final

To the guy I love

 

 

Dear Jiyong,

 

                            Hi! Maybe you are wondering why I wrote this letter. Hmm, just continue reading and you will know. It has been a year since I left Korea without telling you or saying goodbye to you. Sorry. I know I have hurt you deeply but I have no choice. I don't wanna hurt you more if I tell you what really happened. My bestfriend, Kiko, told me that I am a fool for formulating a silly alibi. The news that was passed to you is not true. I want you to be mad at me that's why with the permission of my parents, I spread the news that I was pregnant. I knew it would cause my image to be on the bad limelight but I don't care. It was my purpose anyway. I want you and your family to get mad at me. It was really hard for me but it's the only way I know. I knew that even if I go and leave for Boston you won't go after me because you are still mad and my decision is right. When we arrived at Boston, I was really striving hard to stop myself from calling you. It would just ruin the plan. When Kiko called me, she told me that you were really furious at me. I was the one who told her to befriend you and everything. I knew something will happen to the both of you. Anyways, back to me being in Boston, I was actually sent to Boston because I have to undergo several tests and chemotherapy. I have leukemia. At first I was devastated. I did everything to be the almost perfect child my parents wants to have. I was the popular girl most of the girls in our school did envy. I was kind to everyone but what happened? I thought Life is cruel. But when I went to Boston and when I have met some of the girls like me, my positivity in life went back. I did manage to smile again. I was back to being the fighter my parents always knew. I wanted my condition to be kept as a secret. Only my relatives and Kiko knew what happened to me. You may be wondering why I told my bestfriend to befriend you right? It is because when you were still courting me, I already knew that she likes you. But I was so stubborn and the girl who always thinks of my bestfriend first became selfish that is maybe the reason why life punished me. I did not mind if my bestfriend likes the guy I have been crushing too. I said yes to you to early because I was afraid you would notice my bestfriend and you will like her more. I was cruel I know but I did not regret it. I already know that I have leukemia that is why I wanted to be happy even if it would make my bestfriend to be sad and lonely and maybe betrayed. I became unaware that I pushed my bestfriend away because I was so focused on you and I don't want you to meet her. You didn't know I have a bestfriend right? I am sorry and tell Kiko sorry too will you? Ooh come on, I know you will. Hehe. After months of chemotherapy and several tests, my mind and body grew tired. I asked my parents to stop the treatment since I know it will be of no use. I just want to live normally. Today, before writing this letter, Kiko and I had the chance to see each other on skype. I was so worried because when I saw her, she was crying hard. She told me that she was so sorry because she thinks she is a bad bestfriend. She revealed that you and her have built a special bond already. I told her I don't mind. I really don't. I was actually relieved because I know I will be dying peacefully knowing the fact that I left you with a very sweet girl. I know that she will take care of you as much as I do. Hey, just a few tips. Kiko doesn't like cheese so don't ever give her something to eat with cheese on it. She thinks cheese smells like a used shoes. I know she is weird but I know too that you like weird things. Lol. She is lazy cooking for her breakfast on weekends to so probably be on her pad atleast 6 in the morning. Cook pancakes and prepare banana milk because that's her favorite food to eat in the morning. She thinks breakfast in bed with the man she loves is the most romantic thing so do that. She likes guys who wears same things as her like couple shirts or something. There are more things you must know about her but I can't mention it since I don't have enough energy. Just look for the pink diary on my bedside table of my room at our home there at the Busan. Everything you need to know about her is there. I wrote those since the day I knew my condition is getting worse. Probably, you'll be reading this on the 100th day since the day I die. I don't want you to be sad or anything. I want you to be happy and go on with your life. Don't be mad at Kiko for not telling you about my condition. I want you to take good care of her. She deserves yu and I know you deserve her as well. You suit each other perfectly and remember that I will be happy for the both of you. I love you both and once again sorry for leaving you without saying goodbye. Be happy always and may my positivity be remembered by you guys always.

 

Loving you and Kiko always,

Dara, you're butterfly