What Should I Do When I See You?

What Should I Do When I See You?

I really hope this breaks my hiatus.
Is this bad? I'm not sure really ahaha. I don't really write like this
Hope you enjoy, thanks for waiting <333


 

Taeyeon's POV
 

I could swear our eyes met. Just for an instant. And it only took an instant to send my heart beating at different rhythms. I swallowed hard. 


Do I look like an idiot standing here in the middle of the restaurant?


Before I could even answer my conscience, I heard a soft voice whispering into my ear. "You should sit down before you fall down from weak knees."


I rolled my eyes. My friend Yuri who went with me to this buffet. Pretty decent place if you ask me. Two lines of conjoined, fancy tables which started with lettuce, things like corn and peppers, dressing, and croutons. However, there was always a premade bowl of caesar salad and I always got that. The jumbled mixture of lettuce, croutons, and cheese held together by the dressing. I like that aspect. Premade. Love...well love is way different. You don't know what you're getting and when you're getting it. It could be fake too. The melted swiss cheese of a heart could be in actuality melted plastic. Not real love, if you don't get what I mean. Or maybe you just fall for the looks.


"" I said to her as I walked to our table.


My hands trembled slightly as I bit into my salad. I turned my head to see her drink from her glass of water. Her movements seemed to flow, like a kite in the spring air. Yuri laughed and immediately I kicked her shin under the table. 


As I heard her cursing under her breath, I muttered, "Serves you right" before returning to my salad.

 



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 


A day later....

 

The air was hot and musty and I was panting. I know what you're thinking and no...I didn't magically hook up with the girl I saw and neither did I randomly decide to start something with Yuri. Even if she is my ex-girlfriend.


I groaned as the sun relentlessy beat upon my back.


"Why the do I have this job?" I said through clenched teeth as I bend forward and drain the sponge of its soapiness, the bubbly substance falling against the windshield. 


"Maybe because you thought you could become a famous freelance writer and didn't go to college." Yuri replied, not skipping a beat.


"God, I'm not in the mood. Stop. You seriously ."


"Nope and yes I do. I your . Well, used to anyway."


Smartass. 

 

"You're lucky that was a long time ago Kwon or I'd kick your ."


"That's what you'd want to believe Kim but I have...height advantage." She laughed.


.


"Hey! You come here and I'll show you!" 


I chased her around the car with a fiery determination to connect my foot and her face. We raced around the car, its owner being quite confused but quite entertained at the wet, minimally dressed girls with bouncing chests (mine more or less) running around. As I was just about to grab onto Yuri's wrist, the car door opens and I hit it, hard. Next thing I knew, I'm on the cement floor, my tailbone aching and my knees shaking. Yuri, seeing what happened, slapped the driver and walked up to me.


"No no, you're not gonna cry." She told me as she carried me away.


"Who said I was?" I whined, realizing as soon as I said it, my vision was already becoming blurry.


"Yuri will make it better okay? There's not even any boo-boos. Wait here, have some water while I beat the crap out of our customer."


She disappeared outside,] with me sitting on a overturned crate in the back of the store. 


I know I know, a bit babyish but I guess the many years being my best friend, my girlfrient, and then my ex, you get to learn the best way to make me feel better is using a little bit of aegyo. There, I said it. Kim Taeyeon likes a little aegyo here and there. But really, that's not what I look for in a girl, if you're interested. Just....a little taller than me (not like there was much people shorter), y, and a nice white smile. Just like...that girl at the restaurant. Damn and I thought I could forget about her. 

 

I wonder where she left. I wonder how she gets that black ocean of hair to be so perfect and smell amazing, not that I ever smelt it. I wonder why I didn't ask for her number or maybe follow where she's going.


"Because you're better that and NOT a stalker." Yuri chuckled as she reappeared in front of me, placing a band-aid on the side of both cheeks.


"Oooh do I look like a ninja now?" I say excitedly, doing whatever it takes to lead us off into another conversation than the one to be had in a couple of seconds.


"Sure sure, now...about the girl. I-"


"What girl?"


"Quit playing dumb. Now. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. Now...that's her over there so go do what you do best." And with that Yuri pulled me off the crate and shoved me outside to see this black-haired beauty bending down and filling up gas.


"And what do I do best?"


"You up but look stupid and cute doing it. No more talking. Go!" She kicked my and sent me tumbling forward, making me fall on my knees just in front of her. She didn't notice me at first, so I took the time to look at her closely from a...low point of view.


The woman was wearing tight blue denim short shorts, showing off her hips and plump . Her legs were as white as the pillow I lay my head on every night.  Unfortunately, I couldn't just keep staring at her. The world doesn't work like that and inevitably she looked down and I looked up.


"Um...hi.." I stuttered as I quickly stood up. "I was just..dropping by."


She laughed at the pun and I smiled shyly. After a few moments, we were left to stare at each other's eyes. I wanted to hide. She was so confident and determined. What? Was she leaning in? Oh my fu-


"Are you okay?" Her brow wrinkled in concern and then I noticed that I was leaning in. Figures.


"Y-yea..." I gulped.


