Hello? Hello!

Hello Hello Moshi Moshi

Those people who are in long distance relationships are usually known as the most careful. But there are days when they become a little too careful to actually do something right. And maybe two people will learn that the hard way. 

It all starts with a busy office worker, Choi Sooyoung who lives and works in Seoul, South Korea. For her, life revolves around food, work, friends, and of course, love. But that doesn't mean everything is easy for her. Being in a 2-year relationship and keeping it stable is hard enough, how much more when her boyfriend is working in Japan. It's always hard everyday but being the cheerful and optimistic girl she is, she gets through it everyday without any worry.

Lee Jonghyun is the name of the lucky man who happens to be Sooyoung's boyfriend. A known musician in the streets of Tokyo, he seems to be the calm and collected guy who doesn't give a damn about this world but when it comes to his girlfriend of two years, he can become as hectic as a wild antelope chasing a cheetah who stole it's baby trying to protect it. Nevertheless, his eyes are laid on and only to her. A complete opposite of himself but captured his heart nonetheless.

The two would contact each other almost everyday and would talk for hours depriving both of them of sleep but they still look forward to each new day because of each other's motivation. True that they maybe a country away seperated but that doesn't stop both of them from trying to love each other more and that's when an unexpected clash will occur.

Two days before their 2nd anniversary, both planned quite a trip that may or not may not be of regrets. 

Seoul:

"Ah Sooyoung Unnie! Will you take a week long break from work?" asked Seohyun, the quite intelligent and caring officemate. Sooyoung pouted at her and stopped fixing papers before giving an answer. "Well, I think so. I mean, it's gonna be our 2 year anniversary. Don't I have to make it special?" she smiled at the younger one who seems to be quite confused of her answer. Sooyoung just continued fiinishing her papers until each and every bit of it was done. Then surprisingly for Seohyun, Sooyoung dragged her out of the office almost immediately. "Where are we going Unnie?" the innocent one asked. "I need to tell you a secret. Let's go to my place for awhile." she answered before reaching her car and both of them drove off. 

It wasn't long when the two girls arrived. They quickly went into Sooyoung's condo which happened to be quite a mess at that time. "Oh unnie... and I thought you were all okay here." Seohyun sighed before picking up some things and organizing them. Sooyoung scratched the back of her head before helping out. "I'm sorry Seobaby, it's just that I was kinda busy for the past week." 

After cleaning and tidying up, the two sat down on the warm sofa before finally getting to talk. "So what were you going to say?" Seohyun asked with an arched eyebrow clearly showing she was very curious as to what her unnie will do or say. Sooyoung leaned closer to her ears before whispering something. "I'm going to Tokyo." 

Seohyun's eyes quickly became wide and a big "O" was formed by . She knew exactly why Sooyoung was going and who she's going to go with. "I'm going to surprise Jonghyun for our 2nd anniversary by going there. He would surely be surprised!" Sooyoung said with excitement while Seohyun was "spazzing" along with her. "Oh my gosh! I'll be so happy for you! Have you decided when you'll leave?" Seohyun asked. Before answering, Sooyoung put her index finger on her chin and was in some kind of thinking position. "Tomorrow night." she says after a few seconds.

"Really? Tomorrow night already?" the other girl asked. "Yup. And I have quite the plan that won't make him suspicious of what I'll do." Sooyoung said while smirking. "What's that plan?" Soehyun asked, curious again of what's going on in the older girl's head.

"I won't answer his calls nor will I call him until I arrive in Tokyo." 

Meanwhile in the heart of Tokyo:

Jonghyun was just staring out blankly outside his condo glass windows. His guitar was just on the couch, feeling lazy to play, he just got out a cola and drank with thoughts in mind. Without him noticing, his best friend, fellow band-mate Yonghwa came inside and sat down beside him. "So, tell me what's on your mind that keeps you stressed?" Yonghwa asked directly. 

The younger boy sighed before looking up at him. Jonghyun was about to say something before Yonghwa spoke again. "You miss Sooyoung already do you?" he said with a smirk and apparently even though it was already night time, he could sure imagine Jonghyun having a lil' blush on on his cheeks. "Hyung, what would you do?" Jonghyun finally spoke. 

