Happiness is a blessing...

Untitled

 

It’s Friday morning...

 

The clock reads 5:00. Click...Beep! Beep!

Kim groans and rolls on to her stomach so she’s face down on her pillow. Knock! Knock!  “Kimmy, Gisingin na!” Enchong yells from the outside of Kim’s door. “Oo na!” Kim yells back tired. Enchong knows his sister front and back. “Kim kung hindi ka gisingin mamaya hindi kita isasama sa iskuwela! Mag traysikel ka na lang!” Enchong yells. He waits with a smirk on his face. “No! Gisingin na ako” Kim yells while getting up from her bed and runs to open the door. Kim opens the door “kita mo gisingin na ako” Kim says to her brother.  Enchong chuckles at his little sister. “Go! Antayin kita sa sala. Bilisan mo kasi kailangan natin pumunta kay Erich’s” Enchong says to Kim. “sige sige” Kim says to Enchong while nodding her head. Enchong shakes his head and walks away. Kim takes her towel and heads to the bathroom.

Half an hour later...

Kim’s already out of the shower. She’s dressed already but she’s just doing her make-up. Knock! Knock!  “Bilisan mo kimmy!” Enchong says rushing Kim from outside of the bathroom. “okay okay I’m almost done and...” Kim extend ‘and’ until she was done putting on her lip gloss. “tapos na” Kim says while opening the bathroom door to see Enchong. “Mabuti naman halina ma late pa tayo” Enchong says to Kim while he walks to the stairs. Kim cleans up her mess in the bathroom really quick after that she got her bag from her room and ran outside to the car. She gets in. “Let’s go na” Kim says to Enchong. Enchong drives to Erich’s house.

 

At school...

Kim, Enchong and Erich arrived at school 25 minutes early. Kim gets out from the back seat of the car while asking Erich “Rich gusto mo hanapin natin si Shay at si Melia?” Erich gets out from the front seat of the car then looks at Kim. “sige” Enchong was already out of the car. “sasama rin ako” Enchong says. Enchong puts his arm around Erich’s shoulders. “tara na” Kim says while she starts walking. After a couple minutes “KIMMY!” someone yells out. Kim, Erich and Enchong turns around to see “SHAY!” Kim and Erich yells back smiling. Kim, Erich and Enchong walks to Shaina where they also saw Melisa, Jason and Rayver. “Melia!” Kim says excitedly. Melisa squeaks while getting up and hugs Kim and Erich. “paano naman ko?” Shaina says while she was them hugging. Kim, Erich and Melisa giggles and hugs Shaina too. Enchong, Jason and Rayver shakes there heads in the whole greeting. Enchong looks at Jason and Rayver and says “Pare” does a hand shake with them. Jason and Rayver returns the favour. The girls and guys talked and joked around until it was time to go inside the school.

 

After School...

The barkada went to Shaina’s house to watch movies and sleepover. Shaina unlocks her house door. “MA! Dito na kami sa bahay!” Shaina yells in the house. “Anak na sa kusina ako!” Ms. Magdayao yells back. Shaina let’s everyone in her house. “doon muna kayo sa sala. Kukunin ko muna yung DVD’s.” Shaina explains to her friends. Her friends nods and walks to the living room. Shaina walks to the kitchen. “mama” Shaina says while walking to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek and took her mom’s hand then pressed it up on her forehead. “mano po” says Shaina. “bless you” says her mom. Shaina walks to the cabinet and gets out snacks. “Anak lalabas muna ko okay?” says Ms.Magdayao. “okay mama. Mag ingat kayo sa daan” says Shaina. Ms. Magdayao nods and kisses her daughter’s cheek. Ms. Magdayao walks pass the living room. “Alis muna ko. Babalik ko mamaya” says Ms. Magdayao to Shaina’s friends. “sige po. Mag ingat po kayo.” Says Rayver. Ms. Magdayao smiles and soon enough she left.

