Chapter 1

Coming Back to You

 

   
 
 
 

 

  Jay Park POV 
 
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON  15 YEARS AGO
 
                         
" Jay" I heard my name being called. I chuckled and kept hiding behind the tree. " Boo!" I jumped and looked at McKenzie. Her hair was curly black and pulled up in pig tails. She was wearing blue jeans and a pink shirt. 
" I got you Kenzie" I teased. She hit me. 
" Jay, I was scared. I couldn't find you" She said as she started to tear up. 
" Oh Kenzie..I" I said looking down. " I didn't mean to scare you" I said in my cute young Jay voice. She then started to laugh. 
" Haha, I got you back" She teased at me. I grumbled and shoved her. She shoved me back. We started laughing and chasing each other around. 
" Jay time to come in" I heard my mother should. I stopped and looked at my mother. I nodded at her. 
" Um okay"  
" McKenzie Jackson, you get your into this house" Kenzie's father shouted from the door. She looked at her dad and looked at me.  
" Bye Jay" She said giving me a hug. I hugged her back. She walked over to her dad he grabbed her by the back of her head and shoved her into the house. 
" I told you to stop hanging out with that asian kid" He snapped at her. I walked over into my house. My mother gave me a dirty look. 
" You are covered in dirt young man" She said " go take a bath" 
" But mom" I said to her. She shook her head. I agreed and walked into the bathroom. 
 
   Seattle, Washington 2009 
 
 
 "Let me start by saying that the way I
Feel for you has never once changed
And the games I played, mistakes I made
Leave me sorrier than you'll ever know
We got a problem baby I can't lie
Coz lately I realize that I
Never knew that we was on the same (playing field)
Knew that it was wrong but we (let it be)
And I know you never knew when you said "I do"
That you would have to face all the (pain you feel) " I cleared my throat and looked at Junior. " Did you get it?" I asked him.
 " We might have to redo it later. He said fiddling with his camera. 
" Good can I take a break now?" I asked him. He looked at me and smiled. 
" Yea go play with your girl" I smiled and then ran past him and cocked my head at him. I grabbed my mp3 player off my cabinet desk. I grabbed the earphones and placed them in my ear. I started listening to Bedrock by lil Wayne. I was jamming it when I went into the living room. Kenzie, who was now rocking jeans and a tee shirt was playing a video game with Chase. She jumped up in victory as she beat him at game. She did a little victory dance. He groaned and the looked up at me. 
" You girl" He said. 
" Stop being jelly" She tease at him. 
" Hey, girl, is it my time to play the winner" I said grabbing Chase's controller. Chase looked at me. 
" Better watch the cheater" He said looking up at Kenzie. She stuck her tongue at him. 
" You just sorry you ain't as good as me" She shook her head at me. 
 
 
 Seoul, Korea 2012 
 
" If alcohol makes you an alcoholic then.." I said looking into the camera Junior was holding " Then Fanta makes you Fantastic" I started laughing hard. Junior shut off the camera and I placed our stuff on the counter and reached into my pocket to pull out my cash. I pulled out the money, and a picture fell out of my wallet. I bent down to pick it up. It was a picture of Kenzie. I thought about it. I hadn't seen or heard from Kenzie since I was picked up after coming back to Korea. I wondered then what was she up to now. 
 

Thanks for subscribing and don't forget to comment.