Chapter 1

Springtime Romance

The snowflakes fell silently from the sky and covered everything it fell on in white. Ryeowook sighed as he watched the snow fall from the sky from the window. Donghae came into the room just as Ryeowook sighed.

"What's wrong? You seemed depressed." Ryeowook looked at his older brother before looking out the window and sighed.

"I wish that it was spring. There's nothing to do during the winter and you're stuck inside all day. If it was spring, you could be outside all day, frolicking in the flowers and maybe meet someone you truely love. That's why I'm sad." Donhae looked at his brother for a moment before walking out of the room. He searched around the house to find their mother. He found their mother looking at paint colors in the master bedroom. Leeteuk looked up as Donghae walked through the door.

"Which one do you like better? The cheetah print, the zebra print or this really pretty chocolate color that I found?" Leeteuk held up the patterns for Donghae to look at. Donghae studied each one carefully. He finally chose the chocolate color.

"I like this color the best. But have you talked this over with appa yet? I'm sure he's not going to be very happy if the bedroom color is different." Leeteuk waved a hand in the air unnoticably while putting the colors back into the folder.

"Youngwoon doesn't care. I already asked him and he said that he was fine with what ever I picked. Isn't he sweet?" Leeteuk finished packing the colors into the folder and put the folder back on the shelf. Donghae eyed his umma.

"The only reason he agreed, umma, was becaused you told him that if he didn't agree, he would get no for a month right? Anyways, Ryeowook seems depressed and has been moping by the windows for days at a time. Do you think you can help him? I tried. Nothing works. So if you like to go help him, I would like that. I don't want to hear your answer. I need to go meet Eunhyuk. I promised to take him to see the new monkeys that they have at the zoo." Leeteuk smiled at his son. 

"Of course I help him. Now you go meet Eunhyuk. Have fun okay? Oh. Wait. Here is some money for both of you. Dont' spend it all ok?" Donghae greedily accepted the money, nodded at his mother's warning and ran out the door, anxious to meet Eunhyuk. Leeteuk made his way down to the living room and found his younger son drawing, every now and then looking at the window. Leeteuk softly crept up behind his son and glanced at the drawing. Ryeowook had drawn a sunny day filled with flowers in the spring and a couple standing in the middle of everything, kissing. Ryeowook was staring outside and Leeteuk took that as his chance. 

"Is everything alright Wookie-ah?" Ryeowook screamed. The sketchpad and pencil flew up in the air and landed with a thud on the floor. The sketch pad had a drawing on it but it wasn't the same drawing that Ryeowook had been working on.This drawing was a drawing of the sunset on the beach and there was another couple kissing in front of the sunset with flowers and birds around them. Leeteuk picked up the sketchpad and flipped through the pages, reading each date. There was a drawing for each day. But each one had a different setting in the spring. The only similarity was that there was a couple kissing. 

"Wookie. Why did you draw these? Are you that desperate for it to be spring?" Ryeowook looked at his umma before nodding, tears streaming down his face. Leeteuk scooped Ryeowook into his arms, comforting him.

"It's ok Wookie-ah. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. If you want, you can go visit the next door neighbor. They just moved in yesterday. They have a son that's about your age. His name is Cho Kyuhyun." Ryeowook looked at his umma with round eyes.

"Can I really go?" Leeteuk nodded and Ryeowook jumped up. He pulled on his jacket, mittens, hat, and boots. After kissing his mother, he ran out the door and rang the doorbell. The door opened and it revealed a small boy. Ryeowook guessed that he was Kyuhyun.

"Are you Cho Kyuhyun?" The boy nodded. "I'm Kim Ryeowook and I llive right next door to you which makes us neighbors. How old are you? I'm fourteen. Also, do you like winter. I hate winter. I like spring better."

"I'm fifteen. I also hate winter. I like spring alot better. Do you want to play with me? I'm bored. I've already beaten StarCraft like 50 billion times."

"I'll play with you. By the way, have we met before? You look very familiar. It seems like you have been here before." Panicked flashed in Kyuhyun's eyes but it quickly disappeared. Ryeowook thought for a moment that he was halucinating, but shook the thought out of his head.

"This is my first time in this neighborhood. I've never seen this place before. Why don't you go wait for me at the park? I'll catch up with you." Ryeowook nodded and headed towards the park. Kyuhyun watched his fading backside. He sighed while muttering to himself.

"How could you notice so quickly Ryeowook? After I left you for so long. Do you still love me? I still love you. Do you still talk about me? Do you still think and dream about me? Do you still want to be together? After all this time? What will you do when I tell you that it's really me? Will you still be mad at me since I left you so suddenly? I'm sorry. But wait until spring. I have a surprise for you. Just you wait. I have a big surprise just for you." With that, Kyuhyun put on his winter clothes and headed for the park.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for taking so long and sorry if this was such a short chapter. Don't kill me!! *hides in the corner* But thank you for all the subscriptions and views. Kamsahabnida!