67

Now and Then: Our Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You slumped your way to school the next day and it passed by as usual except that Byunghun wasn’t at school today.
*Why is he- Snap out of it Hyerin. It’s none of your business anymore.* You mentally slapped yourself.
Suddenly, your phone buzzed.
You looked at the screen to see a new message.
You opened it and stared at the unknown number. *Whose number is this?*
Shrugging it off, the message read: ‘Noona, meet me at the back of the gym after school. -Jeongmin’
*So it’s Jeongmin.* You unconsciously smiled at the text. *What could he be up to.*

_____

After school, you had informed Eunji beforehand that you’d be staying back for a while. so So she went ahead.

You arrived at the meeting spot and waited for Jeongmin as you plopped yourself beneath the tree.
A figure ran towards you.
“Noona!” He reached you, breathless. “Mian. Practice ended late.”
You shook your head and smiled.
“Come on noona. I’ll send you home.” He extended a hand to you.
You looked at him with a confused look but took his hand anyways.
“You didn’t want to talk about anything?” You said as dusted your skirt.
He bit his lip. “I’ll tell you on the way.”


_____


You tossed and turned in your bed.
What Jeongmin said rang in your head.

 

‘That time when you fell down the stairs, the one who actually caught you was LJoe-sunbae.’

*It can’t be.* You shook your head in disapproval.

 

‘But he told me to lie.. I don’t know why he asked me to though.. I’m sorry for having kept it a secret noona.'

*Maybe.. He wanted Jeongmin to lie because he hates me that much now?*

 

‘Even though he sprained his wrist, he still held onto you for a long time. He was even the one who carried you to the clinic. Not me..’

You bit your lip, trying to push away any hopeful thoughts you had.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter