Chapter 31

{{ Heartless, Mindless }}

 

- EPISODE 31 -

 

2 month later..

It has been almost 2 months since Taeyeon moved in with Sehun. She needed 100% trust from Sehun and she got it. But that's not enough. Taeyeon needs more chances to visit the Oh's house to look for what she wanted. But it's tough. She visited the place a few times when Sehun pulled her along for dinner. But she hadn't get a chance to be alone there.


"Unnie, look what I have drawn." Yoohyun pulled Taeyeon's sleeve awakening her from deep thoughts. Taeyeon shifts her attention to Yoohyun who is showing her a piece of drawing.

"Who are they?" Taeyeon asked.

"It's me, unnie and Baekhyun oppa." Yoohyun replied.

Looking at the picture, Yoohyun drew herself holding onto Baekhyun and Taeyeon hands. In the picture, Yoohyun was wearing the coat which Taeyeon bought for her that day. It's exactly the scene when Baekhyun and Taeyeon saved Yoohyun from the street.

"I haven't seen Oppa for a long time. Why didn't he come with you?" Yoohyun asked. "Erm... Oppa, he is busy." Taeyeon replied with a forced smile. "Busy ?" Yoohyun asked. Taeyeon nodded. "Busy with what? He said he will come visit me again but he didn't." Yoohyun pouted with disappointment. Taeyeon patted Yoohyun's head gently. "Oppa is busy because he is getting married. He needs to prepare for his wedding. That's why he can't come..."  


Yoohyun looked up at Taeyeon. "Baekhyun oppa is getting married?"  Taeyeon nodded.

"... then are you his bride?" 

Taeyeon was caught by the question.

She paused for a second. "No... I'm not..." Taeyeon said with a weak smile. "Oppa's bride is a beautiful lady. She has long black hair and a beautiful smile." As she say it, Taeyeon picked up the crayons and drew in the picture a bride with long black hair holding onto Baekhyun's arm.

As she drew, a tear dropped down from her eyes.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Driving aimlessly on the road, this is how Baekhyun spend his time for the past 2 months. He didn't want to stay home facing his father who would talk to him about nothing but his upcoming wedding. He avoided Chanyeol who would chat non-stop about his upcoming marriage. He didn't want to go to Sehun... because Baekhyun still couldn't do what he promised his best friend.

As Baekhyun drives, his instinct brought him to a familiar place.

The orphanage.

Baekhyun hasn't been here for a long time. The last time he came, it was with Taeyeon. Baekhyun alighted from his car and made his way into the orphanage. It was mid-noon. The orphanage was exceptionally quiet. The kids are having their noon naps. Memories rushed in as Baekhyun walked along the aisle. He remembered the same spot where he was playing hide and seek with Yoohyun. The same corner where Taeyeon and him hid to scare Yoohyun. As he walked on, a picture on the noticeboard caught his attention.


Taeyeon unnie .... Yoohyun ..... Baekhyun Oppa & his Bride

Baekhyun stared into the picture. 


"Oppa..." A familier voice called him. Baekhyun turned to his left to find Yoohyun walking towards him rubbing her sleepy eyes. "Oppa, you finally came." Yoohyun said. Baekhyun bent down to reach her. "Mianhae. Oppa didn't keep my promise. I should have came more often." He apologized.

Yoohyun shook her head. "It's okay. I know Oppa is busy."

"Yoohyun ah.. this picture. You drew it?" Baekhyun stood up and point to the picture. Yoohyun nodded. "Deh. I drew unnie, oppa and myself." She said. "But the bride was drew by unnie." 

"She drew the bride? She came...??" Baekhyun muttered softly. Yoohyun nodded. "Unnie told me Oppa didn't come because you are busy with your wedding preparation." Yoohyun points into the picture. "Unnie also said your bride is a beautiful lady with long black hair. Can I meet your bride one day?" Yoohyun asked. Baekhyun didn't reply. He turned back to the picture and stared into it.


"I wished Taeyeon unnie is Oppa's bride. Why isn't she your bride?" Yoohyun looked up at Baekhyun and asked. Baekhyun looked down. He paused for awhile. "Taeyeon unnie cannot be Oppa's bride... because she belongs to someone else." Yoohyun scatched her head with confusion. Baekhyun saw and smiled gently. "You'll understand when you grow up."

"Time to return to your nap. Oppa promised I'll visit you more often." Yoohyun nodded and gave Baekhyun a hug before returning to her room. But just before Baekhyun turned around to leave, Yoohyun stopped him.

"Oppa, Unnie looked sad when she came.." she said. "She teared when she drew your bride."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"She teared when she drew your bride."

These words kept winding in Baekhyun's mind. He knew about his own feelings for Taeyeon all these time. But he had no idea how Taeyeon feels about him. They used to bicker more than they talk. Taeyeon used to find him bothersome. They didn't spend alot time with each other, except a few occassions where they were alone.

But that day, Taeyeon didn't reject when he kissed her. Does it mean.. she has feelings for him too? But what about Sehun? If she didn't love Sehun, why did she move in with him? There were a lot of questions in Baekhyun's mind. He couldn't stop thinking as he drove his car down the highway.


Unknowingly, his car brought him to the familiar Han River again. He slowed down as he approaches the exact spot where he and Taeyeon spent a silent night together. It was also the same spot where they kissed.  

Looking out from the car window,

A petite profile caught Baekhyun's attention. He moved his car nearer to take a closer look.

It was randomly on Mid-town street when he found Taeyeon being disturbed by the beasts.. 
It was on a random street when he met Taeyeon with Yoohyun..
It was a random day where he found Taeyeon drinking alone in the cafe..
And now, his car brought him to Han River and there she is standing by the river alone..


It's Taeyeon.

Are all these pure concidences? Or is fate playing games with him?


Baekhyun pulled over his car. 

He was about to reach his hands to open the car door, but he stopped.


"Hyung, I know you care a lot about Taeyeon too. Probably as much as I do."
"And sometimes, the amount of care you have for her exceeded what a normal friend would have..."
"Treat Krystal well. I want her to be happy."
"If you decided to take her hands down the aisle, then be good to her.."


Baekhyun retreated. He can't go to Taeyeon like this.

He promised Sehun. 

And it's just 3 days away from his wedding..
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 31 ends. 

The wedding is just round the corner...