She Gave Me Wings

Chocolate Wings

 

“Ah! Watch out where you’re going with that! Aren’t those hot?” A man said while pointing to the tray in the young man’s hand.

“Hyung! Mianhae! Mian~” He said to one of the manager hyungs as he ran with the white styrofoam cup filled with four hot coffee from Starbucks.

He ran from the entrance of the building to the elevator hallway. He pressed the up button repeatedly but the damn elevators were too slow to descend. He got impatient and settled on using the stairs.

Today was the day after so long of not seeing each other; he was going to meet her again. He was so excited that and he did not know the why behind it. They had been very busy promoting their new songs and album everywhere they could; they only receive legit updates regarding anything related to their company from their managers.

He was thinking about meeting her all week. She’s finally going to be there at their practice room with her group members. He had brought souvenirs from every place they had held their concert for the girls but always, he had something a little more special or meaningful for her.

Ahh… I’m going crazy.

Delirious and crazy, well, that’s not a good combination. What was he doing, really?

She’s not even my girlfriend.

That thought struck him down hard and slowed his running to a slow walk.

But in all seriousness… What was he doing to himself? He knows he felt all jittery and absurdly happy when he saw the moments of him and this Idol noona over the internet researched by the fans or on the DVD releases from their concerts.

Suddenly, the clear glass door was in front of him. He heard voices through the closed door and hers were the most distinctive one. He did not know if it was because he was used to research everything related about her that he memorized her voice from the videos, from all the years of crushing on her, from the many years of hanging out with her.

He even knew her schedules, knows her favourite places, and could guess what she was doing at certain times in a day.

Word has it that if you have a crush for someone for more than four months, you are as good as in love.

So was that it? Was he really in love with her?

To his surprise, the door was suddenly pulled open. In doing so, it revealed a very hyper and happy noona. Her hair draped to her right shoulder with the shaved portion of the head showing.

“Daesung-ah!” She said loudly and a little hurriedly as she saw him. Turning people’s attention over to the two.

He could not help but to smile back although his heart was thumping against his ribs thinking about the beautiful noona.

“Yah, Daesung-hyung! What are you doing stuck there? Dara-noona has to go to the toilet!” Seungri said out loud, at the other end of the room. “She has too pee!” He said in a very audible whisper causing people in the studio to laugh.

Ah… This punk’s already here, huh? Looks like I’m not the only one excited to meet the girls.

Or a specific girl, in his case.

“Oh, mianhae noona.” He said as he stepped to the side to let the noona pass. With a mischievous glint in his eyes, he called out to the noona, “Dara-noona, hold it as much as you can! This floor’s toilet is under maintenance! Use other floor’s toilet.”

“Are you serious? No~” was the response he got, the “o” growing faint as she ran to any of the floor available.

“Eeh? Really? Because it wasn’t out of order when I went there ten minutes ago,” came from a woman on the bench nearest to the door.

There she was. The so called Chun Yeosa, The Lady Spring, the milky-white skinned noona with her full lips, cute cat-smile and looking very attractive with her famous tank-top and shorts wear. Her legs were no joke. It was as long as the Nile River and beautiful as if it was carved from porcelain. Her hair was fixed in a messy bun with the tendrils of the pink colour showing like a fan.

Park Bom.

“You’re just messing with Dara, weren’t you, Daesung-ie?” She said, turning to me, hand close to her face with her index finger pointing at me.

I feigned a scared look and exaggerated shaking and stuttering. “A-aniyo! W-what do you m-mean, Bommie-noona?”

She smiled widely as I had hoped she would. “Daesung-ie~”, she chided in a playful way, “You know I’m the only one that can bully Dara speechless.”

“Ara, ara.” He said, grinning so widely his cheek started to feel a little bit hurt.

To cover his bright glow from feeling entirely too happy, he went to the noona and set the tray from his hand to the large space next to Park Bom, and took a seat next to her.

“Coffee, noona?” He offered. And when she hesitated a bit, he felt a little hurt.

But you’re looking extremely tired. I’m surprised that you’re even here on time.

“C’mon, you guys are going to be here all day anyways. Might as well fill up.” He tried to coax her into drinking the coffee. “I bought doughnuts~”

Her eyes lit up at the mention of ‘doughnuts’ and softly said, “I guess that makes sense,” as she cautiously took a cup of coffee and plain doughnut.

He smiled and looked the noona sipping from her cup and took a bite of the pastry. Oh wow, she was utterly beautiful with her eyes blissed out and exceptionally cute when she sighs in contentment.

“Hurry and finish it off, noona. Hwangssabu-nim might come around to check up on you.” He said, as he remembered her strict diet. “But there’s more, if you want. So, palli! Palli!”

