The One-Day Date

A One-Day Date

 

‘Ga hee!!! Look at this!!!’ Ji Eun running towards her with a magazine in her hand.
‘What? Can’t you see I’m busy?’ Ga hee said obviously irritated.
‘With what? Food? This is WAY important than your food. Look at this!’ Ji Eun showed her the front cover of Teens On Top magazine.
‘My-my-my…..MY RICKY!!!!! What is he doing there with the famous girl, Hyomin?! Dating?! No way! I disagree! How can I let my boyfriend go out with my most favourited girl in K-pop?! This has got to be a joke!’ Ga hee broke down into tears. Her burger was wet. Disgusting.
‘Don’t cry. We, commoners, can’t do anything about these idols. We can just wish them happiness.’ Ji Eun comforted her. Ga hee was crying her eyes out for 3 whole hours.

The next day…
‘Are you okay? Your eyes are red. Did you sleep?’ Ji Eun asked worriedly combing her long straight hair.
Ga hee shook her head, emotionless.
‘Then? Oh no…. no way… you cried for the whole night?!’ Ji Eun shouted. Luckily, no one was in the house. If not, they’ll be in deep trouble.
Ga hee nodded her head.
‘This can’t be! Hmm… ok. Let’s try this….’ Ji Eun then started taking out her cosmetics set from who knows where.

2 hours later…
‘There you go! You look stunning!’ Ji Eun exclaimed.
‘Hmm?’ Ga hee opened her eyes to look at herself in the mirror.
‘WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!’ Ga hee shouted at the top of her lungs.
‘Relax. You’re way prettier than Hyomin. Look!’Ji Eun said, proud of her skills.
‘You already made me look like her!!! I’m her already! Why did you makeover me into Hyomin?! it’s breaking my heart!’ Ga hee sobbed.
‘That is exactly the reason. You can do whatever to ‘hyomin’ now. Just let your anger out.’ Ji Eun said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Hmm…. I look exactly like Hyomin after she make over-ed me. Haiz.. Eh? Wow. I sometimes envy Hyomin for being beautiful and being my ex-boyfriend’s girlfriend. Ricky is handsome, cool, cute, clever, playful. Just the type of guy I want. Hyomin is beautiful, pretty, clever, and everything that a guy wants. They somehow match. Is this what they call, A match made in heaven? I guess so. Even their pictures were taken and printed into an advertisement outside the shopping mall. I’m heart-broken.* Ga hee talked in her mind.
Ga hee was leaning her head at the big advertisement. Surprisingly, no one recognized ‘Hyomin’. until…

‘Psh! Psh!’ Someone called Ga hee to come nearer.
‘Huh? Me?’ Ga hee went nearer to the car being the naïve one.

In a blink of an eye, the door of the car opened and Ga hee was pulled in by force. The door closes and it sped up to somewhere.

‘I-I-I didn’t bring any money with me! You can take my branded Gucci watch on my hand! Take it but please spare me!’ Ga hee just look down afraid of the person.
‘What? What are you talking about? Why are you even standing there? What if someone recognizes you?’ The person said.
‘Huh?’ Ga hee looked up and saw…… RICKY?! IN A SUIT?!

*Oh my Jesus Christ. Why are he, Ricky of boy-band Teen Top, here? I had got to be dreaming!* Ga hee slapped herself hard.

‘Hyomin? what are you doing? That’s so not you.’ Ricky chuckled.

*Huh? Wait, what?! Oh yeah…Ricky was so cute! Wait! Hyomin?! Oh My God! I forgot! I was make over as Hyomin! Oh God. I need to tell him!* Ga hee told herself.

‘Err…’ Ga hee was interrupted.
‘Look! You even made a schedule for our date today!’ Ricky showed ‘Hyomin’ the list.
‘Err…. Yeah? Umm… actually, you got the wrong gir—‘ Ga hee was interrupted again.
‘Oh there it is! C’mon!’ Ricky opened the door for ‘Hyomin’.
‘Th-thanks.’ Ga hee politely bowed to Ricky. As she turned her head in front…

