Like A Fool

BEG/2AM Songfics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For lostdream

  I don't believe this is the most popular set of English translations, but I prefer this set, and I think it makes more sense. Song lyrics are in italics, and I believe there will be mistakes because I did this on the tablet. Written entirely from Ga In's point of view, as requested. I don't think there was once i changed point of view at all. Though I don't know why lostdream wants it from Ga In's point of view.   

---

And like a fool, I just had no clue

And like a fool, I just didn’t give our love a chance   "You know I normally take your side, but this time I just can't. Stop pushing him away, please. He loves you."  "Onscreen that is, off screen he treats me like a noona."  "He loves you, onscreen and off. Why can't you get it, Son Ga In?"    And like a fool, the tears in my heart just can’t stop   "Really! I thought you were supposed to be the y maknae of Brown Eyed Girls? Why're you acting all conservative now, aren't you the one who did the steamy 'Bloom' MV?"  "I think you've had a drop too much."  "I'm perfectly sober. And you can't be here just to drink, I'm a good lover, you know?"  Flinging his straying arm off her shoulder, I set the glass down forcefully and bolted for the exit. He wasn't the same respectable businessman that demonstrated interest a few weeks ago. They were all the same.    And now, only now do I know That you are the only one I’ve ever loved   "Seulong hyung said that some ahjussi businessman tried to hook up with you some time ago."  "I just don't get it. I really don't. Why do I keep attracting this kind of people?"  "Because noona's very attractive." "Why won't they see that I'm not a loose woman? Why do the people I like never cast me a second glance and people that I don't cast me far too many?"  "I'll always be here for you noona...though I guess I fall into the latter category."  Kwon mumbled under his breath, but I heard him perfectly well. Thanks Kwon, you're really the best.        My eyes keep searching for the one   The inevitable happened, my unnies found love, one after another, and got married. Leaving their poor maknae of six years behind. More alone than ever, desperate to find someone.   And my heart aches when I see you But somehow, I just brushed it aside   Kwon comes up from behind, holding a plate of grilled salmon.  "Noona, do you want some?" It's happiness marred by a dull pain, which clouds my thoughts. It must be the effect of the wine and the late night practice yesterday.  "Thanks Kwon-ah." I take two slices but he doesn't make an attempt to move, "I'm going to get more wine."    I thought that it was best to be alone and hide   I don't actually go back to join Kwon.        And like a fool, I just had no clue And like a fool, I just didn’t give our love a chance   "Come noona, I'll take you back home. You're drunk again!"  "I'm fine! Why don't you go take care of your girlfriend instead?"  "Coming from you noona, seriously. I would love to take care of my girlfriend, I'll send her back every time she gets drunk. No, I'll just give you no reason to be drunk."  "Don't talk rubbish, Kwonnie! We're not on screen now..."    And like a fool, the tears in my heart just can’t stop   I woke up with a start. Another series of horrible nightmares that just fluidly moved from one event to the next. Taunted by sick ahjussis. Verbally abused by antis. Betrayed by people I trusted. I need a coffee.    And now, only now do I know That you are the only one I’ve ever loved   New Year's Eve. My unnies and their families are over at my place to celebrate. Of course, clean fun, no excessive drinking or dirty jokes, because now they're children around. The children are engrossed in watching the MBC Gayo Daejun, clapping and singing along--while they're not stuffing their mouths with food that is. I secretly think that they sing better than some idols, but of course, I refrain from verbalizing that.        I keep walking this endless path And I just don’t know what to do   "So, Ga In, where do you see yourself five years from now?"  "Still singing. And hopefully singing songs that don't need me to dance to get attention." "You don't like to dance? But you dance well!" 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter