TAKE 1

My Byul

We know it's been a long time since we update this story. Sorry about that. We think the story will be progressiing in a slow pace too. Hehe. Well, we hope you guys enjoy.

This has been jinshikee & devinEvil :))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              The words Jang Ri In carved on the badge she was wearing on her uniform. She tidied up herself in front of the mirror, looking at her reflection. Wearing a white blouse matched with her skirts to went down to her knee. This is certainly not what she wanted to become. Being a waitress and serving the tables was not what she had on mind career wise. This is just simply to gain experience, that’s what she said to herself but she realised she needed the money. Not that she was really poor or anything, She just…. need to do this.

                She started to the counter, taking a final look at herself as she made her way. She was expecting customers to come although it was pretty early to say but there would always be a few people who come at that time. She needed to be ready round the clock. She tried to see herself few years from now. Would she achieve her lifetime dream or would she still be in the same place as she was now? It all came down to her to make the difference.  Being only 20 years old, she still had a long way to go and a lot of time to make a change in her life. As for now she would just embrace the present and try living it to the fullest. By then a young man opened the door to the café and rang the bells on the top of it.

                “Welcome sir,” she greeted with a smile.

-----------------------------------------

                She did what she always does.  Serve every customer who came in, took their orders, and delivered their dishes. Just like what a waitress always does. Same old, same old. That’s probably why she seldom found her job to be duller as days went by.  However, there were times where “café dramas” occurred, girls were so keyed up when the loves of their lives got on their knees and asked the girls to marry them, people bickered and shouted to each other. That’s probably the reason why she didn’t find the job boring. Seeing all these things with her own two eyes made her learn something out of them. One, never ever do all of these things. If it was her, she would be dead due to embarrassment.

                She glanced at her wrist watch to note the time. At time like this her friend would stop by the café but she hadn’t seen him.  She was in charged on the reception. Business was quiet slow that day, but it hadn’t been that great as far she knew. She organized some of the stuff on the desk to make it more presentable before she realised the friend she had been waiting for had finally arrived. She saw him entering the café with his usual casual outfits. Printed t-shirts and jeans.

                “Did you wait a long time for me?” he asked as soon as he entered.

                He raised his hand to the owner of the café. He was okay with it. He knew always comes down to the store to visit Ri In. As long as he didn’t make monkey business then he’s fine with it.

                “Not really. I just thought you won’t be coming today.”

                “I’m you bestfriend. Of course I would come,” putting both of his arms on the desk as he said so.

                “So  when are you going to quit the job? We’re suppose to focus on our singings remember?”  he added.

                “ It’s not that simple,” she sighed.

                It’s really not that simple for her. It had been her dream to debut as a singer. She knew she had the talent for it but debuting as an artist also meant she would practically left her family. Given the condition her family was in right now, it’s not a really wise decision to make. Kim Junsu on the other hand, had it easy. His life compared to her was better. Hence there’s no problem for him to follow that dream of his. They promised each other to debut as singers and helped each other to gain fame together. Just thinking of it made them had butterflies on their stomachs. They were excited for it to happen.

                Junsu somewhat sensed the change of mood in their conversation. He felt kind of bad to bring it up. He should have waited for the right time. He knew she would be stressed by the works she had on the café so why he added another burden to it. Why did he do that again? He lowered his head regretfully.

                “Check this out, I came across this track and I think you’ll love this,” he reached out his mp3 player attempting to make the mood better.

                Ri In grabbed the earpiece he had on his hand and placed it on her ear while Junsu did the same thing. He pressed the play button and let the song flows into their ears. Unknowingly they nodded their heads in the same rhythm. Although they had been doing this habit for quite a long time, it didn’t grow old to them. They thought it rather funny and found themselves smiling at nodding their heads together. Ri In closed her eyes, feeling the song she was listening to. Junsu looked at her as she did so. Her face seemed to glow and looked like she was at peace. He knew music did that to her. He could only hope she realised that fact. He and she need to fulfil their dream.

                “It’s been a long time since I heard this song, the lyrics are sad though,” she commented as she returned the earpiece back to him.

                “I was thinking maybe we should do it as a duet tonight. It’s a duet anyway,” Junsu suggested.

                “Tonight?”

                “Yeah, there’s an open mic tonight for The BML . The other guys would also be there. We’re planning to play this song later. Call?”

                She hesitated for a moment, but gave her “call” in the end. She didn’t want to miss this. It had been long since the last time she had a jamming session with the others. She was busy working and by the time she had finished up at the café; she was drained out of energy. She would go straight home and had her rest. Her social life had been affected lately. She didn’t really know how to balance those two. Working and having fun were really problems to her.

                “I’ll see you tonight then. I’ll call you where are meeting before going there. Okay?” He made sure to speak loud enough as he made his exit.

                “Ohh,” she waved her hand and felt content. She anticipated going on the stage that night. She couldn’t wait to end her work.

-------------------------------------------

                Junsu called her just like what he promised before she finished her work at the café. She kept a mental note on where they were supposed to meet that night. He told her to just come to the Namsan Park straight away.  They would be there waiting for her. She hurriedly packed her stuff from her locker. She managed to put on some perfume. She felt this was such a meaningful event. She commuted to the park using the subway express.  It’s a safer choice and saved so much time yet so little time to practise the song she was going to sing. Junsu told her it would be fine. It was easy for him to say so. He had a plenty of time to spend practising the song.

                She finally made it to the Namsan Park. It was packed with people. There was already a band performing on the stage and all attentions were on them. She began to get nervous as she spotted Junsu fidgeting around and kept on glancing back and forth on his phone. He might be waiting for her to show up. She quickened her paced towards him and just a few steps away; he turned around to see Ri In approaching to his position. A smile naturally came on his face.

                “You’re here! Let’s go to the backstage. Our turn is after this,”

                He took her by her hands and led her to the backstage. Their group was there: Daehyun, Lee Kwan and Hana. She greeted them and they were obviously happy to see Ri In joining them that night. Hana hugged her out and asked to sit next to her as they waited for their turn to perform. They revised over the song again because Ri In requested for it. She was really nervous now that it was only minutes away before they went on stage.

                “You guys are next. Be ready,” the program manager told them.

                “Deh~”

                They took the stage and sea of audience was in front of them. Junsu and Ri In stood at the centre with their microphones on hands. They waited for the others to take their positions; Hana with the keyboard, Daehyun at the back with his drum and Lee Kwan with his guitar. Junsu gave the sign and the music started right away. It’s the moment she had been anticipating for the whole day. It’s time to have fun…finally. She looked at Junsu as she started singing.

**“I want to forget you now instead
I get lost wandering for a long time
I crash into everything in time
I can't even recognize my own self

I want to send it away in the wind
All my dried up memories I want to try and send away
To a place where I won't ever be able to find them
I want to try and send this love away

I'll probably have to spend a day through tears won't I
And if I cry like that and erase everything
The person I was when I loved
Will probably fade away like old memories

Through my falling tears
I start to erase you little by little, so that I can't remember you anymore
Everyday when I open my eyes
I want our love to become farther and farther……….”

---------------------------------------

Soundtracks:

One more chance -  시간을 거슬러

**With tears - J feat Lee Jung

Feedbacks are much appreciated here be it criticisms. XD Thanks for your timee~~ Have a nice day!