Final

Eternal Star [One-Shot]

DaeMin grabbed YoungSaeng's hands and pulled him hard to make him fall on the sands as well.
"But-"
"Kwenchana, when i say you sit, means you sit" DaeMin grinned at YoungSaeng who obediently sat beside her yet keeping a distance.

"Can't you sit nearer, Heo YoungSaeng?" DaeMin said it more like a command than a question
"But-"
"No buts, you're defying me now?" she pretended to be angry
"Aniyo Princess, i wouldn't dare to.."
"Then?"
"Arasoyo" YoungSaeng moved nearer to DaeMin such that she started smiling to herself again without him noticing.

"YoungSaeng, have you ever watched the night sky carefully? And observe each and every detail on it, the stars and their brightness?" DaeMin hugged her legs and stared at the sky
"No, Princess. I've only known the moon" YoungSaeng answered honestly, "Only Princess knows the slightest change in the stars, not me"
"Really.. Then i want you to observe them, right now"
"But-"
YoungSaeng ended his sentence without saying anything as he knew DaeMin would lecture him again, so he obeyed. Plus, it just isn't his luck to be placed under this Star Princess instead of others in the whole dimension. Not other, but Kang DaeMin.

He lifted his head up, and everything he has in his sight is the night sky. For the first time, he found the beauty in those stars. Before, he only had his eyes on the moon; he has never wondered about those sparkling stars around it. Now, he did. It was in that situation where he was blinded by those stars, it didn't appear to him what DaeMin's thoughts were. She was nervous, afraid, yet tempted.

Since young as a Star Princess, each of them have to have a Guardian as their bodyguard. Out of every other choices, she chose YoungSaeng. First, it was for his looks. Second, it was for his voice. Third, it was for his abilities. But after years of being together as Princess and Guardian, forth, it was for the reason that it's him. YoungSaeng had felt the same, wondering why did he get such a fierce Princess at first, but not anymore; he was glad. Still, he couldn't do anything. He's just a Guardian.

DaeMin thought it was time. It've already been 20 years they've been together since they were 5. She took this as a chance she made for herself.
"YoungSaeng.. Oppa!" DaeMin shouted all out a sudden, calling him oppa for the first time in 20 years
Although still mesmerized by the stars, being surprised, YoungSaeng turned to react, but to only find out that he didn't actually even have time to react.

The moment he turned, soft lips pushed against his and arms wrapped his waist. His heart, together with DaeMin's, stopped for that moment. It was just a short kiss of a few seconds, but it felt long for the both of them. When the kiss broke, there was silence as they tried to calm down the heat inside them. DaeMin bite her lower lips and looked down, while YoungSaeng looked away. DaeMin mustered her courage to speak up first before they silently walked back to the castle again from the beach.
"Oppa.. You'll never be alone.. I promise, I'll love you.."

---------------------
"Stay here, i'll be back, very soon"
"But.. Be careful.."
"Neh, i will. Just stay here alright?"
"Araso..."

Upon receiving the reply, YoungSaeng was gone with the wind, leaving DaeMin alone in the dark deep forest. She was afraid, but she stayed calm. YoungSaeng said he'll be back very soon, but DaeMin was worried sick. She wouldn't allow him to get hurt because of her, never. DaeMin kept her eyes on the night sky. The star flickered according to her own emotions and feelings, while the moon was calmly warm and bright. It was easy to tell her Guardian's status, because just like her, it's all in the moon for YoungSaeng.

Noises kept disturbing DaeMin in the dark and she got more nervous each time. Though supposed to risk his life for her as a Guardian, DaeMin didn't want that to happen, she don't want to lose YoungSaeng at all. Still, she stared hard at the moon. Nothing changed. So she hoped nothing was wrong as well. Suddenly, a grip caught her arm. The minute she saw YoungSaeng, she hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go.

"I'm fine, Princess. Really"
"I was worried, do you know that?"
"Nothing will happen to me, i'm suppose to protect you, remember?"
"But KyuJong-"
"He's nothing. Really"
"You mean you fought with him?"
"He ran though"
"Didn't you chase?"
"I could have caught him easily, but i left him alone. I knew you were worried, that's why"

"Next time, please, just ignore him alright?" DaeMin pleaded
"I can't-"
"Please? Pretty please? I don't want you to risk"
"But i can-"
"You can't for long, YoungSaeng. KyuJong's way stronger"
"But-"
DaeMin stopped that with a kiss, "Please, sweetie?"
"Neh..."

---------------
"I said already since 20 years ago, you weren't fit for DaeMin Princess. So, soon, you'll be down, Heo YoungSaeng. You can't even protect her. If one day danger were to catch the dimension without warning, DaeMin Princess will probably die because of you. The Star Princess's powers can fight, yes, especially since DaeMin Princess is powerful. Her star can attack, heal, assist and the power and speed of her power are above others. But, once her Guardian isn't as good, he'll pull her down. Don't you think, you're a burden for her?"

--------------
It was another night. With a pumping heart, DaeMin was waiting again for YoungSaeng in the forest. She had told him not to get into all these troubles with KyuJong, but he didn't care. DaeMin knew it was just because KyuJong wants to replace YoungSaeng in being her Guardian, KyuJong had planned everything to agitate YoungSaeng. Only after something major happens, YoungSaeng will be changed and replaced.

The moon had been so bright that day, but everything happened so quickly. As the moon slowly turns bloody red, the 2 creatures had fought in a blood covered war. Although not a attacking type of creature, KyuJong had the speed. YoungSaeng had both, but he was never good like KyuJong.
"We vampires are to rule, not you the werewolves" KyuJong had always emphasized.

