Chapter 1 - Confrontation

Model Agent

 

"Yah! I told you! I'm not going to!" A feminine voice echoed prominently thought the restaurant. Kris braced himself, keeping his eyes on the flimsy pages before him. He wasn't one to be a busy body, but the melodramatic couple was making it all too easy to eavesdrop. Apart from that it seemed like a dangerously heated conversation too.

Taking advantage of the silence he scanned the pages. 'Fashion Designer?' he arched a brow. This would have to be the first undercover one he'd be taking. He returned his attentive ears to the couple.

"Jongin, we were happy once..." her voice trailed a bit, leaving Kris on the restrained edge of his seat. "But it was a long time ago you have to understand. We we're stupid back then!" The girl stood up abruptly from her seat sending the piercing sound of the chair across the floorboards to penetrate his ears.

"But Yuri-yah. That's all the more reason. I've changed!" He insisted mimicking her up-right stance, reaching for her wrist. Kris stifled a smirk from his peripheral gaze. He didn't have any intention on making his interest in their love game explicitly obvious. Pulling the coffee mug to his lip he continued to listen in. The aggravated woman slapped the back of the boy's palm, causing Kris to flinch. That didn't sound all too soft.

The taller male yelped, yielding his hand for inspection. "The industry must've made you strong, you're not such a push over after all," he spoke wryly shaking his hand mockingly. Kris looked up from his portfolio, gazing momentarily around to find the place almost empty; the only occupants being the caters. The girl huffed, folding her arms across her chest. 

"Maybe you've just gone weak," she growled striding towards the door. It seemed although the boy had realised his greasy tongue and quickly followed. "You know I was kidding Yul, please." "For the last time, we're done. We've been done for a long time. We'll never be, ever again..... Anyways, I have a boyfriend already." She glowered. Kris smirked silently, eyeing the girl's posture. 'Liar' he trilled inwardly. Her slouched back made her charade all too apparent to him, not to mention the slight shake in her voice.

The oblivious Jongin boy raised his brow. "Oh, then I can change your mind. What kind of man would let his woman have a romantic rendezvous at a restaurant with an ex?" The victimized girl lowered her eyes, avoiding her vying lover's to settle on Kris. 

"Not, my boyfriend because he came. He's been here all along," she pointed in Kris' direction passed Jongin's shoulder. In a swift movement the dark haired boy's eyes met with Kris' and a sudden jolt of surprise hit him. "Excuse me?" Kris asked dangerously in a low voice. It seemed the dark haired boy had taken his comment which was directed to the lady, also in the process, mis-interepting his discomfort for intimidation too. 

"I- I see," he stammered. "I'm not one to be a coward and give up, but I'll leave you for now. You'll be back, I know it." He flashed his canines and walked out the glass door. To him, he may have looked dignified but Kris couldn't push the resemblance the spiky haired punk had with a defeated wolf, running off with its tail between its legs.

Still stationed in his seat the girl approached him apprehensively. They exchanged awkward glances, which allowed him to fully take in her profile. She had deep chocolate eyes and wavy locks the framed her face perfectly. 'A healthy figure' he noted, refraining from lingering on her body. He wasn't one to be a ert or anything..... it was just....His examination was abruptly interrupted by a invigorated bow. "Thank you and sorry!" He deciphered through her spur.

She seated herself on the wooden seat directly opposite him. Remaining quiet he sipped his coffee in amusement. He was known at headquarters for being the conversation killer, it'd be interesting watching her resilient personality die with each sentence. "I sincerely hope you'll forgive me," she nodded. Kris blinked with a poker face plastered. "There is nothing to be forgiven," he commented which brightened her eyes. "I'm glad!" she giggled followed by a long silence. Had he killed it?

"Is there anything you want to ask me?" she asked breaking the tranquility. He coughed politely to the side masking his discomfort. 'Why would I want to ask you anything? Why would you want be to be acquainted with the situation?' Kris muttered inwardly. Leisurely he leaned forward across the table closing the cream portfolio securely. "Who was that guy? Background details preferred." A chill ran down the girl's spine. It had somehow turned from an innocent conversation into something more like an interrogation.

"He was my old boyfriend from high school. A real play boy. I know, it sounds pretty stupid of me to even associate myself, but it was high school," she froze for a moment, "we were stupid." Kris would've thought as much. She choked a laugh. "Funny how I'm telling you so much." 'But you're the one who volunteered.' Kris thought slightly irked. The silence Kris had so anticipated lapsed the air once again.

"I'll guess I'll leave now," a sweat drop trickled down the girl's forehead. As expected, he wasn't one to keep a conversation going was he? Quickly delving her hand into her pocket she placed a dainty business card onto the table. Smiling weakly she bowed once again, before turning tail and leaving. "If you ever need help, you can just call or meet up directly." She beamed.

As the tinkering of the door bells receded, Kris found himself with the card in hand, examining it skeptically. He rubbed the paper anxiously between his thumb and forefinger. Something about the insignia looked all too familiar. The wisteria cascading the letters were all too unique and original it couldn't be mistaken for anything else. He had seen it before, just vaguely. A sudden realisation hit him as he opened the folder to find his next investigation with the same logo crested on the pages.

"Kwon Yuri," he let the words roll from his tongue languidly. The image looked identical to the girl he had just met briefly.

This would be all too interesting.


Leave a comment and subscribe! Yay first chapter's done!! Who knows when the next one'll be up :D

Thank you to everyone who subscribed! Very very very appreciated!