Do You even Love Me?

Do I Even Mean Anything To You?

Lay blinked back the tears. He was cuddled on the floor in the corner. Kris wasn't back from work yet. So he was still safe, safe from the tortures. 

Yes, he was living with Kris. But he didn't know what their current relationship is right now. When they first met, Kris was so loving, so gentle. But now, Kris was rough and impatient and rude. Everytime he did something wrong, he was beaten up. Even for the smallest things. 

His insticts told him to run, but he didn't. He couldn't. He can't leave Kris. 

Why?

Because the stupid and helpless boy was in love with Kris. Yes, even though Kris tortured him with any punishment he could come up with, Lay took it with an open heart. Why? Because he loved him. 

But right now, Lay didn't think the slightest feeling of love. Because he heard the door click. It means Kris was back. Lay quickly stood up, wiped off the tears with his oversized sweater and went to the living room to greet his lover. 

"Kris, I..." His voice died down when he saw Kris with another man. Kissing, the other man to be exact. Kris broke the kiss and looked at Lay in disgust. 

"What are you doing here? Go hang out on the balcony or whatever." Kris said, clearly annoyed. The other man blinked. 

"Gege, who is this?" He asked innocently. Kris face the boy, the cold stare immediately replaced with a soft and gentle one. 

"No one, Tao. He's just the one who cleans up here." He said and shrugged. The black haired boy nodded. Kris lifted the boy in bridal style gently as he walked towards his shared room with Yixing. Yixing could just stared at them in shock. He felt his eyes get hot as tears streamed down. His heart was stabbed. His hopes shattered. 

Lay ran to the rooftop. The only place he could think. When he reached there, he finally broke down into sobs. He leaned on the walls of the rooftop, slowly sinking in into sobs. Only the cold wind greeted him, told him it was okay. Only the stars said that they were his friends. Only the moon was kind enough to shine light in his dark world. Lay looked up, the wind blowing his tears dry. Lay looked up at the moon.

"How I wish I was you.." he whispered. "Loved by everyone. Depended on by everyone. Cared by everyone..." His fingers traveled up as if it could touch the moon. "Not to be hurt by anyone..." He said in a broken and strangled whisper. His eyes produced more tears. He smiled through his tears. "At least I still have Kris. At least I still have him, right?" He asked the stars, the moon and the wind. The wind whistled in response, the stars twinkled in agreement as the moon smiled on him.

Lay sat on the ledge, letting his feet dangle 40 storeys above. As the wind blew, the wound on his arm stinged. He grunted. He rolled up his bloody and tattered sweater to look at the wound correctly.

If he was not wrong, Kris gave that wound yesterday by hitting him with a beer bottle. The wind hit it again, making Lay hiss in pain. As if the wind understands, it blew softer, much more comforting. Lay felt a few more tears cascade from his eyes.

Silently I cried, 
Everything I have has reached the end of a cliff,
It was dangerous... 

In a world that is raining,
I walk without an umbrella,
Just following your eyes,
Those eyes...

Somebody take me away, 
Somebody take me away...
Somebody take me away...
Somebody take me away, 
Cause I can't take this pain...

It feels so right,
My shaking heart is raising me up,
In a world full of darkness,
I ran without any fears,
Following your eyes,
those eyes...

Even if the world turns its back on me
and disown me,
Now I am not afraid...

 

Lay stopped singing. His heart felt too heavy to sing the next words. 

"Kris, what happened to you?" Lay asked as tears yet again free fall from his eyes. "What made you hate me? Hate me so much?" Lay asked. He tried to stiffen the sobs, but it didnt work. 

 

...because I know you are by my side,
I'd know exactly what you say...

Somebody take me away...
Somebody take me away...
Somebody take me away...
Somebody take me away,
Cause I can't take this pain...

 

Lay finished singing. He looked up at the shining moon, tears still streaming down. 

"Somebody please take me away..."

-.-

Kris woke up, finding Tao was gone. He didn't really care, though. He knew that boy was always busy. But he didn't also see Lay. Lay wasn't at his feet, waiting for orders. 

