01

That Bast.rd

 

“So what now?”

Sitting at the corner of G-Latte, Yubin opened the conversation with so much irritation. The guests were many and Jiyong was busy checking here and there for the sake of his own shop, that’s why he wasn’t with them. Beside that’s why their table was still empty despite of a vase decoration on it.

Sunye wandered around, ignoring Yubin’s question cause she knew where it will lead. She was busy looking  and complementing the whole aspect of the building, even she admired the aprons which Jiyong’s employees wore. “Simply elegant.” She said and smiled to the one of the waitress, nodded at her uniform.

“Hey girls!” Came in rush a slender guy with his half casual half formal fashion, bringing four cups of latte then placed them on the table deftly. “And hi to you too, Seunghyun.” He added quickly before the guy who sat beside Yubin felt offended. Seunghyun was known as Yubin’s forever soulmate. How naughty Yubin or tricky Seunghyun be, they would reunite again as couple.

“Yo Ji.”

“Thanks Ji.”

“Thank you Jiyong.”

Pulling the chair beside Sunye so Jiyong was sitting faced Yubin, they three started tasting the latte. Jiyong grinned as he was watching his friends drinking inside the cup one by one.

“Great, right?” He asked as soon as Sunye placing back her cup. A wide grin still plastered on his face.

“Ack!” Yubin’s squeak turned Jiyong’s attention from Sunye. Yubin made a face as looking at Jiyong with unhappy expression. “So creamy! Are you sure you’re selling coffee?!”

Yubin and her blunt. Her harsh blunt.

“Oh?”

Sunye and Jiyong unconditionally said together. They faced each other then smiled sweetly, knowing where the part was goin wrong. Then they turned their head to look at Yubin.

“What?!” She yelled as response.

Sunye chuckled. “I think yours is my order unnie, because mine is the bitter one.”

“Haha yeah, sorry girls, I forgot to give a mark at your cups.”

“Mark? I think you opened the coffeeshop Jiyong, why must be this creamy?” Yubin hadn’t finished her complain. “You should taste it by yourself, this had zero caffeine you know.” She handed her creamy latte to Jiyong.

“Sunye hates coffee, that’s why.”

Jiyong’s answer came out easily as he let out simple smile. But of course his easiness made the three of his friends felt uneasy.

Yubin placed back her cup. “Oh.” She said blankly. She turned her head to her lover then whisper. “See? How sweet is he?”

Seunghyun just rolled his eyes. I hate sweets. He said to himself. Because you aren’t the sweet type girl either, Yubin, that’s why.

“Ahem.” Sunye desperately wanted to escape from the awkwardness. “Sorry unnie.” She apologized sincerely, as if the whole mistake in this world was her fault. “This, you want to take mine or I order another one for you?”

Now was Seunghyun’s turn to take a revenge. He leaned closer to Yubin’s head and muttered softly. “See? How sweet is she?”

Yubin jerked her head, ignoring him.

“That’s okay Sunye, we can exchange our cups.”

But that couldn’t happen.

“Minji-ah!” Jiyong called out one of the waitress. “Please make this two ladies order again. And make sure you marked the cup with creamy inside.” He told the young cheerful waitress with so much authority.

Yubin scoffed as Minji walked back to the counter.

“That’s okay Jiyong,” Sunye shook her head in disagreement. “Beside she is busy serving other guests.”

“Show off much, Kwon Jiyong?”

“I just can’t let Sunye to have your remains, Yubin.” Jiyong answered and grinned. And he welcomed Seunghyun when he offered his hand to make high-five. They laughed freely under Yubin’s glare.

“Guys, stop it.” Sunye said, defending her unnie. “Jiyong, you can’t make an allies with Seunghyun to attack his girlfriend, you know.”

“Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Despite mocking and insulting me you should thank to me, if it’s not my reminder, Sunye would forget and never came to your shop-opening today!”

Yubin and her blunt. This time her honest blunt. It immediately stopped Jiyong’s laugh.

Jiyong faced Sunye with gloomy expression. “Really? Sunye? Why?”

Darn you, unnie! Sunye cursed under her breath. She looked at Yubin who already giving her apologetic eyes. Being an angel herself, of course Sunye forgave her easily.

She took a deep breath and faced Jiyong.

“That’s not it, Jiyong.”