Yonghwa smirked once more. "I think you should surprise her." The younger one raised an eyebrow up at the other's advice. "Surprise? how?" He asked. But instead of giving a proper answer, Yonghwa took Jonghyun's cellphone and gave it to him before going outside. Jonghyun was just weirded out by his hyung's action but nevertheless, his mind didn't stop from thinking.

He look back and back to his cellphone from time to time. It was almost 12:00 in the evening when he decides to finally do something. He got his cellphone, and dialed Sooyoung's number. Pacing back and forth, he waited patiently until he would hear his girlfriend's lively voice on the other end. After several rings, it seems that no one answered it. 

"Number is not attended or is out of service." the phoneline repeated over and over again. Jonghyun sighed before trying again. This time, he was getting a little bit impatient with this. Usually Sooyoung would answer about after 3 to 5 rings but she doesn't really miss a call especially one from him. Again, to his frustration, she still didn't pick up. "Ugh Choi Sooyoung where are you?" He thought out loud. 

After thinking again for about a few minutes, he realizes how late he was calling. "Oh. Maybe she's just asleep." He tried to convince himself. To get off some worrying thoughts, he opened his laptop and went to an airline site to buy tickets. When finished processing, he sat back down on his sofa and smiled. "Choi Sooyoung, you're gonna get the biggest surprise of your life." he said outloud before closing his eyes to go to sleep. 

Back in Seoul: 

Sooyoung woke up quite early. She had a long day of packing up before leaving for Tokyo but before she got out of her bed, she got cellphone. When she checked it, it said "5 MISSED CALLS fr: Jonghyunnie♥". A smirk just came upon her face remembering what she was supposed to do. After getting ready, she quickly called Seohyun to accompany her for a little bit of last-minute shopping before heading to the airport. 

When they were finished, Seohyun then drove Sooyoung to the airport. "Unnie, are you going to be alright?" she asked worried for the older girl whom she already considered a sister. Sooyoung smiled before giving a cheek kiss and ruffles her hair. "Of course! I have Jonghyun!" "Okay then, but if you need something, just call me okay?" Seohyun shouted at the girl who was now a little far away from her. Sooyoung just raised her right hand with a thumbs up. 

She entered the airport, checked-in, and was now waiting patiently at the gate. It was true that she kinda missed Jonghyun's voice so she decided to call him anways but just won't mention that she was at the airport. She took out her cellphone and dialed his number. One of the many things that Sooyoung loves about Jonghyun is that he answers her calls almost immediately that sometimes even catch her not ready. 

But this time, seems like it wasn't a normal call. Sooyoung waited and waited but all she gets is "Phone is unnattended. Please call later.Beep Beep." She eventually gave up and sighed. "Hm... I wonder what's he doing." she thought before standing up and boarding the plane. 

In Tokyo:

Yonghwa drove as fast as he could through the heavy traffic of the city of Tokyo. "Hyung! Slow down!" Jonghyun almost shouted at the suspense of how fast and life-threatening Yonghwa's speed was. "Sorry there. But hey! You're gonna be late for your flight!" he snapped back. "Yeah I am going to be late but at least it's better than losing my life. Better late than never hyung!" Jonghyun scolded. 

Sighing, Yonghwa was defeated and decreased his speed. But fortunately, the traffic lessened and they somehow managed to get there on time. "See Hyung. No need to rush." Jonghyun smirked before getting out of the car and get his lugguage. Yonghwa rolled his eyes before going out to help the other boy. "So when are you coming back?" Yonghwa asked. Jonghyun glanced at him before looking back and checking his lugguage. "I don't know Hyung. Who knows? Maybe never? Or maybe when I have a child, or-"

"I'm just kidding, take as long as you want there." Yonghwa cut Jonghyun before giving him a manly hug. They parted and Jonghyun finally entered the airport. He had his guitar with him as always. After checking-in, he sat down at his gate and just waited. While doing so, he got out to check his cellphone and was surprised to see "4 MISSED CALLS fr: Ddooyoungie♥". 

He just smiled at the thought how he somehow unintentionally managed to get a little payback from last night. So he dialed her number again, more confident this time. But same as last night, it was quite disappointing. "Cannot be reached. Cannot be reached. Beep. Beep." The annoying phoneline repeated and repeated that it got so annoying to him that he just shut it off. "Gosh Sooyoung, where are you?" he thought. Then a few minutes later, he boarded the plane back to his home.

