Moving day!

Moving Mixup (Apply Closed)

Hey guys here's the first chapie written by my wonderful noona Fireflies :D *claps* isn't she great...now don't forget if you were chosen to comment or else you'll be evicted from your SHINee apartment...now please sit back and enjoy the images that are now playing on your brain T.V.

Love Dino Oppa~

 

The streets of downtown seemed to be cleaner than the night before; it had something to do with the overnight rain shower that had sputtered inconsistently, washing away the dust that had blown in over the week. 

A moving van, no larger than the size of a mini-van, drove through the hustle and bustle of downtown, windows wide open, and radio turned up.  I had chosen the station - much to the driver's dismay - and was now singing along to the songs that I knew, and even the ones I didn't.  All I knew was that I had just arrived from out of the country last night, and was on my way to my new apartment - the one that my parents had picked for me.  I just hoped that the rent wasn't too high!

"So, what brings you to town, Choi Minjee?"

The driver's chain-smoking voice pulled me out of my worries and back to the moment.  We were about ten minutes away from the apartment complex.

"I'd rather not talk about it."  It was way too early to be awake.  Seven in the morning is cruel enough on its own, but when added to a sleepless night of hurried packing, it became almost monstrous. 

The driver grunted in return. 

When the van pulled up to the entrance of the apartment building, there were already four other people waiting before me.  There were three other girls and one guy all looking nearly as tired as I felt.

The driver parked the van and slid out of his seat.  I followed suit and went to introduce myself to the group assembled before me.

"Hi," I bowed awkwardly, unused to the formality, "My name's Choi Minjee.  I hope that we can become good friends."

I tired to smile earnestly, but ended up failing.  What a morning...

The girl with bluntly cut bangs walked up to me and bowed.

"My name's Song Mirae, but you can call me Rae if you want.  It's nice to meet you Minjee!"  She smiled, and she seemed so bubbly and carefree that I couldn't help but to start to feel better with her around.

The boy came up next, his hair died a kind of cherry red and tied back from his eyes.

"I'm Jung Jaesun."  It was most likely the early hour of the morning that made his reply so short and almost cold. 

The other two girls were chatting animatedly amongst themselves, but through Mirae's chattering I found out that their names were Kim Heena - who had the wavy hair and a dreamy air about her - and Lee SoonJoo - whose outfit of combat boots and a denim shirt made me think artist. 

The landlady stepped out of the lobby and introduced herself as Miss Morgan.  She and her husband Winson had built the apartments a number of years before and they were so excited to have us stay.

"Unfortunately, I only have one apartment left,  But before you start complaining, it is the penthouse on the top floor, and because you're all young adults, I'll only charge you the same price as a smaller apartment for rent.  Do we have a deal?"

We all nodded in agreement.  A penthouse apartment for the same rent as a normal apartment?  No deal on Earth could be this good!

The driver of the van called to us, and the five of us started to unload our belongings and make our way up the elevator to our new lodgings. 

The door was already open from SoonJoo running ahead to open the door. 

I crossed the threshold and stared out of the windows.  It was an almost panoramic view of downtown Seoul, fresh and inviting.

Mirae was directing traffic as we brought the boxes and furniture into the apartment. 

"Leave the kitchen supplies here," was soon followed by "That's not the way to the bathroom!" as well as, "That's MY room!  Get out!"  (The last bit was from Heena when Jaesun tried claiming her room for himself.)

I brought up the last box, bound for my room, and Mirae closed the door behind me.

"Home sweet home," I muttered.  There was a lot of activity in the living room, from SoonJoo throwing styrofoam packing peanuts around to Jaesun searching - in vain - for his missing hair straightener.

Just then, as the five of us were unpacking, the front door opened behind us, followed by the sound of a heavy object dropping to the floor and a stream of what I took to be Korean swears.

I turned around cautiously to see a group of boys staring dumbfounded into the entrance.

There was a stunned silence as ten people tried to understand what was going on.

It was Mirae who broke the silence.

"Hi," she smiled, "I'm Song Mirae."

One of the boys managed an awkward half smile and a wave.

"Hi," he replied, "I'm Lee Jinki.  Why are you in our apartment?"

I was a little lost.

"What do you mean, your apartment?  We were here first!"

Lee Jinki shook his head.

"As leader of Shinee, I personally booked this apartment for the band."

Wait a sec, I thought, did he just say Shinee?