that hard."

Yesung sighed. "I understand the metal pipe, the sword, but a gun? You'll just make more noise."

A gun was a killing machine. It was one thing to use a blunt object, but to use a gun, a machine designed to kill, was a whole other level. It would mean that Kyuhyun had really intended to kill. Yesung didn't want to allow that.

"Hyung, pick one."

"No. Kyuhyun, be reasonable..."


Using that weapon would mean he would fall to the same level as those who murdered, those who killed for the sheer thrill it provided. Yesung had accepted the fact that they needed to fight in order to survive, but he would not accept the use of weapons created to kill. Those things were human at one point, they didn't deserve to end that way.
 

"Hyung, you be reasonable. We barely escaped. Do you really not understand? Hyung, I'm tired, I'm getting clumsy, I'm getting slower. We can't afford that." Kyuhyun declared, looking out the window.
 

Yesung felt selfish. He didn't want his maknae to lose that last bit of innocence. It was him that wished for Kyuhyun to keep that pure status, that innocence he once possessed. But to what price? To the price if death? To the price of being turned into one the creatures?

Kyuhyun picked up a smaller gun and extra cartridges. He placed it in his jacket pocket, making sure the safety was on. He could perfectly understand his hyung's convictions. A gun was to kill, and Kyuhyun himself did honestly not want to, but he had no choice. He hadn't slept more than a few hours in days. A gun was not only a tool for killing, but also for protecting himself and his hyung. And for him, he would do anything. Yesung was that light in the darkness. Kyuhyun had been blindly following Yesung, figuratively speaking of course, and taking every step to protect him. A gun was just an aid, a way for Yesung to keep himself safe until Kyuhyun had enough strength to do so.

There was a ruffling of papers and a low moan. Kyuhyun froze up and glanced around the room. A group of perhaps ten zombies were slowly creeping toward them. As if it weren't enough, others were slowly flooding the room.

"Shoot the legs!" Kyuhyun hissed, before shoving a gun in his hands and beginning to perform his dirty work.
They moved back, until their backs were pressed against the window.

So this is the end." Yesung whispered. There were no escapes. Not even Kyuhyun could save him this time. They were surrounded. He felt shame. Had he not argued with Kyuhyun om the gun topic, they could've had precious seconds to escape. To think of a plan. But instead, he had wasted time and they were going to die because of it.

In milliseconds following his comments, he found himself falling from the third floor. Kyuhyun had shot a window across the room to provide a distraction, smashed the window, before wrapping his arms around his hyung's frail shoulders and had jumped through the window.

They landed in a garbage dumpster. Whether Kyuhyun had planned it or it was sheer luck, it broke the fall and served its purpose. Yesung dragged Kyuhyun out of the dumpster and walking running away. It took a few seconds to realize something was wrong with the maknae. They they had landed, Kyuhyun had made sure to be under Yesung so he wouldn't get hurt. But the fall was too hard and Kyuhyun had hit his head. When Yesung dragged him out of the dumpster, he was barely conscious. By the time he collapsed to the ground, Yesung was a few meters ahead.

He saw a creature approach, but his body simply refused to respond. He wanted to scream, but his voice was locked away.

 

This was the end of him.
 


But at the last second, Yesung realized the tall maknae wasn't following him. He turned around and saw. He saw the creature looming over the maknae. Had he been bitten? Why was he on the ground? Why had he not moved?


Then it all clicked. Kyuhyun had pushed himself too far to protect him. The maknae had sacrificed himself, body and soul, to save him. He was going to die because of him. He was going to be turned into a creature because of him.  Would he have a reason to live once his maknae was gone? After all, the maknae was the sole reason why he was still alive. He had saved him from those things countless times, but he had also provided emotional support when Yesung first dirtied his hands. He remembered every detail of it. How he had been dragged across the city, and then pulled into the a warm hug. His tears immediately began to flow and he buried his face in the crook of the maknae's neck. Kyuhyun had his back until the sobs stopped and Yesung fell asleep with a peaceful smile on his face. Whenever he was scared, Kyuhyun would sense it, intertwine those small fingers with his, and run his thumb on the back of the small hands. At night when he couldn't sleep, Kyuhyun would cradle him in his arms and hum a soft song until he fell into a peaceful slumber. What would he do when the maknae wouldn't be there anymore? Was it too late? Would he have the strength to kill the maknae once changed?

Kyuhyun didn't deserve that. After all he had done for him, he didn't deserve to become one of those things.



And with shaky hands, Yesung raised the gun, and pulled the trigger.

 


A/N

Aah! I did it again! I'm sorry! But I killed Kyuhyun this time! (or did I?)

And I managed to post it in a reasonable delay! (I should really be working on my essay right now)

Please comment and subscribe, and maybe Kyuhyun will be saved! (kekeke)

(I'm enjoying torturing my characters far too much... I somehow feel evil)