 

Shaina got the snacks and the DVDs. They watched comedy, romance, horror and drama movies. Kim felt left out because Shaina has Rayver, Melisa has Jason and Enchong has Erich. Shaina and Rayver aren’t dating but everyone saw the closeness – the bond they share. Melisa and Jason...Melisa is careful with dating but since she knows Jason she doesn’t want to ruin there friendship. Enchong and Erich are the perfect couple sa groupo. Enchong is just one year older than the rest but he’s cool with it. Erich was first surprised that a guy like Enchong would ever go for her but after Enchong courting her for 1 year she gave her sweet yes on Feb 14. Kim looks at her phone and saw it was 8:31 pm. Everyone is a movie called ‘My big love’. The girls loves these kinds of movies. They love the kilig that they get when they watch it.

In America on Thursday morning...

The clock reads 8:31 am. Click...Beep! Beep!

Gerald looks at the clock and his eyes widen. “sh!t, I’m late” whispers Gerald. A blonde haired girl moans. “Babe wake up! You got go I have school” Gerald says to the girl who’s wrapped up in his blanket. Gerald gets up and puts on clothes. “You gotta get out” Gerald says while getting his black sun glasses, cell phone and car keys. The blonde girl gets up and gets dressed. “call me back babe” says the girl then she kissed him and left. Gerald smirks. “yea only if I even remember your name” whispers Gerald.

 

Gerald drives to school and arrives there at 9:10 am. All his teachers were used to it that they don’t say anything anymore. They would give him a slip of detention and that’s it. Girls loves him and the guys all want to be his friends. He goes to school then after school he goes straight to the bar.

Gerald’s daily routine is go to school late, after school go to the bar, party, one night stand with a random chick then sleep.

in between he squeezes in eating and showering. Ring Ring... it’s his phone. “hello?” says Gerald. He’s at his condo that his dad paying for. “Anak?” Gerald closes his eyes. He misses her. “Ma...kamusta na kayo?” Gerald asked. “We’re good sweetie. How about you?” “I’m good ma” says Gerald. “How’s school?” Gerald knows that she doesn’t like it when he’s failing and he’ll hate it if she ever finds out that he’s drinking now. “It’s good” Gerald and his mom talks for a while. “Ma I need to go na.” Gerald says. “okay. We love you” “I love both” says Gerald with a tear fall. Beep it ment the phone call ended. Gerald puts the phone away. Ring Ring... Gerald walks to the door and opens it “hello son” greets Gerald’s dad coldly. “dad” Gerald responds back as cold as him. “I can’t handle you anymore” says Gerald’s dad with bitter at his tongue  . It hurts Gerald to hear that but outside he didn’t show emotion. “I got calls from your school everyday and random crazy girls calling me saying lies that you got them pregnant” says Gerald’s dad with a pissed off voice. Gerald eyes widen at the part he heard pregnant. Gerald’s dad chuckles and shakes his head tired of his disappointing son. “Don’t worry. Every time it happens I go to them to get them checked out and all are lying to get money.” Says Gerald’s dad. Gerald stayed emotionless. “I’m sending you back to your mother” says Gerald’s dad. Gerald face softens a bit. “I can’t discipline you anymore. All the calls from schools, the police, girls and other people saying things about you. I can’t do it anymore. I can’t handle it anymore.” Says Gerald’s dad with coldness that Gerald felt it was a cold knife straight into his heart. “I booked you a ticket back to the Philippines.” Gerald’s dad says to Gerald while he took out the ticket from his pocket and hand it out to him. “You better be out of this country by tomorrow because this dump your living in right now will be will be for sale. And what ever things you have in there will be throw out if you don’t bring them with you”instructs Gerald’s dad. All this time Gerald stood there emotionless. He couldn’t believe what we was hearing. His own father is kicking him out and not only his house but the country. “But dad-” Gerald got interrupted by his father. “But nothing” says Gerald’s dad. “Goodbye son” says Gerald’s dad then leaves. Gerald stood there shocked. So he did what his dad told him. He packed up and got ready for his flight tomorrow. After packing everything that was packable he went off to bed. He’s so stressed out. A lot of questions are running through his mind. Like how is he going to tell his mom, how she would feel that her son is a failure, lazy, drinker, not smart nor talented.