Seoul Incheon Airport:

"Flight 515 from Narita Terminal has landed in Seoul. Enjoy your stay." Jonghyun exited the plane freshly as he breathed in air. "Ahh its great to be home." he said outloud. After getting his lugguage, he just waited at the waiting area for passengers to be fetched from the airport. This time, instead of calling, he just texted Sooyoung.

"Sooyoungie! Please come over and fetch me!!! I'm back here in Seoul! Surprise!!! :) " 

Tokyo Narita Terminal:

"Flight 210 from Incheon Airport has finally arrived in Tokyo. Enjoy your stay." Sooyoung stepped out of the plane as she streched her arms. "It;s great visiting Tokyo again." she thought. She happily skipped about while getting her lugguages and since she was also fluent in Japanese, just like her boyfriend, she had no trouble at all. Sooyoung then just sat down at the waiting area for passengers who are going to be fetched. Instead of calling Jonghyun, she decided to text him.

"Jongjong! Guess who's in town!! Yup it's me! I'm here in Tokyo! I hope you're surprised!"

*~.~*....

Both of them apparently sent and recieved their messages at the same time. To their shock, both of them were now calling each other. After a few minutes both of them were finally on the ends of their phone lines. "Sooyoung! You're... there in Tokyo?!" Jonghyun almost shouted at the phone, stuttering. Sooyoung was also really speechless. "Y-yes I am! You??" she asked. "Seoul! gosh how did this happen..." he answered while facepalming. The girl also out her palm to her face to clearly show how stupid and careless both of them was. 

"Okay Fine, I'll be the one to go back there." Sooyoung said while sighing. Jonghyun also sighed. "Well, Seoul is our home. Come on, I'll be waiting for you here." he told her. Sooyoung just smiled because she knew him too well. He was always patient with her, understanding and caring. Maybe both of them were just a little tired for this circumstance to happen. "Yeah. I'll see you there." she hung up and quickly bought a ticket back home. 

Jonghyun just stayed there in the waiting area. He took out a small box from his bag and smiled at it. He knew that, even though Sooyoung was busy]ier with office work than he was busy performing, she still has the time for him. She takes care of him and is always giving out a cheerful and bright ambiance when they are together. And he wants to be together with her for a long time to come. 

~*^.,.~^*~

It wasn't that quite a very long wait but Sooyoung finally arrived again back in Seoul.Her body was a bit wobbly because honestly, she wasn't really good with air motion that much. She tried her best to quickly get to where Jonghyun was. When Jonghyun finally saw Sooyoung come out, he rushed towards her in just in time too before she fell from her wobbliness. 

"Woah there, are you alright?" He asked as he guided her to the chairs. "Alright? You think I'm still a fresh after 2 flights back and forth?" she snapped with a pout. Jonghyun just chuckled. "Fine, I'm sorry. But hey, it wasn't my fault why you weren't answering my calls. If you picked up I would've told you I'd be going home." He said.

Sooyoung just leaned her head onto his shoulders. "Really? I was going to surprise you there in Tokyo but it seems like I was also surprised... and that wasn't part of the plan. " she said while smiling. Jonghyun also couldn't help himself and just smiled too hearing her answer. "Well then... Can you handle another surprise?" he asked while facing her now.

The girl just title her head to the side. "What do you got there now?" she asked. Then slowly, Jonghyun took out the small box he was looking at earlier. He opened it and showed to Sooyoung a beautiful ring with a small diamond.

"Choi Sooyoung, may I marry you?" he asked with his eyes glowing. Sooyoung just sat there dumbfounded. She looked back and forth from the ring to Jonghyun before giving him a big hug. "Of course!!! Of course!! Yes!!!!" She kept repeating outloud. Jonghyun hugged her back tightly and even lifted her up the floor for a few seconds. 

Before saying anything more, their lips met and fireworks flew. Both of them finally learned the hardway of being careful in a long distance relationship. And hey, you can't just ignore your love's phone call right? 

~FIN~

Author's Note: My first ever Sooyoung x  Lee Jonghyun fanfiction is now finished! Thank You for waiting for this story patiently and I hope you like this! To be honest really, I want to see these two in a drama together. It would be so good I just know it hehe <3