chapter 1

My Childhood Friend

I could not wait to see Myungsoo again! I remembered the last time, we were under a tree eating popsicles as we looked up in the sky, listening to little children screaming and running around. I was sad to hear that he had to move to the States. I missed my childhood friend badly.

And now,
he's right in front of me.

"Sungyeol," He said softly with a high pitched voice, as he opened his arms out widely, reaching out for me.

"I missed you," He whispered gently into my ear. I closed my eyes, not knowing what to do.

He held me closely in his arms, embracing me warmly. I then took in a deep breath, taking in his scent. I realised he did so too.

"You smell heavenly," He said shyly, snuggling in my chest. I blushed at his words and looked down at him. He looked like a puppy, with his eyes closed.

There was just one problem, I felt awkward. I know that it was normal for us to hug and play around as kids.

But now, when he did this to me, I felt my heart thumping faster, yet so deathly slow at the same time. It was like, I could die, just by looking at him.

He opened his eyes and looked up at me innocently. I felt my heart crush a little then, it was too much for me to handle.

Maybe my face was weird then, as I was surprised. He did look like the little Myungsoo I used to know, but as I was so close to him then, I could see his face so clearly, I knew he was just too handsome to be that little Myungsoo! Little Myungsoo was just cute!

He laughed in a silly manner, and it should have been at my face. He gently took his left hand off me and used his index finger to slowly run down from my nose bridge, to the tip of my nose and to my lips. I just stood there, enjoying his touch. It was, ..... indescribable.

He stayed at my bottom lip for a while and put a little force on it, to open my mouth up a little. He looked exactly like little Myungsoo then, with his eyes widen, looking attentively into my mouth.

"You're still as adorable as ever," He said, smiling at me widely, giving me his famous eye smile that I loved.

"And.. Uhh... Sorry about that mouth thing," He said, taking a step back as he rubbed the back of his head.

"It's.. Okay," I replied, smiling sweetly at him. I felt weird inside me again, but I didn't get why, Myungsoo already let go of me, why do I still feel funny?

"Shall we.. Umm, go to the cafe we usually go to?" He asked. I nodded happily at his suggestion, I loved the black coffee from that cafe. We then started walking to the cafe.

As we walked, something shiny caught my eye. I walked towards a glass wall, squishing my face onto it to see the thing closely. It was a set of couple rings. They looked great and totally bling-bling, but I.. had nobody to wear them with.

I pouted and turned around, remembering that Myungsoo was there with me. I was about to apologise for running away for a while, however, Myungsoo was behind me. He held onto my hand and intertwined our fingers together.

I looked at him and he just smiled back at me like a kid. That made my heart melt and I felt wrong. What was wrong with me?

He brought me into the couple shop and looked around, before taking something up. He then smiled shyly, putting a couple ring into my ring finger.

I widen my eyes and I saw him getting some courage to say something. He bit his lips, before slowly opening his mouth,

"Lee Sungyeol, will you be my boyfriend?"