Final

Valentine's Café: Officially Open

It was 10am, and Valentine's Café had offcially opened after weeks of renovation and decorating.

"Welcome to Valentine's Café!" the young lady chirped as she turned around to her first customer, a large smile adorning her face.

He was a good-looking young man, which was definitely not expected. Jaeyoung had always expected her first customer to be a young girl or a couple, but it turned out to be a guy, and she was perfectly fine with it.

He smiled back at her, and in that instant, without knowing it, the two young people fell for each other.

"How can I help you sir?" she asked, tilting her head. "I would like to try some of this, and this." he replied, pointing to the beautifully decorated cakes behind the display counter. He had picked Jaeyoung's specialities, the Red Velvet and the Dark Chocolate cakes. She somehow managed to bake chocolate cakes very well, and he loves chocolate, especially in cake form.

Once he sat down, his eyes carefully scanned the area around him, and he noticed the café had a warm, homey feeling, as well as it being couple-themed. He chuckled, before admiring the beautiful decorations that were put up.

When she served him his cake, his eyes lit up and he immediately took a mouthful of the sweet treat. He smiled and nodded, showing how much he liked it. The girl smiled and sat down opposite him. "Well, you're my first customer, so it's on the house for you!" she chuckled.

"Well hi, my name's Jaeyoung, and I've just graduated from culinary school. I own this place. So what's your name?"

He smiled back in gratitude. "Hoya here. You don't have any other customers yet?" Upon seeing the girl shake her head, he responded, "That's a pity, these cakes are the best I've tasted." Seeing her laugh made his heart race, and he was shocked by this feeling. He thought that after his last relationship, which ended in disaster, he would never fall in love again.

He was utterly wrong, and he knew he was. He had started to realise these small feelings for the girl in front of him.

Everything seemed to captivate him, and he was well under her spell. He didn't care about what he thought previously, he was prepared to throw away the pride he had formed over time for her.

She on the other hand, had not expected to fall for the charms of her first customer. His laugh and his smile gave her goosebumps, and she started to realise her feelings for him as well.

Pushing these thoughts away, the two began conversing, and this lead to a deeper friendship between them, but neither of them knew the other wanted to be just more than friends.

Once he finished his cake, he asked her politely, "Could I have the bill please? I'd like to pay by credit card."

She nodded and left to fetch the bill for him. She didn't know what he was planning to do.

He had secretly folded a small piece of paper that happened to be in his wallet at the right time, and he put it in his palm, taking extra care not to crush it.

She returned with the bill and after the young man took painfully long to sign it, she went back to the counter to register the information.

After he signed it and was returned his card, he left shortly.

The girl looked at the receipt once again, and she noticed a small piece of paper tucked inside one of the compartments.

She unfolded it, curious as to what Hoya could have wrote inside.

Once she saw it, she chuckled. "Oh Hoya."

And she picked up her phone to register the number before texting it.

During the next few days, Hoya visited the café everyday. Not to mention, as the café's popularity rose, the bond between the two young people deepened. he eventually got the courage to ask her out, and the two were inseperable.

Inspired by their own love story, they helped other young single people find suitable partners and true love.

Who knew that in the future the café would be the setting for so much love?

Those stories will be for another day, when one needs to be inspired by love.

Do visit the café in the future, and maybe you yourself will find true love.