Ding dong, Delivery!

A plate of Tteoppokki

 

"Hana, quick. Mrs Lee is waiting for her order. Here, take this and go now. Careful though, " Omma said, handing me the food delivery case which had Mrs Lee usual order in it, her soondubuchigae (spicy tofu soup).

 

I hurried down the counter and took the metal case from her. I glanced at the clock in the restaurant. 6.50pm. Gosh, Mrs Lee must be so hungry now..

 

I left the restaurant after putting on my green raincoat. It was raining outside. The wind was blowing the bottom of my raincoat, making a flapping sound. I looked up at the sky. Aigoo.. Why must it rain.. My shoes will get muddy again and Mum will nag at me to wash them again. I took a last look at Omma who gave me a quick wave and started on my usual route to Mrs Lee house.

 

Mrs Lee had always been ordering food, especially for her dinner, from us since.. its been so long, I cant even recall. She's one of my family restaurant's loyal customer and she never fails to order soondubuchigae from us each day. She practically feels like family to us. Me? Well i help out at my family's restaurant everyday. Life's all about delivering, delivering and delivering for me. I'm in charge of delivering food to the houses in the neighbourhood since its nearer and my family thinks its safer for a young girl like me to walk around in, alone. Whereas, my brother, Dongwoo Oppa, is in charge of delivering food to further places. He rides this really big, black, shiny motorbike. Sometimes, he lets me ride it with him and it feels so exciting when I do, especially with him. But being the caring brother he always is, he make sures I always have a safety helmet on no matter how much I whine or complain about how silly it makes me look.

 

Then, besides Dongwoo Oppa and I, we also have two other assistants that help out in the restaurant. Lee Chunji and Lee Ji Eun. No, they're not siblings despite having the same family name but one would think so just by looking at their similar characters. Both of them are my bestest friends and having them work together with me is one of the best things that could happen to me! All three of us have major fun in the kitchen when there isn't much customers around or when the restaurant is closed or the day. We goof around alot despite getting nagged at by Appa. But that's what makes it even more fun hehe. But, they only work at the restaurant on weekdays, after school. So on weekends, it feels emptier without them and how i wish they were with me then..

 

" Annyeong Son Hana! Doing your deliveries right now? " a loud, jolly voice sounded.

 

I looked up. It was Yang Yoseob, one of my classmates at school. His hair was messed up underneath his white hoodie.

 

" Oh, annyeong! Yeah, as usual. Where are you off to on this rainy day? Girlfriend's house? Hehehe, " I gave a quick wave at him and teased.

 

" Yaaah! Aniya, I'm going to Senior Doojoon's house. A couple more guys are coming over too. He invited all of us over to show us his new video games! I heard that some are really good cos they're imported from the US!!!" Yoseob squealed, giving a little hopping dance, like an excited little boy.

 

" Really? Well then, have fun playing together then! I have to run now or else I'll be later than I already am, haha! " I gave a little nod then continued on with the deliver.

 

Aigoo, this Yoseob, always playing games. No wonder he is always getting the poorest grades in class, hahaha. I hope he'll buck though if he wants to go into a good college!

 

I started walking even faster after the little chat session with Yoseob. Its okay Mdm Lee! Believe in Son Hana, I will deliver your food eventually haha! The rain had made the ground little bit slippery. My eyes were constantly examining the ground to make sure I didn't step on any puddles that would possibly make me slip.

Mdm Lee's house loomed right ahead.