These were the awkward moments where you ask about the weather. Then you go on to say how the other had nice shoes. Maybe after a while you'd ask where he/she got them, going on to say how the other's day was. But no, I will not end up like every other boring, awkward person to attempt to talk to a gorgeous woman.


"Can I have your number?"


What....the hell....did I just say?


Again, her addicting laugh that made my insides turn to mush. She probably thought I was a creeper. Though on the outside I seemed like the everyday woman with a white tee and blue jumpsuit situated at the waist, she'd think I was a middle-aged ert that played videogames at their mother's house.


"Normally people would ask me on a date first. Or maybe a coffee."


"Well, I'm not a 'normal' type of person."


"Hahaha, I can see that. When's your shift end?"


Wow...so direct...me gusta.           (Trans: I like.)


I widened my eyes.


"When?"


"Oh...um..8:30"


"Then I'll see you then" She said, her back turned to me as she screwed close the fuel cap of her car and sped off.


Stunned, I barely noticed her leave. I was still in my thoughts. Is this how life works? You ask a girl and she immediately says...well she didn't say anything but she approved.To be clear, I wasn't really aware that she could have not been gay. Well, works for me. Maybe for once in my life, I won't have another disappointment.


"Tae, what are you doing? Get back to work!" My boss yelled.


"Yes, sir!"

 

I scrambled to the line of cars waiting to be washed. 
 

I swear to the heavens that this line just gets longer every week that passes. Maybe because we're an item. When I say 'we' I'm referring to Yuri, Tiffany, Sooyoung, and I. Guess the town hears that above average (I'm not one to boast) looking girls are here every other day cleaning cars. Fortunately, the Soo and Tiff duo have more fans and Yuri and my days go by with less cars. I'm pretty sure the boss pays Soo extra if she brings the guys she sleeps with to the car wash too by the way However, today was a change. With all my strength, I soaked, scrubbed, and showered the cars till my fingers looked like prunes; all the way till 9.



9:00pm........the girl..she was gonna- Crap.


I ran into the store.


"Hey boss, have you seen this really gorgeous woman with black hair hanging around?" I poked my head in the opening of the door.


"Oh so you changed your mind about me, babe?" Yuri jokingly flipped her hair.


"Shut the hell up Yuri you know who I'm talking about."


"Who?"


"The girl- " ....I didn't ask her name...what the hell?


"Are you talking about me, Ms...Kim Taeyeon?" I felt a hand slide across my body and pull my name tag.


Damn, was she fine.....Everything, her eyes, her curves, her lips..


"Tae, quit drooling and go on."


I swear I'll kill her one day.


But the lady I found at the restaurant, she found it cute and chuckled.


"Come...walk with me." And for another time today, I was dragged forward, not that I minded.

 



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 


We were just walking. I'm not really sure where we were going but despite being with the cutest, iest girl in the world, I was a bit frightened. Darkness doesn't work for me. You can't tell what's in it. That and the jerks I call friends like to play not funny to me funny jokes on me, mentally scarring me for all eternity. I shuddered just thinking about it. And here I was, my hands hiding behind me in scared fists as I continued to talk to the girl.


I laughed nervously, "You know, I never asked your name hahaha."


"Yoona. Im Yoona."


"Cute."


She giggled softly, "Thanks."


We walked in silence, me following her as we traveled deeper into the depths of blackness.


"Scared?" She looked at me. I looked back, her eyes seemingly light up the emptiness around me.


" 'Course not" I let the lie roll off my lips. But just as quickly as it came out, I felt her slide her hand down to my arm then to my hands.


"You're shaking." Yoona whispered, forcing one of my hands open to intertwine her hand with mine.  


"There."


I could tell she smiled. It was on the crevices on her hands, how her fingers tightened around mine. Do you understand? Do you understand that feeling, of light weighted-ness? Because that's what I felt. In those 10 seconds, I went from scared out of my mind to skipping along the sidewalk at 11pm. 


As we settled down and began walking again, hand in hand now, she stopped under a streetlight.


The black-haired beauty squinted in my direction, making me look behind me in confusion.


"Idiot, come here."


Pulling my collar, she gave me a chaste kiss on the lips.


"Too much?"


My cheeks turned red.


"N-no, you're fine."


"Why the stuttering? Haven't had a first kiss yet?"


"Hey, I'm not that lame. I just didn't expect that."


"And whyyyyy not?" She asked in a sing-a-long voice as she started marching away.


"Because normally-"


"Well I'm not a 'normal' type of person."


I laughed.

 

"So...does that mean I can have your number?" I piped up, running up behind her.


"You'll have to catch me first!" She yelled before taking off.


"Hey! Don't run too fast, it's dark and I'll be alone!" I screamed after her.


"Then you better catch up then!"


Sighing loudly, I slowed to a stop.


"Hey Tae!" 

 

I looked up, seeing her shadow reach to just an arm length away from me.


"What?"


"You looked really cute at the restaurant yesterday!"


Hahaha, this girl...


"Wait up!" I exclaimed as I began to run once again, smiling because I couldn't help but smile when I see her.