New beginnings

People change, but feelings don't || STAR sequel

“Song Eunji” the crowd cheered on her name as she finished her third song of the night, she couldn’t stop smiling at how popular she was, it was as if she was dreaming. She bowed to the crowd as they through roses on stage to her, one it her hard on the head but she ignored the pain of it, but then another one hit her and another. She ran back stage and went into her dressing room, “Eunji” he manager said grabbing her shoulders and shaking her back and forth, “Eunji, are you there” he asked, Eunji looked at him confused but she didn’t know how to answer him.

“Song Eun Ji wake up this moment” he yelled bopping her on the head, the pain was enough for Eunji to close her eyes, but this time when she opened them she was in class with her teacher standing in front of her desk. Eunji rubbed her head where she had been tapped several times. “Class dismissed, everyone but Eunji may leave” the teacher scolded her then turned and walked back to the front of the class.

“Ya you need to stop falling asleep in class, you’re gonna get beat again” Eunji’s friend Jiseok said, Eunji sighed and put all her books away, “See you out side” Jiseok left and slammed the door shut behind him. “That is the third time this week Miss Song, I am getting sick of your nonsense” Eunji yawned and stretched her arms and legs, “I’m sorry, I’ve just been really tired lately” she shrugged, grabbing her bag and heading towards the door. “Where do you think you’re going” the teacher asked

“To lunch” Eunji shrugged, her teacher shook her head and pointed towards the black board, “You’re going to clean the dusters and write out lines” the teacher smiled smugly, Eunji picked up the dusters, she looked at them then at the teacher. “No thanks” Eunji threw the dusters on the ground, her teacher was furious.

“Where were you during last spell” Jiseok asked, “I mean I knew you were going to miss lunch but not last spell” Eunji was silent, she had both hands in her pockets and she kept her head held low, Jiseok gave up on the questions and they silently walked to their usual spot after school. “I’m going home” Eunji said her voice was dull and blunt, she turned and crossed the road unexpectedly and Jiseok ran after her.

“But—““I’m going home” Eunji said coldly, Jiseok shook his head and grabbed her by the shoulders. “Song Eunji, tell me what your problem is or I’ll…I’ll” Jiseok tried to think of something but nothing would come to him. “Or you’ll what” Eunji coldly laughed then walked towards the stairs she walked up to get to her house.

“Eunji” Jiseok grabbed her wrist and felt a small lump, Eunji looked at him with wide eyes, and they both froze for a moment. Jiseok slowly pulled Eunji’s hand out of her pocket and pulled her top’s sleeve revealing to red lines across her wrists and two on her hands. Jiseok looked at her shocked she didn’t say anything to him. “What did you do to deserve this” he asked, Eunji sat down on the steps,

“It’s nothing” she shrugged pulling her sleeve back over the marks. “Is this what the teacher done to you” Jiseok asked sitting down next to her, Eunji was silent “I said it’s nothing” Jiseok shook his head “If it was nothing, you wouldn’t be like this, I’m your best friend Eunji” Jiseok and Eunji had been best friends since she started High School, all the members of STAR had gone to different High Schools, their parents wanted to pick the perfect education for them and not be distracted easily.

“I refused to do what the teacher said so she made me hold my hands out and she hit me twice on each and wrist then I had to clean the dusters and the mess on the floor I made” Eunji winced remembering the pain but felt a little better after getting it off her chest, she’d rather tell Jiseok than anyone. You are probably wondering about Eunji and Ren but we’ll get to that a little later,

Eunji and Jiseok ended up walking to Eunji’s house and hung out in her room. Eunji’s walls had many photos and posters of her favourite idols and some of Seohyun, one wall was a mural she painted herself, it had taken her many month but she recently finished it. “It looks good” Jiseok said pointing at her wall while lying down on her bed, Eunji smiled and sat on her chair. Jiseok looked around Eunji’s room and saw the poster of NU’EST, he sat up and examined it carefully,

“Which one is Ren again” he asked, Eunji pointed Ren out and Jiseok chuckled then nodded his head “That’s right, he’s the girly looking one” Eunji threw a pillow at him, “Hey, don’t be mean” Jiseok shrugged then laid back down putting his hands behind his head “I don’t get why you still like him, I mean after he just dumped you no sweat” Eunji sighed remembering their last conversation.

“I’ve missed you” Eunji said happy to see Ren after a long time, it was close to their anniversary, they recently had a fight and had just made up the other day, the only difference with this fight was compared to their others was that some serious things were said from one another. “Me too” Ren said he looked happy but his voice was dull. “I have something to give you” Ren said handing Eunji an envelope, he had written her a letter, “Don’t read it until I’m gone” he said, Eunji was confused but tucked it away in her back pocket forgetting about it until the right time came.

“We both agreed on having a break, no one dumbed anyone” Eunji bluntly said, Jiseok shrugged not caring, he didn’t like NU’EST very much, especially Ren after he broke up with Eunji.

