Chapter 1

I Changed You

Click this before you start reading as the background music --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Hmu9XbEJ0&list=PLBWTNAvA2qQQnDiI3apClKPkcq6dcVHf-

 

I changed him because he deserved it.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Should I or shouldn’t I approach him?  You bit your nails and slowly walked towards him.

‘I’m Ah Ra, Kim Ah Ra. You?’ you shyly asked him.

He looked at you and shut his eyes for a moment. ‘M-me? Are you talking to me?’ he asked you, correcting his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

‘Yes, I’m asking you. There’s nobody sitting next to you.’ You pulled out the chair and sat down next to him.

‘Thank you for talking to me. I thought I didn’t exist, and was pretty invisible here.’ He smiled and blushed.

‘Why? Nobody’s ever approached you before I did?’ You put your hand on the table and leaned forward, placing your chin on your hand.

He shook his head and pouted while correcting his glasses again.

‘Never? Not even once?’ you asked, straightening up.

‘Nope. You’re the first one.’ He looked at you, but then he quickly glanced in the other direction.

‘What? What’s wrong?’ You were curious about what was he looking at.

‘Nothing.’

‘Oh! I almost forgot! What is your name?’

‘Niel. Ahn Daniel’ He smiled brightly.

____________________________________________________________________________________

‘You always get the highest marks. I give up,’ you sigh, leaning back on Niel.

Niel always beat you in almost subject on the exams, and you always got lower marks than him.

‘Eyy~ you can’t give up, it’s still not too late to catch up. You just have to work harder,’ he advised.

‘Aish! It’s easy to say but not easy to do.’ You poked his arm a few times. ‘Your arm felt a little harder than before. Did I sound like a ert? Ha ha ha,’ you laughed and he smiled.

‘Stop it. It’s disgusting.’ Someone approached.

You and Niel both looked up.

‘Oh! Chunji oppa, what are you doing here?’ you asked curiously. He rarely met up with you or talked to you at school.

‘Why? Are you busy right now?’ he asked, putting his hands on the table. As usual, a group of girls at the back called his name and tried their best to seduce him, but he never cared about them.

‘They’re calling you. Aren’t you going to greet them back?’

‘You really know how to make a good joke, don’t you?’ he brushed your hair and you beamed.

‘I have something I need to talk to you about… but not here.’ His eyes darkened when they met Niel’s.

‘Just for a while, okay?’ you said.

You then looked at Niel, who was correcting his glasses again—he looked okay with it. You stood up and put your hand around Chunji’s.

‘Bye’ Chunji waved and winked to the group of girls before he left, causing them to squeal and scream excitedly.

‘Did you see that? He winked at me!’

‘No! He winked and waved at me, okay~!’

‘Oppa, stop it.’ You hit his arm, and he chortled.

‘What’s so interesting about that nerd? And honestly, I don’t really like to see you go around and hang out with him.’ Chunji slowly closed his hand around yours.

‘Why~?’ you asked teasingly, tilting your head. ‘Are you jealous?’

‘Of that boy? Not at all. He’s nothing.’

‘A boy who sits next to me in the class?’ You lifted your eyebrows.

‘Yeah, that one.’ He nodded.

‘Oh, he’s Niel.’

‘Ye, yeah, whatever, I don’t want to know his name. Why do I always see you hang out and go everywhere with him? Have you done something bad with him?’ he asked, frowning.

‘Oppa! I’m not like you. He’s kind of different, totally different and easy to be with. He’s totally opposite from you.’

‘Wait, are you telling me I’m a bad guy?’ he asked, and you nodded.

‘Totally a bad guy!’ You stick out your tongue at him and ran off.

‘You little kid! Don’t run!’ he shouted, running after you to try and catch you.

____________________________________________________________________________________

‘Annyeong!’ You waved to Niel as you entered the classroom.

He looked up and smiled. ‘Annyeong’.

‘Are you doing revisions right now?’ you asked, since you saw many books on his table.

‘No, I just bored and don’t know what to do. So I went to library and borrowed some books to read.’

‘Then, let’s go out together,’ you suggested, tugging his arm a little.

‘Now?’ he asked.

You nodded. ‘Yes, now.’ You pulled him again and took his bag.

‘Are we going to skip the class for today?’ he asked, slightly hesitant.

‘Don't worry, you’re already smart enough to not attend the class for today. Besides, we’re only going out like this once,’ you said and pinched his cheek.

He couldn’t resist you because of your cuteness when you smiled. He liked it the most when he saw you smile.

‘Okay, where are we going now?’ he asked.

‘To change you! We have to hurry or the bus will leave!’ You grabbed his hand and started to run towards the bus stop.

~~~~

‘Let see, what are we going to change first?’ you said, looking him up and down. ‘Yes, this. Take this out first.’ You took his glasses off, frowning at them.

‘But I can’t see clearly without them.’ He took his glasses back and placed them back on his face.

‘Yah! I’m not trying to make you unable to see, I’m just trying to find a better pair.’ You picked a different pair and showed them to him. ‘Yes, this one. You look much better than before.’

‘Are you sure?’ He looked himself in the mirror and fixed the glassed a few times.

~~~~
‘I think we need to change your clothing style too. Here, change it,’ you said, handing him a stack of clothes.

‘Change my clothes?’ he asked.

You breathed out heavily and smiled ‘Yes, your clothes, Mr Niel.’

While you waited for him to change, you looked for some more clothes for him. Soon, he came back out.

‘How do I look?’ he asked and pointed to himself.

You nodded and beamed. ‘You look really good. Much better.’

‘Like this? Is somebody gonna like me if I wear stuff like this?’

‘You ask a lot of questions, don't you?’ you teased, and he laughed.
____________________________________________________________________________________

‘Yay! I beat you!’ You hit Niel’s arm lightly and beamed.

‘You look so happy today.’ Niel smiled.

‘Of course I felt happy today! Do you want to know why?’ You turned to face him.

Is it because you got higher marks than me? Nah, I don’t think it’s because of that. But it worked; I got lower marks because I pretended not to know the right answer.

‘No, I don’t know. Why?’ he asked, lowering his book.

‘It’s because Chunji asked me to go on a date with him today. He said it’s going to be a special date between us.’ You stopped talking when you saw Niel stop reading for a bit.

‘Are you still listening to me? What’s wrong with you? Hey, you ruined the book.’ You pointed to the book that he was holding.

He looked down, realizing that the book was crinkled on the side that he was holding. He quickly fixed it back.

Oh, god. What’s made me so weird? What kind of feeling is this? I’ve never felt like this before.

It’s jealousy you idiot! One side of his mind whispered to him.

‘Let me help you.’ You took the book.

‘No, no thanks. I can do it myself.’ He took the book from you.