“Daesung-ah… Do you want me to eat or not? Telling me to hurry finish one off and then offer another one. Don’t torture your noona like this.” She said, lips pouting.

He chuckled at Bommie, and then unknowingly just stared at her full lips. They were red and tantalizingly luscious.

­What would it feel like to be the one to make it swollen with his kisses and to know that they were his and his only?

To be the man that gets to steal kisses from her unknowingly, sharing secret smiles when they were across the room from each other, giving strength to each other just by looking at him/her?

It would be great. Awesome, some might say. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious will be the absolute definition.

He felt like he was getting closer and closer as the seconds passes by. As he caught himself, he leaned his head on the Bommie’s shoulder to cover up his almost-kissing-her act. Her body stiffened for a second and then relaxed.

“Daesung-ah…” She said softly.

“De, noona?” He replied.

But there were only silence, he looked up at her face and her expression was something of an understanding. Now, that kinda shocked him a little bit.

Do you know about my feelings, Park Bom-noona?

Did she somehow sum it out altogether? But he has always been extra careful around the noona for as long as he remembered. Has she found out through the little gifts he anonymously gave to her? Or the fact that he had maybe paid a little more attention to her than the other girls. Or that somehow, they always ended up hanging out together, whether it was in rehearsals for concerts or just in the building, maybe?

Maybe she had always known but just did not want to embarrass him. Or that she knows he was just going to get rejected, by her. He definitely did not want to be in one of Park Bom’s list of rejected males.

Not after an awkward one like the famous SUJU’s Siwon-sshi incident. Now, that was embarrassing.

As he motioned for her to carry on, she just smiled. It was gentle and rather adorable.

“Gumawo,” she said softly.

They stayed like that for a moment; her eating and drinking, him with his phone to check in-coming messages (which happened to be a lot).

“Hyung~ Ah! Coffee!” Seungri said, approaching (attacking, more likely) them with a hand outstretched for a cup coffee and another for the doughnut.

“Noona~ you’re so chubby already. Exercise more than the others, yeah?” Seungri exclaimed, putting up an aegyo. Ignoring her glare, he continued, “If you work hard enough, you might even get this and wear midriff clothes all the time,” showing his hard packed abs.

She stuck out her tongue and gave him her back as she continued eating her doughnuts.

“Ahh… Noona~” Seungri pleaded as he realised that he really made her mad.

To no avail, Park Bom ignores him. Seungri gave up and sat beside Daesung.

“Seungri-ah, what are you doing here so early? Didn’t you say last night that you were gonna meet people over the new CF?” Daesung said to break the silence.

It was always like this between Bommie-noona and Seungri. There are always times when Seungri would say something stupid and made her mad but it will be over soon, he was sure of it.

“I was supposed to.” He said, and took a sip of the coffee. “But we have to move the schedule around to fit the advertisers’ and the product’s free time,” He sighed, “and they told me last week that they were free today, but it so happens that something big occurred to the Idol group that they recently used. Scandals everywhere! The company was trying to pull back the advertising from the kids.” He sighed again, “What makes me mad is that these kids didn’t even try to apologize or feel bothered about their future in advertising. Those bratty ungrateful kids made me just feel like...” He shook his head in disappointment.

“You know we can’t do anything about what scandals might come up,” he gave out a bitter smile, “unless planned.”

Ahh… the industry we live in. It was as if music did not matter anymore. It was almost as if only money and fame out of debuting and struggling to be in the eyes of the fans was the most important. It sometimes got so ridiculous to the point where these rookies make degrading rumours to make them hit the spotlight or start baseless rumours to take down the other groups or celebrities.

“Who knows.” Seungri said, finishing the last bit of his doughnut.

“Oh, noona!” Daesung said.

It was so sudden; making Bom turned to him just a fraction to the right with her body still showing her back to the boys.

“Mbwoh? I thought you have joined and formed a league with that jerk.” She replied, referring to Seungri.

“Ah… That kinda put me in a hard position, noona.” Daesung chuckled, “I am a member of Big Bang, you see? Whether one of the member is an or not, it’s still family, de?”

“Yah hyung!” Seungri yelled, turning his attention to the two of us.

She laughed out loud, “I guess you just can’t help it,” ignoring the enraged Little Seunghyun, “So, what is it?” She said nonchalantly, as if the little argument never happened.

“I had some souvenir for you and the girls from the concerts.” He said carefully, watching her reaction.

“Omo! Souvenirs? Really?!” She said, very, very excitedly, a total 180degrees turn of mood.

“Oh now she’s acting all cute.” Seungri muttered. We ignored him.

