Surprise

Mine

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

 

MANPREET

 

 

October 27

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANPREET HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” Preet looked up from the books she was reading in the coffee shop that she was to meet with her friends. The three were late and she was surprised since one of them was always early. But what she saw when she looked up shocked her. She blinked a few times to make sure she wasn’t imagining things.

 

“Zhang YiXing....” She mumbled and he smiled at her taking the seat in front of her and placing a cake in front of her. Even though he had a scarf and a hat on to make sure not many people would recognize him, she could pick him out easily. Especially since he was wearing the hat and scarf she had picked out for him for last year.

 

“I asked your friend if she could set up a meeting for me.” He said and she looked confused. “I’ve noticed you working at the studio for a while. And you have been to every one of our fan meetings but you always stay in the back.”  She nodded and put her book down. “When your friend told me you actually have been working for EXO for a while I felt that I needed to meet with you. I hope you don’t mind.” 

 

“Not at all.” She said and then looked at the cake. She smiled since there was an image of the BigBang symbol on it. “I would have thought that you would place your groups symbol on it.” she said and he smiled at her.

 

“I would have if I was the one to buy the cake. But your friends did.” He said and she blew the candles out. “Would you do me the honors as to be my date for your lunch party.” He said and she nodded. “Good. Since the girls have been glaring at me to hurry up.” He said pointing to the window. Preet looked up to see her friends and half of EXO. She laughed and packed up her things. He placed the cake back into its box and the two walked out of the cafe.

 

 

 

Lunch went by without any trouble, which was amazing since Preet always had a tendency of failing while she ate. The group had a traditional Korean birthday food. And also many vegan dishes. The guys actually eyed the none meat items but tried them anyway. Surprisingly they liked it. The girls talked about work and how the guys popularity was sky rocketing. It was entertaining since all the girls actually worked for SME as Coordinators and also back up dancers. And they worked with EXO the most. So having lunch with them was easy and fans never caused trouble for them. 

 

When lunch finished many of the girls had to go back to work since the guys had a concert later that evening. The guys urged Lay to keep Preet out of work, so she was taken to a park by the Han river. “Aren’t you busy today?” She asked as they sat on a bench having some dessert. 

 

“Not at all. Tory made sure I had the day off today. And I had all my appointments this morning.” He said and then smiled at the whipped cream on her face. “All I have is the concert later.” He then wiped the cream from her nose and cheek bones. She blushed and hung her head. 

 

“I always fail at eating with others around.” She said and he had to laugh. “Hey that’s not funny.”

 

“Actually I’m just as bad. I was lucky today that I didn’t spill anything while we ate earlier.” He said and then his cell beeped. “Anyway come on. I want to take you shopping first then we can head to the concert hall. 

 

 

Lay had taken her to get new clothes and then they went to a jewelry store. He had gotten a necklace similar to the one that always wore whenever the group traveled and also bracelets like his mother had gotten him. Preet was looking at the necklace he had gotten and was in awe at the color at the crystal at the end. When he placed it around her neck she gasped.

 

“YiXing it is too much.” She said and he shook his head and then also placed the bracelets on her. 

 

“It’s only right that the birthday girl gets a gift or two.” He said and she smiled. He then took her hand and they left the shop. When they got to the concert hall the girls were all changed as well. They all looked at her and smiled.

 

“Look at you. For once you aren’t in your work clothes.” Tory said as she took Preet away from YiXing.

 

“Come on hun. You’ll see him after the concert.” The girls said and she was curious who would be working on the guys since the other girls were with her.

 

“But...”

 

“The backup codies have taken over for the day.” The girls said and they went to the VIP seats.

 

“How did you guys score the these seats. They sold out with in ten minutes.” She said and all the girls looked at Tory.

 

“What? So I had them put about five tickets on hold for me.” Tory said and gave a mischievous smile. “Also YiXing had a hand in this as well.” The seats gave the girls the best view of EXO. Lay also took this to his advantage and the girls had to laugh at how hard Preet was blushing whenever he would let his stomach show or if he took his jacket off showing his arms off. He was also wearing the matching necklace as she was and the other codies noticed and about it to no end. At the end of the show the codies stayed in their seats and waited for the guys to come back. Lay jumped off the stage and landed in front of Preet.

 

“So did you like the show?” He asked and the girls laughed leaving the two alone as they went back stage. 

 

“It was interesting.” She said not being able to look up at him. “But you showed a lot more skin today then you usually do.” She mumbled.

 

“Of course I did. Because the person I wanted to show it to was watching.” He said and lifted her head. “Preet you know that I wouldn’t have done so if you weren’t right there.” Anyway lets get some dinner.” He said and she looked around. “Just the two of us. The others have work.” she blushed and nodded.

 

~You guys really . But thank you.~ she text the girls. Lay then took her cell from her and typed something in on it. Seconds later his cell beeped.  “Did you just text you phone?” She asked and he nodded.

 

“Why shouldn’t I. I want to be able to message you even when I’m busy. Tory can only get me a few days off at a time.” He said and then handed it back to her. 

 

 

 

 

When he took her back to her apartment the girls were all waiting at the door. He shyly gave her a quick hug then rushed off. “You guys .” Preet said hoping that he would have given her a kiss on the cheek at least.

 

“Sorry.” The four said and then her phone beeped.

 

~ Preet, also so you know there is another gift in your purse. I placed it in there when I hugged you.~ she opened her bag and the girls came around her. She opened the small gift and gasped. It was the ring that she had been eyeing at the shop.

 

~How did you know?~ she text back.

 

~When you went looking at some other rings the owner said you had been looking at that ring for months.~ The girls giggled. ~PS you can’t let any of the guys lay a hand on you now. You are officially mine.

 

“YAH!” The girls shouted and she ran up to her room and locked the door behind her.

 

~I wouldn’t have it any other way <3 <3.~ She messaged back.

 

 

He text back

 

She messaged back to him and then laid down in bed giggling at her luck and finally getting her unicorn.

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

A/N: Also the outfit the he had gotten her is this