Park Ha and her Son

Rooftop Prince Returns

 

PARK HA POV

“Park Ha-ssi?” The man whose holding my hands said.

“Lee Gak?” I asked the man whom I thought was Lee Gak.

“Pardon?” He said while looking at me.

“You must be….” Could it be this guy was “..Taeyong?” I said as I let go of his hands.

“Yes, I heard stories about you from your mother. I am so glad to meet you, I am the one who was sending you drawings in America.” He explained.

That was the story on how I met Taeyong. We started seeing each other and I told him about Lee Gak. He tries to understand and believe me even though I know it is hard to believe that story. Taeyong asked my hand for marriage but I refused to, I still love Lee Gak and I do not want to marry him just for the sake that he was Lee Gak 300 years ago. It will be unfair for him.

“Park Ha-ssi.” Someone is knocking from my door so I get up from bed and saw that Taeyong was waiting for me outside.

“Why?” I asked him while rubbing my eyes.

“I am here to say goodbye.” He said but I suddenly felt bad from my stomach. I rushed to the kitchen and tries to vomit.

“Ommo…” I kneeled down and Taeyong holds my shoulder.

“Something wrong?” He asked me and help me to sit to the nearest chair.

“I am pregnant…” I am delayed for already two months now.

“The father is?” Taeyong asked me while holding my hands.

“Lee Gak…”

Yes, Lee Gak must be the father of this child in my tummy. We just did it once and I never thought that I will be pregnant.

“We must ask the doctor…” Taeyong suggests and with that I visited a doctor with him.

“Congratulations, you are 2 months pregnant…” So it was confirmed that I was pregnant. How can I tell this to my mother and how can I give this child a family.

“Look, Park Ha, I will be leaving tomorrow to think about everything. I do not know when will I be back. We need space and time in able to forget what happened. I want to be responsible for your child but I think you will…”

“Taeyong, I can raise this child alone. You are right we need time to think and forget the pain from the past. Sorry… Thank you for everything.”

A day after Taeyong’s departure I asked my two mothers to come for dinner. I decided to tell them about the child.

“Your seafood stew is still the best!” My biological mother commented.

“Why did you asked us to come here tonight?” My other mother said as she looks into my eyes.

“Ommoni, you guys remember the guy who looks like Taeyong right?” I asked them while holding my tummy.

“You asks us not to talk about it so…”

“I will tell you the whole story now and please believe me even though it is hard, please do understand me.” I told them the whole story about how I met Lee Gak.

“Well, Sena told us that Lee Gak was his name, and I guess we need to believe you because Sena also said that she saw that guy became invisible… We will keep these as our secret.”  One of my mother commented.

“…and I am pregnant with his child.” I cried and just close my eyes in front of them. I do not know what to do.

“Our Parkha-ah!” My two mothers hugged me. “We will not leave you…”

 

After years my child who was a boy was now six years old and he looks like Lee Gak so much.

“Auntie!!!” Haewon runs as he saw Sena.

“Haewon-ah! Are you giving your mother a hard time?” Sena asked my son as she smiles at me.

“Noooooo….” Haewon smiles.

“Haewon, will you come with grandma so that auntie and your mother can talk?” My son nods and kiss Sena’s cheeks.

“Taeyong is still not back?” Sena asked me

“Not yet, and I think he will never come back again. How are you?” I asked her.

“I am fine here, how are you?” she ask as she holds my hand.

“Unnie, it is getting harder and harder…” I said and wipes my eyes to avoid crying.

“Why?”

“Haewon is asking about his father and I told him that his father was a traveler and I do not know when he will be back. It is hard for his part to understand that his father was someone back from 300 years ago. It will just sound as a joke.”

“I wish that you just marry Taeyong so all your problems will vanish.” Sena said and wipe my tears.

“Unnie I show a photo of me and Taeyong to Haewon so he can have an idea what his father looks like.” I said as I try to stop the tears that was coming from my eyes.

“You are a good mother Park Ha and I know that heaven will be good to you.” Sena smiles and caress my cheeks.

 

IN JOSEON

LEE GAK POV

“Jeoha, the whole nation is worrying.” Manbo said.

“There are still worried that you do not have a wife and a heri, Jeoha…” Chisan added.

“What do you want me to do? Choose a random girl and marry her? I do not want to marry someone who I do not love.” I said.

“Jeoha you must find someone…” Manbo said.

“I cannot forget Park Ha! You two may now leave!” I am angry because I cannot forget Park Ha even six years had gone.

“Still the nation needs a crown prince…”