Final

I'm Not Okay

 

Once he got into the changing room. He throw the bottle to the wall and screaming loud. Jonghyun who following behind, knitted his eyebrows as he grab a towel to wipe his sweating body. Taemin was behind Jonghyun, there’s nothing on his face except a flat expression. Key shoot a glare to Jonghyun.

 

“What?”  the older ask.

 

Key rolled his eyes. He can’t believe that the two of them still can act innocent after what they’ve done on the stage earlier. It was a moment when Key felt his heart stinging, watching the love of his life looking so intimate with the magnae of the group. Key walk towards the magnae who look at him with questioning face.

 

“I wonder why I can’t mad to you.” Key sigh and then pinch Taemin’s cheeks hard.

 

The youngest winched in pain. He rubbed his cheeks after Key let go. “What’s wrong umma?” He still asked such an innocent question.

 

Key smile weakly to his ‘son’ and still shoot a death glare to Jonghyun. He stomped out from them and walk to the couch where the tall alien-frog sitting quietly with some coordi noonas fixing his make up. Key crossed his arms and take a seat beside Minho.

 

“You saw it right?” Key asked without facing Minho. His eyes still laid on the two figure in front of him.

 

“Of course, I have an eyes.” He said in a cold tune.

 

“And you still didn’t react anything?”

 

Minho let out a heavy sigh. “Actually I really want to punch your boyfriend on his jaw and stomach right when he let his fingers lays on my precious Taeminnie’s hair.”

 

“But...”

 

“I know you wouldn’t let me broke his face. I tried to holding back my anger, Key. You know it’s very hard for me since I’m kind of temperament.” Minho nods to the cordi noonas who ordered him to changes his costume. Minho stood up, it was the first time Key take a glance at the taller since their first conversation. There’s a fire on his eyes. “If we had a duet like them, I wouldn’t mind to take a revenge.” Minho said before he walk to the changing stall.

 

Key stay silent. It’s really not him. But he choose to be silent, it’s the best rather than he shouting and nagging to Jonghyun after what he done to Taemin. He really want to nagging and screaming all his emotions. He knows it just a waste the time, plus they’re still in the crowded people. If he mad at Jonghyun right here right now, it would be a big fight for them in public. And Key won’t allowed that to happen.

 

They had been in fight so much lately. They never fight in front of the others member. It was just a little argument and turn to fight. Almost everynight always like that since they made the Sherlock comeback. Maybe it just because they’re stressed with a tight schedule, Key thoughts. But with more fight, there’s no touching, hugging or kissing for a long time.

 

One question popped in Key’s head. It was the most scaring question Key ever thought. He bite his lips. And then he shook his head. Aniya! Don’t think about that. Everything is alright. Key tried to cheer himself. He painting a little smile on his lips and get off from the couch.