Not having Daemin to notice the great change in the moon, it meant YoungSaeng not receiving any help at all. DaeMin should have done that, but she was too worried and didn't took notice. A big creature was as if thrown in front of DaeMin. Its beautiful fur was stained in blood and its breathing was heavy. Even before it transformed back to the human form, DaeMin recognised him without fail. YoungSaeng.

Right after he was transformed back to human form, DaeMin dropped to his side and tears rushed down her cheeks.
"I told you not to fight with KyuJong, I told you..!"
"Mianhae..yeobo.."
"Why are you doing this, YoungSaeng.. Tell me, Why?"
"I need to know.. whether i'm strong enough for you, my princess.." YoungSaeng tried his best to talk, even though his mouth is filled with blood, "I couldn't..let you always be worrying..."

From his pocket, YoungSaeng slowly took something out, a ring.
"I was wondering, if i could win KyuJong, it would mean i'm strong enough. Then, i would marry you proudly. But if i couldn't...like now.. I'm really sorry.. DaeMin.."
"Ani YoungSaeng, i didn't demand so much from you, so why..!"
"Kwenchana, this only meant.. i can't protect you"

DaeMin lifted her head to look at the moon. It was already stained with blood, just like YoungSaeng. Her tears couldn't stop dropping as she held YoungSaeng in her arms and embracing him. It felt as if she was carrying a dying animal and her dress was covered in its blood as well, but she could still feel the warmth of YoungSaeng.
"I wouldn't let you die YoungSaeng.. I wouldn't"
"It's alright Princess.. It's better to just forget me, isn't it?"
"Ani YoungSaeng, don't say that, please"
"I'm sorry i couldn't continue holding on to you, for you to support on.. It's better to have a more capable Guardian than me; its best for you like that, Princess"

"No YoungSaeng, no. I wouldn't let it happen. I wouldn't"
DaeMin held back her tears, and started a healing spell. That star in the sky shined brighter than usual and even brighter than the other times when DaeMin used the same healing spell. She couldn't afford to lose any unnecessary time; she was afraid. YoungSaeng swallowed his saliva and his tears slowly streamed down, sipping into DaeMin's dress. He tried to move, but it hurt, so much. He can't let the spell be completed, he doesn't want it to.

(Note: Bold is the chants; Italian is the memories)

"Betelgeuse, my star.."

"I want him to be my Guardian: Heo YoungSaeng"

"Give me your shine.."

"You have to protect DaeMin Princess, do you understand?"

"And lent me your power.."

"You're a werewolf, i'm a Star Princess. There will be no problem at all!"

"The beauty.."

"Werewolves are useless, especially you"

"Warmth.."

"I love you"

"Mesmerizing.."

"How will DaeMin Princess fall in love with you?"

"Brightness of you.."

"If only our kiss will never end; i want you for eternity, YoungSaeng"

"Come under my control.."

"Princess, am i enough to protect you?"

"To heal others.."

"I will save you"

"In the name of Betelgeuse and its Star Princess, Dae-"

"I don't want"

The spell was broken. YoungSaeng pounced onto DaeMin with his remaining strength and she lied flat on the ground. Without warning, YoungSaeng desperately tasted DaeMin's lips, entering passionately. DaeMin tried stopping him, but to no valid. He didn't want to let go. Even to the last moment, he want to embrace and to love back DaeMin with everything he can. DaeMin knew what he was doing, but she couldn't do anything. Her heart was already in danger before YoungSaeng had done that.

The night got darker, and the ring from YoungSaeng's hands dropped lightly to the ground. The sound it produced was similar to how DaeMin's heart had shattered, but there was a great difference. It definitely didn't have the pain DaeMin had then. The moon was shining as usual, so is the star, but not for DaeMin. In her eyes, the moon has completely lost its shine, and Betelgeuse had dimmed down a lot. YoungSaeng lied beautifully on the pool of blood, his blood.

It's unfair for you to cry and lose yourself because of me,
even though i didn't do anything for you.
I will hate myself for being so heartless,
to make my beloved Princess ruin her beautiful shine with tears.
If i become your memory, i'm afraid to occupy every inch of your heart,
and make you painfully wait for something that'll never happen.
I'm sorry i can never watch the night sky with you again,
or to embrace you in my warmth and kiss you in the rain.
If you love me, please forget me.

I really love you, my Star Princess.
YoungSaeng.


----------------
Betelgeuse sparkled. A diamond-like tear hit YoungSaeng's flawless yet blood stained face. Around them, wind blew, and an aurora surrounded them.
"Please, Betelgeuse, i know you can do this, please"
The blood were cleansed away by the light and DaeMin held tightly to YoungSaeng. She bent down and lied his head on her arms, and she kissed those icy lips.

Warmth returned to YoungSaeng; his blood circulated. He responded to the kiss and bite the other gently. He unwillingly pulled out from the kiss as DaeMin wanted. YoungSaeng opened his eyes. The aurora was gone, and everything in the forest was normal again. But when he turned, he saw a figure on the ground a distance away. To a human, it would seem like he's sleeping, but in fact, he has no breathing at all. It was KyuJong.

"Princess you.." YoungSaeng tried talking but it was soft and DaeMin placed her finger on his lips
"I just used Betelgeuse to use him to recover my sweetie's life. Isn't he strong? Isn't he a vampire? I didn't kill him or take his life like he did to you, sweetie; he just didn't have enough to survive himself" DaeMin said heartlessly, having her fingers touch YoungSaeng's face seductively
"But-"
"Sshh.. It's just his retribution for hurting you, my love. I'll never allow anyone to hurt you, neh?"

"But still-"
"No buts, alright? Now to get you back to the castle. And, we're married now" DaeMin showed a smile that melted YoungSaeng, showing him the ring on her finger.
"I'll do anything for you, anything to love and have you for eternity, Heo YoungSaeng."