Chapter One

B.A.P Hello Baby

Beep! Beep! Beep!

A groan escaped Youngjae’s mouth. Reaching out of the bed blindly, he patted the table top beside him until his hand stumbled onto the alarm clock and turned the infernal beeping off. With his mission accomplished he drew his arm back into the warm blankets which cocooned him, and slowly drifted back into sleep.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Groggy eyes opened and Youngjae blinked, adjusting to the dark light of their dorm room.  On the opposite side of the room where the new beeping sounded he heard Yongguk let out a moan of annoyance, the bottom bunk squeak and then the beeping subsided.

“Morning Yongguk,” Youngjae said, rolling onto his side to face his hyung on the other side of the small room.

“Too early for morning, Youngjae,” Yongguk grumbled back, his covers still tightly wrapped around him.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Looking up to the bunk above Yongguk, he watched as the figure stayed completely still and silent. The beeps kept sounding, but no movement was made.

“Ya, Himchan. Wake up,” Yongguk said, glaring at the bed above him.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

With a low growl the leader slid the covers off him. A shiver ran through his body with the previous heat gone. It was not as if their room was cold. No, it was never cold with their air con broken, and the winter season had not yet come upon them. But the window had been open the whole night, and the air had a slight chill to it. Besides, who likes leaving the warmth and comfort their blankets and bed bring? Not Yongguk for certain.

“Kim. Him. Chan.” With each word he kicked up at the mattress above him, yet no reaction came.

Bee-

The next alarm clock was switched off before it truly started.

“Already awake. What was the point of him having an alarm clock again?” Daehyun asked, his voice sounding from the bunk above Youngjae.

“Cause he felt left out when we took it away last time,” Youngjae said in a deadpan voice. “Morning Daehyun-ah.”

Beep! Beep! Beep!

“No one going to turn it off for him?”

A resounding no sounds from Youngjae and Yongguk, causing Daehyun to let out a sigh. He loved their dorky visual, he really did. But in the mornings he wanted to do nothing but throttle the man because of his sleeping habits. Pushing himself into a sitting position, Daehyun picked up his pillow and looked across at the sleeping figure of his hyung. With one well aimed throw, the pillow landed with a thump on his face. Himchan let out a moan and his figure beneath the covers shifted. Reaching up he dragged the pillow from his face, hugging it to his chest instead and rolled over to face the wall, still sound asleep.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Yes, sometimes Daehyun really did want to throttle his hyung.

“What’s with all the beeping?”

“That is our dear Himchan’s alarm clock, as he refuses to wake up,” Yongguk explained. “You might as well turn yours off now before it goes of Zelo, considering you’re already awake.”

“Morning Zelo.”

“Zelo-ah, now that you’re up, would you mind turning off his alarm?” Daehyun asked as sweetly as he could, smiling at Zelo who was sat up in the top bunk at the back of the room, his head resting on his knees which were pulled to his chest.

“But I’d have to get out of bed. I may be tall but my arms aren’t long enough to reach over to Himchan’s bed,” Zelo whined. “Why can’t Yongguk hyung do it? He’s already pushed back his covers.”

“Fine, I’ll do it.”

Swinging his legs out of bed Yongguk stood up, turned around to face the top bunk and slammed his fist down onto the alarm clock which sat beside Himchan’s pillow.  With the beeping sound gone, a silence settled in the room, and the tension which had formed lessoned. Relief flooded onto the leaders’ face, the beginnings of one of his gummy smiles replacing his scowl.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

In less than a blink of an eye the scowl was back.

“I’ll get this one,” Zelo said quickly, noticing his hyungs’ change in mood again.

Dangling his long legs off the side of the top bunk, he lowered himself off of the bed and onto the floor with a thud.  Crouching beside the bottom bunk he turned the alarm off before moving to stare at Jongup, who was starting to grow restless in his sleep.

“I’m gonna have a shower,” Yongguk said, needing his temples with his fingers. “Can you wake Jongup up Zelo-ah? He’s the only one who can ever get Himchan up. Youngjae start on breakfast.”

“Wait, I need the toilet,” Daehyun called, quickly scrambling out of his covers, down the ladder and ran after Yongguk out of the room.

After watching his two hyungs leave the room Zelo turned back to Jongup, and poked the older boy in the cheek.

“Jonguppie hyung wake up,” he said, still poking his cheek. “Hyung wake up.”

Opening his eyes Jongup blinked a few times, before fixing his gaze on Zelo and smiling.

“Wake up hyung,” Zelo said again, knowing his friend was still half asleep. “Youngguk hyung and Daehyun hyung are already up. Youngguk hyung wants you to wake up Himchan hyung.”

“Ah, really?”

“Yup, so wake Himchan hyung up.” Smiling at Jongup, Zelo stood up from the floor and walked out of the room, wondering who got to the bathroom first and if he would be allowed cherry tomatoes for breakfast.

Clambering out of bed Jongup walked over to Himchans’ bunk, not hearing Youngjae’s morning greeting in his still half asleep state. Standing on the side of Youngguks’ bed he reached over and poked the back of Himchans’ neck.

“Himchan hyung,” he said, poking his hyungs’ neck again.

When no reaction came a pout formed on his lips. Gripping the top of the blanket, Jongup yanked it back from Himchans grasp and left him uncovered. However, instead of waking up the older boy just curled up into a ball, hugging his stolen pillow tighter.  Puffing out his cheeks in annoyance, Jongup reached forward again, tugging at his hyungs pyjama bottoms.

“Himchan hyung wake up,” he whined, leaning forward over the bed so that his face was near the back of the others head. “Himchan-ah.”

Without warning, Himchan rolled over to face Jongup, their faces mere centimetres apart and a hand now threaded through Jongups’ hair, stopping him from moving back.

“Careful Jongup-ah, don’t want to fall back now do you?”

“No, thank you Himchan-ah hyung,” he replied, an oblivious smile on his face.

“You’re welcome. Now, be a good boy and save me some breakfast before Daehyun eats it all.” Once the younger boy nodded Himchan smiled again and patted him on the head. “Good Jongup-ah.”

Hopping down from the bed, Jongup walked out of the room, missing Youngjae’s morning greeting again. Glaring at the door where Jongup had left, Youngjae let out a huff before finally getting out of his bed – annoyance clear on his features.

“I say good morning to all of them and none reply,” he muttered to himself, forgetting his hyungs presence in the room.

Brushing his hair, he did not notice as Himchan made his way down from his bunk and stand behind him. Only as a pair of arms s their way around his hips, and a chin rested on his shoulder did he remember that Himchan was in the room.

“Ya! Hyung! What are you doing?” he yelled, freeing himself from the older boys grip.

“Morning Youngjae-ah.”

For a moment Youngjae simply stood and stared at Himchan in bemusement, who in return simply stood and stared back at him. After a few seconds his eyes widened.

“Ah, I was supposed to make breakfast,” he said and quickly rushed out of the room.