"Miss Independent"

Songfic - "Miss Independent" (Ne Yo)

“Oh, it's something about
Just something about the way she move
I can't figure it out
There's something about her”

 

Park Sanghyun watched, sat at the dinning table, eating his cereals, as that blond girl walked from a side to the other in the kitchen, speaking a language he did not understand.

He watched her, as if she were the most interesting TV show ever. There was something about her that hypnotized him.

“Tell Dara I had to go. I call her later, okay?” – the girl said, leaving without waiting for an answer. 

“Okay…” – Sanghyun answered, watching as the earth moved under that girl’s feet.
He wasn’t the kind to be staring or drooling… it’s just that Lee Chaerin, CL for close friends, was the kind of woman who could make the toughest of men look like a Barbie doll.

 

"cause she walk like a boss,
she talk like a boss
manicured nail just send the pedicure off"

 

He knew it well.

Flashback on

“Let’s go out to have dinner.” – The charming business man said, taking Chearin’s hand on his.

“I still have to finish some papers, but… thank you.” – she answered, taking her hand back.
It had been a stressful week and she still had a lot of stress to go through.

“C’mon…is it money?” – The man insisted, taking his wallet out from his suit pocket.

Chaerin had a closed expression. She looked at him with such a glare, that even Sanghyun who had nothing to do with that, felt his spine freezing.

“No, mister, the problem is not money” – she said, staring into the man’s eyes - “The one and only problem here is you. Now please, leave. I have to finish my work and you are, as you might have noticed, disturbing,”

Chaerin had spoken with ultimate manners, but her glare and voice were so firm and intense, that the man left without saying a word, like he had just been punched a thousand million times and his vocal strings had been taken out through his nose.

“C’mon, Thunder! Dara asked me to give you a ride.” – She told Sanghyun, not giving attention to all the male workmates that stared at her, drooling.

Flashback off

“Hey!” – Thunder shouted, running a bit, to catch up with CL, who had already reached the front yard – “I… I was thinking… do you…I mean, if you have time, of course, do you wanna catch a movie?” – he asked, slightly shy. – "My treat.” – he completed, regretting it instantly.

If Chaerin thought he was a ist jerk, she would never ever accept anything from him. Specially an invitation.

“I’m not sure… I still have some papers to finish.” – she answered, looking at him as if he had just asked her about the weather.

Thunder was a bit disappointed, of course.
It had taken him a long time and a lot of effort to ask her out and she had basically said no.

“You…work too much, you know…” – he said, looking at her feet.

“Well, my bills won’t pay themselves, yeah?” – she replied, laughing.

That was Lee Chaerin, CL for close friends. A young woman who no matter what, would be up at six in the morning to start working and go to bed only after finishing her work, no matter if that’d be at six in the morning, the day next. And no matter what, she would always keep her head up. She didn’t own anyone anything.

That was perhaps what had called Thunder’s attention first of all.


“Cause she works like the boss
Plays like the boss
Car and a crib, she about to pay them both off
And her bills are paid on time”


“Yeah…” – Thunder spoke, embarrassed. – “Oh, don’t forget tomorrow’s cookie day and Dara’s really excited and she really wants you here.”- he reminded smiling.

His sister was not the only one who wanted CL there.

“I’ll be here at 2pm!” – CL replied, waving.

She left on her car. A beautiful orange jeep she had bought not long ago.

 

xXx

 

“Sorry, I’m a bit late!” – Chaerin said, entering the Park’s kitchen. A bunch on bags on her hands. – “I bought some ingredients.”

“Dara just called. She’ll be late, so I started without you girls” – Thunder spoke, while putting flour and milk into a bowl.

“Yeah?” – CL said, looking admired at the batter her friend’s brother had just made. - “Hey, Thunder, can i…mix the batter?” – she asked, slightly embarrassed.

Thunder smiled. He knew she was not very good at cooking.
“You sure? I mean, you’ll get your hands dirty.” – he said, teasing.

“Don’t worry, pretty boy. I got it” – CL winked.


“She says she got it,
She got it, no doubt
There's something about her”


It was already evening when they finished cleaning the mess they had made in the kitchen.

“Hmm…Not bad, for a first try. Dara’s missing it all!” – Thunder told CL, finally tasting the cookies, which batter she had prepared.

She laught loudly.
“Trust me, the first time is always disastrous!”

“No idea!” – Thunder laught along.

“I’ll teach you when you’re ready!” – CL said, still laughing.

 

Sudden silence.

 

“Er…I better get going.” – she spoke again, breaking the silence.

Thunder just nodded.

They said their goodbyes and he watched through the window, as she entered the car.
In a couple seconds, the iest, most beautiful and amazing woman alive would be gone and he could only stare through the window.

When CL entered the car, she noticed something was wrong.
The car was not working.
She got out to check it.

Thunder took the tools case and went out. He had read “cars for dummies” about ten times, so it wouldn’t be a problem.
Well, she had helped him with the dishes, so it was just right.

“I’ll fix it for you, CL” – he said smiling. He was just trying to help.

Thunder lifted the jeep’s hood just to stare at the bunch of thing he had never seen. Those were not like in the book…

When CL noticed his confused expression, she put her hair up in a ponytail and gave her confused savior a light tap on the shoulder.

“Step aside, pretty boy” – she smirked – “You get your hands dirty.” – she winked, laughing.

 

“She made for a boss
Solely a boss, anything less
She's telling them to get lost
That's the girl that's on my mind”