Chapter 1

Just My Luck [Hiatus]

 

_Aron P.O.V.__

"Okay class, take your seats," The teacher instructs, keeping the door slightly open and looking out of it a few times. "We have some important announcements today."

 

Jonghyun groans. "Great, this means more dumb new kids I'm sure..."

 

"Why is that so bad, JR?" I grin. "I'm sure there must be hot girls in this batch of newbies."

 

We whisper to each other about girls for a while before the teacher shushes us. "Now everyone, we have a new student here today. Please welcome Choi Minki."

 

Everyone stops talking when we see the new kid, her pretty blonde hair perfectly framing her pretty face. "Annyeonghaseyo..." She says as she looks around the class, her lips forming a slight pout. "I'm Minki, nice to meet you all."

 

"Damn" Is all JR can manage to say about her, but I completely understand what he's thinking. She's beautiful. By the end of the day, I'm sure the guys here'll be all over her.

 

The teacher disrupts our drooling over this Minki girl. "Minki, please take your seat in any empty desk you'd like."

 

"Nae..." The kid says, walking around the room for a second before putting her backpack down on the desk next to mine.

 

Jonghyun nudges me and gives me a smirk. Did this new kid fall for me already?

 

"Hey beautiful~" I start putting on the charm immediately, making sure those other guys can see that Kwak Aron is going to be the first one to get with this new girl.

 

Minki looks up from her notebook and scans me up and down before replying. "Hey."

 

'hey'? Just 'hey'? "I'm Aron," I say, trying again. "It's nice to meet you Minki."

 

"You too, I guess."

 

I can hear JR snickering behind me. Damn, this chick was difficult. "Um...your hair's really cute Minki-ah..."

 

This seems to get a small smile out of her. "Thank you."

 

"Anytime...s-so what brings you here?"

 

Minki puts down her stuff to look up at me. "I moved here from Busan over the summer."

 

Finally I was getting somewhere. "You know, I hear the girls from Busan are really beautiful."

 

"They are."

 

I can't help but chuckle. Ah, this little ice princess was really cocky, wasn't she?

 

"Hey, do you know Kang Dongho?" The smaller speaks up. "I thought he would be in this class, but he isn't..."

 

Kang Dongho? That Baekho dude? "I know him, he's not that great though." I reply honestly. Why did she know about that guy anyway?"

 

"Please, Aron's just jealous," One of the other girls in class-Lizzy, I think her name is-speaks up. "Dongho's really charming and cute, so all the girls really like him....unlike Aron."

 

"Shut up, would you?" I glare. "I was talking to Minki, not you."

 

"Oh...so Baekho gets lots of girls then....." the blonde asks, looking pretty miserable.

 

This makes Lizzy grin. "Oh I see~ you have a thing for Baekho-ah~" She chuckles and the younger girl blushes. "Don't worry about those other girls, he never dates anyone that tries to get with him."

 

I groan. "Why do chicks like him so much? It's obvious that he's gay, you know. They have no shot with him so they should just give up."

 

"Gay?" Minki repeats, a small smile forming on her lips. "That's interesting..."

__

 

"H-hey, Minki!"  I yell, running up to her in the cafeteria.  "Do ya wanna come sit by me at lunch?"

 

The blonde shakes her head. "No thanks. I'm busy."

 

JR pops up from behind me and throws her a pleading look. "But Minki, our table won't be complete without the new kid there~"

 

The youngest smiles-really smiles- for the first time around me. "It's kind to offer Jonghyun-hyung...b-but I'm going to go sit with Baekho..."

 

He nods. “Oh…so is Baekho your boyfriend or something?”

 

The question makes Ren blush. Ah, she was so cute when she blushed…”Ani, he’s just….um…he’s my next door neighbor, and so he’s really the only person I know around here…”

 

“Well you can always invite him to sit with us too,” Jonghyun suggests, and I elbow him in the ribs.

 

“No thanks,” I scoff. “Minki, you can come sit but Baekho…I don’t like that guy.”

 

Minki glares. “I’ve noticed…which is exactly why I’m not sitting with you. I don’t want to associate myself with complete jerks.”

 

I stand there, dumbfounded, as my ‘friend’ JR laughs like a maniac. “Who told you I’m a jerk?? That Baekho guy? Let me tell you something princess, that guy’s an idiot. Why don’t you just ditch him and come hang out with us?”

 

“Because you’re the idiot.” Is all she responds with, turning away from me. “And by the way…call me princess one more time and I’ll cut your off.”

 

He walks away and Jonghyun tries desperately to stop laughing. “Ohmygod…that was amazing! Super smooth too, Aron.”

 

“Shut up, pabo,” I glare, walking over to our table. “She has no idea what she’s talking about.”

 

“So does that mean you're over her already?” JR chuckles, sitting down at our usual spot.

 

“Ani,” I grin, “Now I want her even more….I swear to you…one day, Choi Minki will be mine.”

__

A/N: Finally done with the first chappy~! Mianhae it took a long time but I promise it’ll take less to update again~! <3

-gigi