 

~~~~*~~~~

 

The day one of their concert is success. They all reach their hotel room pass the midnight. They didn’t have a time to go to their dorm and because all of them really exhausted, the manager insist them to go to the neared Hotel. Everyone had a one room except for Jonghyun and Key, they need to shared a room together, its because thats the only room left for them. It’s bothering Key so much since both of them are like a stranger now.

 

Jonghyun went to take a bath once they entered their room. Key still in there, throwing his bag to nowhere and sitting on the edge of bed. Key’s eyes wided as he realize that it’s a king size bed. The shared room is annoying and now they have to shared a bed too?! Key ruffled his hair in frustation. The manager knows about their relationship, but still... Key felt he didn’t want to close to Jonghyun now.

 

Knock! Knock!

 

Key walk towards the door to see who’s knocking. Maybe it’s the manager or Taemin who asking banana milk before went to sleep. When Key opened the door, the tall guy standing in front of him with a big grin. He’s in sleeping clothes and hands holding his phone and ipad.

 

“What is it, Minho ya?”

 

“Can I sleep in your room?”

 

“Why?”

 

“My room is having a bad light and you know that I can’t sleep alone. So please let me sleep in your room.” Minho look at Key with a hopefull eyes.

 

Key giggles, he can’t believe the guy like Minho is having a trouble with sleeping alone. “Okay then. Come in.” Key let the latter to go inside.

 

“Thanks.” Minho going inside. Without hestitaion, Minho laying on the bed and already drived to a deep sleep.

 

“Aish jinjja. How can you sleep so fast Minho ya?” Key asked, only to earned a soft snore from the taller guy. Maybe he really exhausted, Key thoughts as he covered Minho’s body with blanket.

 

“What the hell is Minho doing here?”

 

Key turn his head to the voice. Jonghyun stood there, drying his wet hair with a towel around his neck. He glance at the sight of Minho laid on the bed. Jonghyun’s face full with annoyed look, then he turn his gaze to Key.

 

“He’s sleeping with us. He scared to sleep alone and the light in his room is broken, so I let him to sleep in here.” Key explain.

 

“Why he didn’t sleep in Onew hyung or Taemin’s room?”

 

Key shrugs.

 

“At least he’s not sleeping on my bed. Tsk!” Jonghyun grab one of the pillow. He throw himself on the couch near the bed.

 

“I’ll sleep on the couch if you want.” Key look at Jonghyun with worried face, he bites his lips. He afraid if Jonghyun would mad at him.

 

“No. You sleep there with Minho, I sleep here.” He pointed to the bed. Burried his face to the pillow.

 

“Jjong... are you sure?”

 

“You think?!” Jonghyun rose his voice. Made Key flinched. Jonghyun turn his body so he’s back facing Key. “Just sleep, Key.”

 

Key nods. He turn off the lamp and laying next to Minho. He close his eyes and tried to not thinking anything or he would staying all night long. Just a mintue later, Key already driften to sleep.

 

The next morning. Key woke up with small smile on his face. He had such a sweet dream. He sat on the bed and streching his body and turn to his head to the right. Minho is not there. Maybe he woke up in the early morning and leave the room. Key stomped out from the bed, walking towards the couch where his lover sleeping.

 

“Yeobo~” Key sang in the cute tune. Poking Jonghyun’s face with index finger. Jonghyun open his eyes slowly. His puppy eyes met with Key’s feline eyes. “Good morning~” Key smile softly.

 

“Morning, Key.” He didn’t return the smile like usual. He sat on the couch while Key steps back and sit on the edge of bed.

 

“How’s your sleep?”

 

“I can’t sleep though.” Jonghyun said in the cold tune. He glance at the empty space on the bed. “Where’s Minho?”

 

“He get back to his room in early morning.” Key answer. The dead silent come surrounded them. “A-are you hungry? Let’s call a room service, I’m really hungry now.” Key tried to break the silence.

 

Jonghyun didn’t respon to Key’s question. He staring at Key. “Did he touch you?”

 

“Eh? I think he didn’t.”

 

“How can you think he didn’t touch you, you fell asleep, Key.”

 

“I think I hugged a bolster.” Key answerd, unsure.

 

“Tsk, you ‘think’.” Jonghyun painted a mock-face.

 

“Wae, Jjong? Is there something wrong?” Yes of course, without asking Key knew that Jonghyun is mad at him because he slept in the same bed with Minho.

 

“You should asked me first before let Minho sleep in our room. Who do you think I am? I’m your boyfriend, Key! Why you didn’t asked my approval first?!” He rose his voice again. Stand up from his seat.

 

“Minho our bandmates, there’s nothing wrong if we shared a room and shared bed.”  Key tried not to flinched again this time. He always scared... scared everytime Jonghyun rose his voice or yelled at him.

 

“You defend him now?” His eyes full of fire like he can be blowed up every seconds.

 

“I’m not.” Key shook his head.

 

“I can’t help it when you get too close with the others, eventhough he’s our friends.” Hand on his hips and another ruffled his hair in frustation. “Listen, Key. I’m pissed-off. I forgive you this time. But if you do that again I don’t know if I can hold my anger anymore.” He said in the serious tune.

 

Key look down. Hearing those words made his heart throbbing. A single tears fall down his cheek. All emotions mixed up, sad, anger, and confused. “It’s nothing, Jjong. Why you threat me like that?”

 

“Nothing?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, it’s ‘nothing’ if I weren’t there Minho would probably eat you up, Key!”

 

“Then how about Taemin?!” Key couldn’t hold it anymore. He really can’t believe that Jonghyun easily mad at him because of something that he never do while he was did something that Key could see it clearly with his eyes.

 

Jonghyun shock when he saw the tears on Key’s face. “...w-what do you mean?”

 

Key stand up too. Look at Jonghyun with fierce eyes.“The kiss between you and Taemin on the stage. Do you think I’m fine with that? Do you think I’m not mad or jealous? I tried so hard to covered my emotions. Not to yell at you or Taemin! Me and Minho didn’t do anything, but you and Taemin DID something! Why you are the one who pissed-off?!”

 

A long silence before Jonghyun finally spoke up. “It was fanservice.”

 

“And why you didn’t asked my approval first huh?” He turned the words back.

 

Jonghyun lost his words. He didn’t know what to say. Seeing Key’s tears is hurtful for him. He didn’t know that Key would be jealous. And he feel so guilty to Key. Key covering his face and wipe his tears.

 

“I wondering... do you still love me?” That’s it. The question that he always wanted to say. Key look at Jonghyun in his eyes, who stared at him with those innocent puppy-eyes, questioning. His mouth opened, tried to say something but no words come out. Key smile weakly, he look down again. “You don’t need to answer, I know what you trying to say.”

 

Key turn around, walk out of the room, leave the confused Jonghyun there.

 

