Chapter 1

Text Message

 

“ KYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH~” The screaming fan girls. I just shook my head at them. Kwon Jiyong and TOP just passed by the hall ways. Just like that, it made the girls including in my class, went wild. Kwon Jiyong is same as me, a junior student while TOP, his friend is a senior.

Those two are popular in our school. Both are good looking and attractive in their own way. Choi Seung Hyung or TOP is the epitome of a cool guy. He just have this calmness as he walks and not to mention is more approachable rather than the other one. Kwon Jiyong, though he knew he is popular, doesn’t care. If TOP is the friendly one, he is the complete opposite. Even so, girls still go after him because of his badass mysterious type. That they say it makes him look hot.

I would be lying if I say I’m not affected or attracted to any of them. And that, my friend, is my long time secret since I was a freshman. Yes, I was or rather, IS still into him. But unlike other girls, I’m not crazy. Crazy like, screaming and spazzing like there’s no tomorrow. Some are going to the extent of confessing, but all the same fate, rejected. But I admire girls like that though. They are brave enough even though the chances are small. But like I said I’m not crazy to do those kinds of stuff. What I do is just keeping my feelings to myself and be contented admiring him in distance.

‘You’re just really a coward, Dara.’ I scoffed. If keeping your feelings is a cowardly act, then that means, protecting yourself from hurting is cowardly, too?

Great. Now I’m talking to myself. I’m must be hungry. I looked on my watch to see if it is near lunch time, but unfortunately we still have thirty minutes to kill. So I just continue to read my book. But I can’t seem to concentrate, because one I’m really hungry that my stomach is already shouting for food, and two my classmates were not still over with their spazzing. Haaay…

Girl 1: Aigoo~ Both of them are sooooooo handsome!
Girl 2: I like TOP! He’s so cool~!
Girl 3: I go for Jiyong! He has this bad boy aura that makes him so y!
Girl 1: Aish! It’s so hard to choose! I love them both!
Girl 4: I love them too!
Girl 5: I love them three!

I rolled my eyes. “Even though you spazz for the rest of your lives, they won’t take any single glance on you. They like girls who are out-going and always looking pretty. Not the average ones” I said quietly that only I can hear. Besides that statement was so like me. They, or rather he won’t waste time to notice an average girl like me. I’m not an out-going one who likes to hang out and party, I’d rather be at home reading books or staying in front of my laptop all day. I don’t always look pretty. I don’t even know how to put make up or how to curl my hair. In short, I’m just too plain and simple, nothing special. And so he would not take any single glance at me.

RINNNGGG!

Ahh. Finally! I can now feed the monster on my stomach. I closed my book and put it inside my bag. I quickly made my way to the school canteen. Glad that there aren’t many students yet so the line is not that long. I was looking for my favorite food, hoping that they still have it. And I saw only a piece of banana cake was already left. Yosh! I’m still lucky!

“Ajhussi, I’ll have that last banana cake please and a soda.”

“Arasso. Here.”

“Aigoo~ they already ran out of banana cake?” I looked at the person behind me. I blinked. TOP?

“Sorry, kiddo. That last slice was already bought.”

“Oh well, its just that, it’s my favorite. And I really want to eat one today.” TOP said.

I looked at the banana cake at my hands and back at TOP. He seems so upset. Does he really like banana cake that much?

“Ahm… Ajhussi, I’m not buying this.” I said and hand him back the banana cake.

“You sure?”

“Neh. I’ll just take soda.” I paid for the soda and went to find a table. I was about to take a sip when someone spoke.

“Mind if I share a table with you?” I looked up to see TOP again? And he’s what…?

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“I said if I can share a table with you?”

I looked and blinked at him. Then to my surprise I already saw him sitting in front of me, now eating his banana cake (that was supposed to be mine). Did I already allow him to? I scanned the canteen. There are few tables that are vacant, so why sit with me? As if reading my mind…

“I don’t want to eat alone.” He said and shrugged his shoulders.

“Then you should have Jiyong accompany you.” I said taking a sip from my soda, the coldness of the liquid gush to my throat.

“You’re right. But he has something to do so I decided to head first.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Wae?” He asked. I turned to him not sure what he’s asking.

“Huh?”

“Nothing. I’m TOP by the way.”

“I know. Dara Park.” He smiled at me. I’m sure if my classmates saw this, they will go nuts.

“Speaking of… Hey Jiyong! Here!” TOP said waving. Since my back is facing the canteen entrance, I turned behind me. Sure enough, Kwon Jiyong just enters and now making his way towards my, I mean our table. I turned facing our table. I can feel the loud pounding on my chest and like its echoing through my ears. I took a large gulp of my drink to calm myself. But I forgot that it’s a soda and that’s when I feel like it rips my throat and so I coughed out. Just then I felt someone patting my back, I looked up to see it was TOP.

 

“Dara are you okay?” He asked. I just nodded my head not trusting myself to speak.

“Oh Jiyong this is Dara… And Dara, well I bet you already him.” TOP introduced us, rather me to him, and I just nodded my head again.

“Here.” I turned to my right side to see Jiyong sitting there beside me and handing a bottle of water. “Are you taking it or not?” I blinked. I didn’t realize I was now staring at him.

“S-sorry.” I said taking the bottle of water. “Thank y-you.” I looked away just to see that the attention of the people inside the canteen are on me. They are staring, well more like glaring at me because most of them are their fan girls. I fell like the moment I got near them, they’ll skin me alive. Aish! What did I get myself into? Yeah right, this two guys’ fault. I was planning my escape routes on how to go home alive and whole, when a tall pretty girl walked on our table.

“Ji-oppa,” I cringed at the girl’s fake mushy voice. “I wonder if you’re free after class. I want to discuss something important to you?”

“I think I am.” Jiyong said.

“Oh that’s good! See you later!” The girl said and walks away.

“And you’re going?” I heard TOP asked Jiyong.

“Nope.”

“Then you shouldn’t have said no.”

“I know, but she will just bother me if didn’t agree to her.”

“So, who will she be meeting with?”

“You.”

“What?! But why ME?!” TOP shouted which made me jump a bit. Wow. I didn’t know TOP have this side in him. Do they know that I am still here?

“Hyung, you know I can’t handle this kind of things better than you do. And besides, I’m sure she won’t mind as long as it was me or you. And stop shrieking like girl, you’re scaring her.” Jiyong said nonchalantly then glance at me. I stared at Jiyong. I know I should be happy that he won’t be meeting with that girl. Who knows what they’ll have to discuss… Yah Dara! How can you think of that? Tsk.

“Is there something on my face?” I heard Jiyong said. Just I realized that I’ve been staring at him for too long. OMO.

“A-aniyo.” I said and looked away.

“I’ll be going.” He said standing up. “Hyung…”

“Neh neh… I’m going. Aish… I just hope Hye Mi won’t know about this…”

“Nice meeting you, Dara.” I looked at him. Not sure if I heard it right. But I did.

“N-nice meeting you too, Jiyong.”