"Lay?" The older croaked. No response. Kris shrugged. Like he even cared. He didn't even knew why he fell for this Lay at the first time. Love at first sight crap. Now Lay was just a parasit to him, just a burden to him. 

But a part of him still worried about where Lay was. up his dhuizhang pride, he walked over to the balcony. No, Lay isn't here. He went through the whole apartment. Still no Lay. Lay couldn't have run. All his belongings are still with him. Kris decided to check on the rooftop. 

"Lay?" He said when he saw a body at the ledge. He saw a blurry of brown hair. "Yah! ! Come here this instant!" Kris barked. Lay didn't stir. Kris started to panic. He ran over to the ledge. He saw Lay, passed out from the cold. There was a message beside him, written in blood. Probably his own blood.

Do you even love me anymore, Kris? Do I even mean anything to you?

The message struck Kris's heart. He looked at the poor boy's face. It was pale and and his lips are blue. Kris was starting to regret his actions. He saw another message on Lay's arm. The boy had cut himself last night to write the bloody message, and the scar remains, forming a sentence along his arm. 

Do I even mean anything to you?

Kris was able to figure out the scar through the dirt and dried blood. Kris gently lifted the boy and brought him downstairs, back to their heated apartment. Kris gently placed the shivering boy on the mattress and pulling the comferter on him. He grabbed a stool and sat next to the boy. He gently the younger's hair, something that he has not done in a long time. 

"I'm sorry..." Those words slipped his throat. Now he realized how he missed the boy. 

He missed his laugh.

He missed his comfort and voice.

He missed his warmth. 

And most of all, he misses his smile. The genuine, dimpled smile. He suddenly missed it. 

-.-

Lay woke up, eventually. He saw Kris looking at him. He squeaked as he scrambled off the bed, tripping in the tangled bed sheets in the process and landing on his pained back. 

"Kris! Oh no! It's already 11! I'll make you breakfast! Just don't hit me!" Lay said as he used his fragile hands to shield him from Kris's wrath. Instead of a hard beating, he felt a pair of hands on his neck and knee, hoisting him up and onto someone's lap. 

He, Zhang Yixing, was on Kris's lap, and Kris wasn't angry! Kris was his back soothingly. Lay started to get uncomfertable, and tried to squrim out of Kris's grasp. 

"Don't move. You'll just hurt youself even more."Kris said softly. Lay stopped moving. 

"K-Kris... what is happening?" Lay timidly asked. Kris burried his face in the younger's hair. 

"I'm sorry." His voice said and he kissed Lay's head. Lay was surprised.

"Kris, are you..." he hessiated for a while. "...a-are you serious?" Kris chuckled as a hand traced his thumb lovingly on Lay's tear, bloody and stained cheeks. He bent down and kissed Lay's temples, and then his cheeks. 

"I'm so sorry. I never knew I went this far, and.." He paused. "I never knew I made you do all this.." he said as he traced the ugly scar on Lay's arm. " I am so sorry.."

"Kris, I-"

"You mean the world to me. The world. I was foolish to ignore it. I regret it. I regret all of it. I feel burdened seeing you hurt. And what makes me more sad, you are hurt because of me. Both your body and your feelings. I am so terribly sorry. I'm sorry, Zhang Yixing. I love you, Lay. Please forgive me..." Kris ended with a tear slipping down his cheek. Lay looked at him in shock. 

"Kris, I.." he bit his blue lips. "..I would always forgive you. I was never mad.  Never mad." Lay said shyly. Kris kissed his cheeks. 

"Why do you accept me and forgive me so easily? After all those years of torture and suffering.."

"Because, I love you."

"I love you Zhang Yixing. You mean the world to me."

-.-

Surprise surprise! This thing is finally finished. 

And FYI, the lyrics are UKISS Take Me Away

I posted the translated ones. 

AND PLEASE DONT BE DISSAPOINTED! I KNOW YOU GUYS DEPEND ON ME SO MUCH FOR THIS FIC. I AM SORRY IF I DISSAPOINTED YOU GUYS!

This is my best angst shoot. 

I hope you like it ^^