“Really! I’ll drop them at your place later.”

“Waaah!” She said excitedly. “Thank you, Daesung ah!” Standing up and started to skip her way to the girls to tell the news.

“Hyung.” Seungri said, in a small but very clear voice.

“What is it?” Daesung replied, watching the girls jumping up and down at the other side of the room. “Thank you oppa!”  Followed after.

“Are you planning not to tell her, like, ever?” Seungri asked, staring at their reflection from the floor to ceiling mirrors.

He wanted to play dumb but then guessed that it wouldn’t hurt to just answer Seungri’s question truthfully.

“There’s nothing to tell. Seeing her happy from afar is good enough for me.”

“Then, you’re the bravest and the strongest person that I had ever met, hyung.” He said, almost a whisper. “Big respect, hyung.” He brought up a fist and bumped Daesung’s curled knuckle.

He could only smile, realising that he meant everything that he had just told Seungri. It also made him realise that while his love for Bommie might grow in time, it wouldn’t be such a bad thing not telling her or not trying to own her. But it would be great, he could tell if they ended up together.

He actually saw it when she cried over that no good punk at the park when she met TOP in the morning (more like TOP found her in one of the staircases) and again caught them together in the night. They were constantly there to give support for her, Jiyong first, TOP and Youngbae later, Daesung, Seungri and Jiyong after that and it went to TOP and Youngbae, again.

He never wanted to see that happen, ever again. He was so afraid to see her in tears; he decided not to ruin their friendship by telling her straightforwardly about his feelings but rather in his own small ways.

He got up from the bench and went to the locker room. He left his schedule notebook inside his personal locker.

Springing the lock open, he was surprised that something like a small woven basket was in the middle of his locker.

What’s this? I know it’s a present but… I thought this locker was limited to Big Bang and 2NE1 only…? Did someone misplace his/her stuff into my locker? Or another prank from Seungri or Youngbae-hyung, again?

Daesung sighed and moved the basket around to reach his notebook at the back of the locker. That was when he saw a small card attached to the basket’s handle with a very familiar handwriting.

Daesung-ie,

I know when you guys returned from the Tour, you’ll be bringing us back something. So, for all the gifts, I would like to thank you in advance. Make sure you eat it all up, yeah? I made these when I listened to your new solo track. So, shout louder, it is okay! I bet good things are going to happen today. Smile always, my handsome dongsaeng!

Love,

Bomtaro, the corn-eating machine.

He was smiling brilliantly at the handwritten card and looked back into the basket. What he found was very heart warming and made him laugh, giddy with happiness.

There were big Doraemon shaped vanilla cookies, one big heart shaped chocolate-chip cookie and small angel wing-shaped chocolates in white.

It was more than he had hoped from the noona.

He went out with the basket in hand and made way to the door, waved at the girls – he caught Bommie’s eyes and her tinted red cheeks at the sight of her little present – and within seconds was out from the practice room.

“Daesung-ah!” Dara suddenly screamed from the other side of the hall.

Daesung, noticing this quickly walked to the nearest staircase, ran down and went to ground-floor.

Slightly panting, he went to the Big Bang van, followed by Seungri. Inside the van, YoungBae, Jiyong and TOP were already situated in their favourite spots.

“Why did you take the stairs?” Seungri asked as soon as they got situated in their seats.

“Dara-noona.” He answered.

They laughed. Explaining the joke to the rest of the members, they joined in.

The truth was, Daesung made Dara went as far as the ground floor for a toilet-break was something he planned to spend more time with Bommie. He knows that if Dara was around, it would be hard for her to leave Bommie alone since they always stick together.

“Fan?” Jiyong asked looking at him briefly.

He just smiled and didn’t answer in fear the leader might explode. He knows about Jiyong’s feelings for Bommie. Even though it wasn’t as strong as before, he knows it still hurt him from time to time.

“Wah! COOKIES!” TOP screamed excitedly, trying to reach for the basket which Daesung stretched his arms as far as he could so that TOP wouldn’t be able to take any one of them. With a, “HMPH!”, TOP gave up and turned to the front.

Basking in his heaven-like happiness, Daesung felt like somebody was staring at him and when he looked up, he locked stares with a smiling Youngbae.

“So it was for you, huh? She was so secretive about it.” Youngbae shook his head.

“Yes.” He smiled back.

“Do you know how many batch she tried to poison me, Chaerin and Teddy with?”

He just laughed, intoxicated at the thought of the yeoja trying so hard to make perfectly baked cookies and chocolates for him.

His CHEONSA just gave him WINGS. The day couldn’t get any better. Like she said, good things are going to happen today but what she didn’t know was, it started ever since he met her all those years ago.