“I’m hungry” Jiseok smirked sitting up straight, Eunji rolled her eyes then got up from her seat, “Come on” she said, Jiseok happily followed her, they went to the local convenience store and bought some noodles, they ate them there next to the window. “It’s been almost a year since you and Ren agreed on taking a break yet…you still haven’t read that letter he gave you” Jiseok said slurping up more noodles,

Eunji paused then looked at him suspiciously “How do you know I haven’t read it yet” Jiseok shrugged “I was cleaning up your room for you and it fell out your jean pocket and it was unopened so I just put it back and put the away” Eunji was even more confused “Why were you cleaning my room” Jiseok shrugged “It was messy and you were asleep so I thought I’d be nice” he chuckled small drops of noodle juice falling onto the table.

Eunji smiled and continued eating the noodles. After they ate they Jiseok walked Eunji home then went back to his brother’s house which was just 2 blocks away. Eunji’s parents were still out at work so Eunji decided to watch some TV. She saw the washing basket next to the door; she picked it up and began folding it while watching a drama. She put the washing into separate piles, she noticed a pair of jeans and pulled them out, they were the ones that had the letter in them, she searched through the back pockets and found the dark green envelope still there, she pulled it out, it had discoloured slightly but it still looked in a good condition. She took a deep breath then slowly opened the letter.

“So you read the letter” Ren asked seeming happy but nervous at the same time, Eunji was about to tell him she forgot but he cut her off “Well did you” Eunji was really curious about why he is like this

“Yes” she simply said, she didn’t like to lie but she wanted to know what he was going on about. “So you’re not mad” he asked, Eunji went along with it…even though she didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. “Nope” Eunji shook her head, “Not one bit” Ren asked, Eunji continued to shake her head, Ren’s expression changed “So you’re happy about it” he asked his voice becoming lower, Eunji giggled “most definitely”  Ren scoffed “Well…I never knew you wanted it this way” Eunji stopped acting now and was serious, she saw Ren was upset now but didn’t know how to fix it “Maybe we should’ve done this a long time ago” Ren coldly said while walking off,

Eunji was surprised, “Done what” she yelled after him, Ren turned around and looked at her, he thought she was making a joke out of it but she was really confused “Broken up” Ren yelled back then walked off leaving Eunji speechless, she slowly walked home not knowing if he was joking or not. After that day Eunji forgot about the letter not wanting to open, she didn’t want to know what it said she was upset enough she didn’t need anything else to ruin her day. This was also the night her parents decided to move her to a different school.

“Dear my beloved Eunji

The time we’ve spent together as a couple have been some of the best days of my life. You are different from other girls and that’s something that will make me always have a special place for you in my heart. We may have had our ups and downs but we always got through them together and now I have something terrible to tell you—“

Eunji paused there her smile had disappeared and she knew what was coming, she hoped he had written some sort of explanation. “Things have become difficult with studying and practicing in the studio, I have no time to see you anymore and I don’t want you to feel like I am ignoring or trying to keep my distance from you. I thought long and hard about things I could do to stop this and the only thing I could think of is…to end things between us.

I’m truly sorry. Please don’t hate me

Love, Ren”

Eunji didn’t know what to think; the last time she and Ren had talked they argued and well ended things. She decided to forget about the letter and have shower before she went to bed.

“Eunji-ah” Eunji slowly opened her eyes letting out a long yawn, once her eyesight was clear she sat up in shock when she was met 4 familiar faces. “What are you all doing here” she asked stretching her arms. “We have practice” Ji Young said plopping herself on the bed, she picked up a photo of Jiseok and Eunji on their first day of the school year,

“Who’s this” Ji Young asked with a sly look, “Not important” Eunji simply said putting the photo back on its stand, “Where’s Hyomin unnie” Eunji asked getting out of bed and getting her practice clothes on. “She’s down stairs with your umma” Soo Ji picked out Eunji’s uniform and gave it an odd look, “This is what you have to wear to school” Eunji nodded while slipping a baggy jumper over her head, Soo Ji scrunched her face up and put it back on its hook. Eunji quickly fixed her hair in the mirror and grabbed her bag, “Let’s go” she said leading the others back down stairs,

“Annyeong Haseyo” Eunji said greeting Hyomin and her mother, “Good luck at training girls” her mother smiled, they all bud their goodbyes then left. “Eunji-ah” Eunji was just about to get in the car when she saw Jiseok, he ran towards her dressed for school, “Are you not coming today” he asked disappointed, Eunji shook her head “I have to go to the studio” she pointed to the others in the van who were pretending not to listen to their conversation. “Oh…do you want me to bring home your homework” Eunji nodded and gave him a short hug, “Gomawo oppa” she yelled before shutting the van door, the van drove off and Jiseok smiled then walked off to school. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I said I was going to do one shots for each of you so the first 6 chapters will be about one character and well Eunji started things off ^^ I hope you like it~~~ and is it long enough? or should I write them a bit longer...