~~~~~*~~~~~

 

SHINee went to their practice studio for the second day concert. Jonghyun didn’t talk to Key again eventhough he tried to get attention from the younger, but Key avoiding him. Usually, when they practice Key always there for Jonghyun. Wipe his sweat, remaind him about the change clothes, Or just take a glance at him in the middle of their dance. It just a simple things but mean a lot.

 

After the practice. Key fastly grab his bag and walk out the room, following the manager first. Jonghyun sighed as he look at the closed door. The leader who realize the awkward tension between the couple. He approach Jonghyun when they walked out the room.

 

“What happen?” asked the leader.

 

“What do you mean ‘what happen’?” Jonghyun asked back.

 

“Don’t you think I don’t realize the awakward tension between you and Kibum. You two didn’t act lovey-dovey like usual again.” Said the leader. Pressuring the sarcastic tone at the ‘love dovey’ words.

 

Jonghyun snorted.

 

“Is it about your fanservice with Taemin, right?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Fastly make up with him. I don’t want to see you two fighting anymore. I can’t stand it everytime I saw Key run to me and crying.”

 

Jonghyun’s eye wided. “W-what?”

 

“Oh gosh! Why you’re so clueless, Jjong?”

 

Jonghyun still look at the leader, dumbfounded. Onew covered his face with palms.

 

“Listen. Don’t you realize that the two of you have been fighting over a simple things too much these days?”

 

“Really? When?”

 

“Two days ago you mad at Kibum because he ignore your call.”

 

“He didn’t answered my calls, because he was going out with Doojoon hyung without telling me. It’s not a simple thing, hyung!” Jonghyun defend himself.

 

“A week ago you two fighting over a cake.”

 

“I just want to tasted his handmade cake. But he didn’t allowed me, he said it’s his friend’s birthday cake. He’s too care about his friends and sometimes forget about me. That’s why I mad to him. I’m his boyfriend, I need him too.”

 

“That’s not the point, Jjong. Kibum always cared about you, he always there when you need him. He love his friends but he love you the most.”

 

Onew’s words has taken Jonghyun back to the previous memories. Jonghyun didn’t clearly realize that they had been fighting so much, because the next day they will make up evertything. Key always come to him, hugged him and said ‘sorry’ eventhough it’s not his fault, he’s the one who apologize first. Jonghyun felt like he want to hit his head to the wall for it.

 

It’s his fault. Yesterday Key must be really angry because of the fanservice but when morning comes, he greeted Jonghyun with a bright smile, like he already forget about the last night. But then Jonghyun bought up about Minho’s problem, the smile on Key’s face suddenly disappear.

 

‘do you still love me?’

 

The question repeated in Jonghyun’s mind. Jonghyun ruffled his hair. “Damnit! Why I’m such a stupid!”

 

“Nah~ you admit it now.” Onew tap his shoulder and chuckles.

 

“I need to talk to Key.”

 

“I think he’s already in our van. I’ll make sure that no one distrub you then.” He pushed Jonghyun, to the direction where Key walks before.

 

“Thank you, hyung. You helped a lot.” He smiled.

 

“That’s my job as a leader.”

 

Jonghyun run to where their van parked. It’s not too far from the practice place. When he’s about to open the van door, the door has opened by the person that he search before.

 

“Ah, Jonghyun!” Key flinched because when he opened the door, he found Jonghyun standing right in front of him. Their eyes met and Key fastly look away.

 

“Key, we need to talk.” Jonghyun said.

 

Key didn’t answered him. But he take a steps back, entering the van again. Jonghyun entered the van too and closed the door. Fortunately, their manager not in there, so they had a privacy. Key sit down, leaning to the window. He look down, afraid to see Jonghyun’s eyes.

