The Idea

TroubleRapper

“So ideas anyone?” Doojoon leaned forward and glanced around at the four men seated in various positions on the couch.

 

Yoseob swung his legs lazily as he perched on the armrest. “How do you surprise someone who is technically not of this world-“

 

The purple-haired rapper shot him a warning look.

 

“Don’t look at me like that Junhyung,” Yoseob continued without skipping a beat, a single eyebrow raised. “He’s your 4D boyfriend.”

 

“We need to think like aliens.”

 

Everyone’s head whirled sharply in the maknae’s direction with expressions ranging from I-can’t-believe-you-just-said-that to I-think-you-forgot-your-medicine.

 

Dongwoon shrugged helplessly. “As you said, he doesn’t exactly react normally to normal surprises so shouldn't we think from another point of view?”

 

The room fell into silence as the five men thought hard.

 

“You know…” Doojoon began, a creepy smile forming on his face.

 

Yoseob reached over to place a hand on his boyfriend’s shoulder. “Before you say anything, does this crazy idea of yours involve the possibility of someone getting punished by our managers or suffering from extreme humiliation?”

 

The leader grinned broadly, shifting his attention to a certain rapper. “Well… Maybe just one person…”

 

Yoseob chuckled approvingly.

 

Junhyung looked up, sensing something terribly wrong. One look at Doojoon’s face was enough to make him panic. He wagged a finger in Doojoon’s direction threateningly. “Whatever loony idea it is that you have… NO.”

 

“You know how our dear friend here,” Doojoon flashed a cheeky look in Junhyung’s direction for emphasis. “Has been watching Hyunseung’s Troublemaker performances non-stop right guys?”

 

“I caught him trying out the moves in the toilet,” Kikwang chimed in excitedly.

 

The rapper looked mortified. “You didn’t! I mean. I didn’t do that! Wait a minute. This is getting out of hand.”

 

Dongwoon reached into his pocket, dug out his handphone and punched in some numbers. “I think this is the best idea ever, hyung. Give me a sec.”

 

“Ya! Woohyun-ah? I need a favour from you.”

 

Junhyung had a bad feeling about this. It wasn’t just one of those bad feelings you get occasionally. This was the mother of all bad feelings.

 

“Yeah, the red one from Sungyeol-ssi. Oh yes, the wig too if possible,” Dongwoon scooted to a safer location further away from the rapper as he rolled his eyes. “Yes, we will return it in good condition because Myungsoo likes it that way right? Mmhmm. Yeah, I’ll film it. So tomorrow at your dorm? Thanks again Woohyun!”

 

The maknae turned back to the group with a triumphant grin on his face. They smiled back at him knowingly with an equally approving grin of their own.

 

“Now guys…” Junhyung laughed weakly. “You can’t be serious.”

 

“Oh yes we can.”