“Excuse me, here the orders. I put a note where is the creamy one and the espresso.” Interruption came as Minji brought their orders. She smiled brightly and left politely after placing the cups on the table.

“Thank you.” Sunye said as avoiding Jiyong’s gaze. “Look, our orders has come unnie!” She somewhat had to make her voice much higher and happier, pointing out the cups with one one of them had CREAMY written on it.

“Oh yeah.” Yubin rolled her eyes, lazily grabbed her order.

Seunghyun cleared his throat as nudged Yubin lightly at her hand. He signaled her to look at Jiyong who stared at Sunye deeply. All seriousness was on his face.

Sunye caught their eyes and turned to look at the guy beside her. Without a word, Jiyong’s gaze pierced her eyes directly.

“Jiyong, look, that’s not like that.” Sunye spoke up.

Jiyong stayed still, he even didn’t blink at once.

“U-uh guys?” Seunghyun once again cleared his throat. Though Sunye happily turned to him directly, Jiyong still had his eyes on her. “I think Yubin and I have to—uuh, have to go now.”

“Huh? Why? Where?” Yubin asked in puzzled and earned hard squeeze on her hand before Seunghyun dragged her to go out from the shop. “Yah!” Yubin’s shout still could be heard from their table earlier.

Sunye sighed. Why can’t they help me just once? She hated when just Jiyong and her left alone, to talk. Yes, Jiyong may just friend, her best friend, like Yubin whom Sunye met at college three years ago. Then she was able to know Seunghyun too, Yubin’s soulmate since high school though their relationship was on and off. From Seunghyun, she knew Jiyong, a year ago, as Seunghyun’s partner in crime. Though just in one year Jiyong had already knew her so well. He even had confessed to her once.

That’s what made Sunye uneasy every time just two of them left alone. He liked her. When Sunye’s heart just belong to one person, Ok Taecyeon.

When Sunye met Yubin first, Ok Taecyeon used to hang around Yubin frequently. Yubin said she met him at first college meeting then they became friend. Taecyeon never hesitated to help Yubin and always be her side when she needed him. Sunye became his fans since then, probably.

Her wish to be his girlfriend one day, finally granted three months ago. At the exact time Jiyong asked her out.

“You would not attend this shop_MY shop opening?” Jiyong asked her in disbelief tone. And disappointed face.

Sunye sighed. “I would. Look, now I’m here, right?” Being an angel was hard, you know? You wanted to please everybody around you but that was impossible.

Had no response, Sunye desperately explained.

“Taec and I got a long hiatus in our relationship, we couldn’t meet each other because he had work. Today I asked if he was free and he said yes, so we made a plan to date today. But now I’m here, you see? I came here to see your shop opening, Jiyong.”

A year was enough time to know Sunye in and out. Jiyong knew Sunye would gladly ditch him just for that bastard, though she made proper excuse as an alibi.

“And why is that?” Dry, Jiyong asked her in the calmest tone as he could.

“Why is what?”

“Why you’re here when you have a date with that bast—Ok guy?”

Sunye blushed. She caught in act. She felt guilty for leaving aside her best friend but she couldn’t help loving Taecyeon much more. Taecyeon was her dream guy. Sunye remembered clearly the reason why she was in love with him, when he treated Yubin with so much acts gentleman would do. However, he never noticed her when around Yubin. But now he finally noticed her right? That wasn’t a big deal then.

“Jiyong, Taecyeon is a good guy. Don’t call him like he isn’t one.” It was just a statement to make Jiyong forgetting his question.

Tensed up, not expecting she was so defensive, Jiyong tapped the table impatient. “He isn’t.”

Sunye squinted her eyes, looked unpleased. She wanted to avoid Jiyong digging her reason but she didn’t expect him to bad-mouth her boyfriend_again.

“Are you holding some grudge to Taecyeon, Ji?”

Jiyong jerked his head, alarmed. Of course he held a grudge on that bastard for having the girl he loved so much, but Sunye called him ‘Ji’. She rarely called him ‘Ji’, which meant her mood was pretty bad now. And whose fault was that? Him.

He stared pair of eyes that he could find calm and convenience every time he looked at. However, it didn’t happen this time. All disappointment and hurt showed on pretty eyes of Sunye.

“Sorry.” He mumbled. Jiyong could never let her hurt. “My bad.”

And they fell on the uncomfortable silent.