 

“umm... I was about to find you, but you’re here.” Key said, lift his chin but still look away from his lover.

 

Jonghyun sit beside Key, left a little space between them. “Why?”

 

“I-i’m sorry, Jjong. I was mad at you. I know it just a fanservice, I shouldn’t bought it up. And about Minho, I won’t let him sleep in our room again. I’m so sorry I was yelling at you. I didn’t meant it, I can’t handle my temper that time. I still want to be with you, please don’t leave me. I’m really sorry, Jjong. I promise I won’t make you mad at me again. I will...“

 

Jonghyun cut off. “Stop that.”

 

“... n-ne?”

 

“Stop apologize about something that’s not your fault, Key.”

 

“But it was...”

 

Jonghyun bought Key to his arms. Hug him tightly, made the younger yelp a little. “It’s my fault. I’m sorry, yeobo.”

 

“Jjong...”

 

“I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. I’m tired with all this , with the job, and I blame that to you. Please forgive me. I still love you, I always do. I won’t leave you, Key. Never.” Jonghyun whisper to Key’s ear. Inhaling his scent that he missed so much.

 

Key sobs. He buried his face to the older’s shoulder, made Jonghyun’s shirt wet. Jonghyun caressing Key’s hair slowly. “I-i.. forgive you, Jjong.” Key said stuttered.

 

Jonghyun smile. He release the hug. He wipe the tears on Key’s cheek with thumbs and then he kissed both of his eyes. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

Jonghyun leaned closer, closed the space between them. He captured Key’s lips with his. Tastes the sweetness on the other lips. It was a chaste kiss. Their lips moving lazily, not too hurry. They broke the kiss  after a few minutes. Jonghyun chuckles as he rubbed Key’s lips which now look swollen. He kiss the lips again, made Key smile between their kiss.

 

“So, you two fine now.”

 

Key and Jonghyun jumped a little, they pulled away. Looking at the kero face on the window with a big grin. They didn’t realize that the car’s window are not locked.

 

“Aww~ Key umma and Jjong appa make up again.” Taemin’s head popped out beside Minho. He smile brightly.

 

“Yah! Since when you two had been in the window?” Jonghyun pointed at the two youngers.

 

“Since you said ‘i love you’ too Key. Right, Minnie?” Minho glance at the magnae.

 

Taemin nodded. “Even we take a picture when you kissing! We will spread this to SMTown facebook and proof that JongKey is real~!” He showed off his phone with a picture of Key and Jonghyun lips locked.

 

“Yah! Pabo! Why you telling them about that? You ruined our plan.” Minho slap his boyfriend’s head.

 

Taemin whined. He made apologetic look to Minho and pouted cutely.

 

“Choi Minho.... Lee Taemin....” a horror voice called the two youngers.

 

They realize the-killer-aura around them. And then they look at the ‘umma’ who made a very very scary face to them. Like he wanted to eat them alive. Jonghyun face-palming like he know what will happen.

 

“...you better run...” Jonghyun said to Taemin and Minho. He even has a goosebumps when he look at his lover.

 

Key walked pass Jonghyun, he opened the car’s door.

 

“NOW!” shouted Jonghyun.

 

“Let’s gooooooo!!” Minho grab Taemin’s wrist and run as fast as he could.

 

Key walked out the van and chasing the two youngers. “YAH! COME HERE, YOU PUNK! I SWEAR I’LL RIPPED YOUR SKIN OFF, CHOPPING YOU, BOILED YOU AS A SOUP AND GIVE THAT TO JINKI HYUNG IF YOU’RE NOT DELETE THAT PICTURE!!”

 

 

 

~~~THE END~~~

 

 

 

 

A/N : Actually, the story is based on the roleplaying world that I played. Half of this is truly happened to my charcter, Key. I just want to share this. The feeling when you want to 'reject', 'hate' or 'mad' to someone isn't easy when it comes to someone that you loved so much. Like you just wanted to everything okay eventhough you're the one who hurting.

I'm glad that my Hyung, who happened to be the character of Jjong is really nice. We close both in close in the real life, and we play the role as JongKey pretty well. Hyung gave me so much inspiration to start writting again, because i was stuck in the middle when i write my second fic. Maybe because i've been busy with school and stuffs.

Thankyou, you ,for reading this. I really appreciate with your comment ^^