*Oh My Christine Dior! This is so expensive!!! I don’t even dare to step inside!* Ga hee’s jaw dropped to the ground.
`````````````
‘Good evening, Ricky-ssi.’ The staff welcomed him. Ricky smiled.
*That was just simply cute!* Ga hee admired Ricky.
‘I want a dress that can fit her.’ Ricky pointed to Ga hee/ Hyomin.
‘HUH?! WHAT?! No, no wait. Hey, watch where you’re touching! Huh? No. wait. What are you doing?! Noo!!’ Ga hee shouted.

15 mins later…

‘Err… How-how does this look?’ Ga hee asked, red as a tomato.

The dress was slightly above her knee. The dress had laces around it. Pinkish, girly type. To finish up the touch, she wore a necklace with a white rose. She wore a high heels boots. It totally looks gorgeous on her.

‘Perfect. I’ll buy it.’ Ricky said as he handed the cashier his credit card.
‘Wait—‘ Ricky placed his fingers on Ga hee’s lips which made her blush madly.
‘I said I’ll pay for the date, didn’t I?’ Ricky smiled. 
‘Thanks.’ Ga hee said.

*I should cherish this time when I’m with him. Just for a while. I want to see him smile. Not for Ga hee but for Hyomin.*

‘Let’s go eat! I have the perfect place for us to eat.’ Ricky dragged Ga hee into the car.
````````````````````````
‘Woah. We’re eating…. On a cruise?!’ Ga hee looked at Ricky in amazement.

*Rich people is really rich. I learned one thing.* Ga hee said in her mind.

‘What are you waiting for? Let’s go in.’ Ricky pulled her wrist and into the cruise.
`````````
‘It’s really delicious! First time in my life have I ever tasted such marvelous food!’ Ga hee said while munching on her food.
‘Haha. Eat slowly. No one’s competing with you. You’re so cute.’ Ricky complimented her. Ga hee almost choked on her food.
‘What are we doing next?’ Ga hee asked.
‘Let’s go shopping, play the arcade. There’s only both of us on the boat. So nothing wrong.’ Ricky said.
‘Okay. Let’s go!’ Ga hee wiped the corners of with the tissue.
‘But what about you---‘ Ricky widened his eyes.
‘I finished it in a second just now.’ Ga hee scratch the back of her neck in embarrassment. 
`````````````
Ricky and Ga hee had tons of fun together. They played the arcade. Ga hee won almost every game they play. Ricky could not stop laughing at Ga hee who tripped. Ga hee kept on smiling like there’s no tomorrow. Even though she knew that it was for a short while, she still wants to keep this unforgettable memory : A date with Ricky.

Ricky and Ga hee took neo prints too! They did many funny poses. Even romantic poses! Ga hee could not help but stare at it. Ricky told Ga hee to keep the picture because he was embarrassed by his face in the picture. Such a cutie!

‘Ahh…. I never had so much fun in my life before. This is the first.’ Ricky said while staring at the ocean.
‘Haha. Everyday is a fun day for me. My friends always made me laugh.’ Ga hee said.

*And you’re the reason why I always smile.* Ga hee talked in her mind.

Both of them stared at the ocean quietly until the new prints from Ga hee’s hands was blown away. Being the stupid one, Ga hee tried to catch the neo print by climbing the rail of the ship. Unfortunately, Ga hee fell into the water. The hero, Ricky, jumped into the water to save Ga hee.

The workers on the ship helped them to get safely onto the ship. The worker handed Ga hee a towel to clen herself up.

‘You shouldn’t have done that. It was dangerous.’ Ricky said as he helped her dry her hair.
‘Eh? You’re not Hyomin?’ Ricky blurted out.
‘Huh? Oh my god! My wig! It probably fell into the water! Ah…. Great.’ Ga hee panicked.
‘No wonder, you didn’t behave like Hyomin. I thought I was kind of weird?’ Ricky said.
‘Ah. Sorry! I’m really sorry! I didn’t mean to! I tried to tell you but you didn’t listen. And I am a really big fan of yours! So I didn’t want to stop. Anyways, I am really sorry!’ Ga hee bowed 90 degrees.
‘It’s okay. We can take neo prints together next time if I’m free!’ Ricky said cutely.
‘Really?! Thank you! Ah! No wonder you’re my boyfriend!’ Ga hee accidentally said it out loud.
‘What did you say?’ Ricky asked.
‘Huh. Oh nothing. Hehe.’ Ga hee replied.
‘Hey, what’s your real name?’ Ricky asked, feeling much more comfortable than before.
‘Ga hee. Park Ga hee.’ Ga hee said.
‘That’s a nice name.’ Ricky complimented.

*This had to be the best day of my life! I had a date with Ricky! This only happens in fairy tales. I must have done something good in my past life. This is the story of my one-day date with my future boyfriend.*