A Little Insight

After the Accident

Hello, my name is Yoo Changhyun! I used to be part of a group called 'TeenTop', but that ended years ago after an accident happened. 

   I went to school for a while after the accident, but I stopped going again because everyone-- even the teacher!-- ignored me. Sometimes I could hear the kids talking about me. I left the room before they said anything more than my name and the accident. No one cared. 
   Things weren't much better at home either. My family grew depressed and shut me out. No one wanted anything to do with me anymore. It was like I had done something wrong. 
   I now stay at home and don't try talking to anyone. I stay in my room and think about how much fun I used to have. I used to visit the guys when I felt lonely, but I think they were mad at me. They wouldn't talk to me or even look at me. Just like school, I eventually stopped going there too. 
   That's okay though, tomorrow's going to be a great day for me! I heard the guys were going to pay me a visit. I guess they aren't mad anymore.      
   Although, I still don't think they'll notice me. I just can't wait to see everyone together again. I've heard that sometimes they visit each other, but not much now that they've all moved on and are busy with they're lives. 
   Guess what? Byunghun hyung's a father now! A father to twins, in fact. I was there in the hospital long enough to see them, but I didn't have time to stay to find out both of their names. I was really happy to find out that he named one of them after  me. 
   Byunghun's also a pianist and a song writer now. Everything he's composed since the accident has been really sad though, and he wasn't even able to write anything happy for the birth of his sons. 
   Jonghyun's got kids too. Well, just one.  A daughter, and she's the cutest thing ever! She's the center of his whole world. 
   He now teaches different forms of self defense and he's his daughter's bodyguard. I think he'll have a hard time giving her away to some other guy when she's older. 
   Niel hyung, Chanhee hyung and Minsoo hyung all went solo, however sometimes they'll get together and perform songs that Byunghun hyung wrote. 
   None of them have time for families and I honestly don't think that Minsoo hyung's new lifestyle would work very well with a family. Actually, I KNOW it wouldn't. 
   He became a real player. Every night a different woman in his bed, you wouldn't believe how many woman claim to be pregnant with his children. 
   He goes clubbing every weekend and gets totally smashed at least twice a month. That's why Byunghun hyung and Jonghyun cut off contact with him. They're afraid to let him near their kids. 
   There isn't really much to say about Niel hyung and Chanhee hyung. They're both super successful, and single. 
   I guess that's all I have to say! I'm going to go and get ready for tomorrow, annyeong!
 
~No one's POV~
  
   The last member of the group that used to be TeenTop slowly stepped out of his car and joined the others. Everyone looked around, unsure of what to do. 
   CAP sobered up for the occasion. L.Joe and Changjo brought their kids. 
   It was mid-December and snow was falling lightly A cold wind pierced anyone that was unfortunate enough to be outside. The group of people gathered, however, did not mind. 
   Niel took a deep breath. Chunji's eyes darted around the semi-circle. Changjo had a death grip on his daughter's hand and was pulling her close to him. L.Joe was trying to tie one of his sons' shoes while simultaneously trying to fix the other's clothing so he wouldn't get sick. 
   CAP shifted his feet and cleared his throat. Everyone stopped what they were doing. 
   "I... guess I'll start," he said hoarsely. 
   All eight heads turned toward the grave.  The headstone read: 
   'In loving memory of Yoo Changhyun. May his spirit rest in piece and a little of his legacy live on in all of us. '
   Changjo's daughter tugged on his sleeve. 
   "Who's that guy?" she pointed to a place behind the grave. 
   "There's no one there, now hush," he scolded. 
   She opened to protest, but CAP began to speak once again. 
   "Five years ago-- five long long years ago-- we lost a dear friend to a terrible accident. An accident too horrible to even describe. We tried our best to help him but it was useless. When the ambulance arrived, they informed us that he had died during the impact. Our attempts to bring him back to consciousness had failed, not because we hadn't tried hard enough, but because he was already dead..."
   The children had stopped paying attention to the speech almost as soon as it started, instead paying attention to the young man, unnoticed by any of the adults, behind the gravestone making faces at them.... 
 
 
A/N: Hey guys, sorry I kinda ripped out your hearts and stomped on them in this fic. And I hope you'll forgive me for any mistakes ^^