Chapter Three - Step two, gifts.

Mischief and Love

My heart clenches, remembering the pained expression on Minho's face. I could tell it was because we were just exluding him, leaving him alone and completely avoiding him, but yet, it still has a huge affect on me.

So I think to myself, is this really a good idea?
 
The words from Kai come rushing back to me, but I remind myself this is for me and for him. Yuri doesn't deserve him. I do.
 
"Are you sure about that, Taemin?" My inner voice whispers mischeviously, making me clutch my head with my hands and groan. "I'm sure! I know what i'm doing! Kai's words don't mean a thing to me!" "But what if you really do hurt him in the end.. and he hates you? He hates everything about you? What will you do?!" "Just leave me the hell alone!" I scream, silencing the voice instantly.
 
I can hear footsteps behind me and I can instantly tell it's umma Key on the rescue. "Yah! Taemin! I thought there was a robber here or something, are you okay?!" He shrieks, running up to me and staring at me with wide, concerned eyes.
 
I sigh, placing my hands on the balconey railing and looking out at the magnificent, light view. "'I'm fine."
 
"Well, you woke me up for nothing then." He muttered, running a hand through his hair. "But anyway, what are you doing here? It's late, you should be in bed."
 
"I can't sleep." I mumble quietly. 
 
Key sighs, placing a hand on my shoulder. "This is about froggy, isn't it?"
 
A smile tugs at my lips at Key's nickname. "Yeah."
 
"Look, the plan will work. Don't worry your pretty little head about it!" Key assures me, squeezing my shoulder tightly. "Yuri will understand that her love for Minho was fake, you'll get the man of your dreams, Onew wont worry anymore, Jonghyun wont be jealous whenever I talk about Kai, everything will be okay!"
 
"Not everyone." I mutter, closing my eyes shut.
 
"What? Everyone will be happy!"
 
"Minho wont."
 
A silence soon follows and I can hear the noise of a chair dragging. I peek one eye open and see Key sitting down on the balconey chair, with a serious and non-joking expression on his face. It's like he could kill somebody with that expression.. honestly. "What?" I squeak uncomfortably as he simply stares at me, not saying anything.
 
"Why do you think Minho wont be happy?" He questions finally, with a rough and dissapointed tone. "I thought you believed in this plan 100%, Taemin."
 
I swallow the dry lump in my throat and look away. "I do."
 
"I don't believe you." Key snaps, but with a soft tone. "Taemin, tell me why you think Minho wont be happy? Just tell me. I'll listen."
 
"It's Kai's words.. from the phone.. earlier this afternoon." I blurt out painfully, my grip on the railing getting rough. "He told me that maybe in the end, Minho will be hurt instead loving me.." I continue, trying to force the unwanted tears pricking my eyes, away. "I made myself not believe in his words and assured myself that the plan would work perfectly. But..now.. now i'm thinking twice."
 
Key stands up and goes back. I blink and turn around. "If.. if you wont trust us and our plan, be that way. Taemin, if anything bad does happen, we're all here for you. Stop being a worry wart." And with that, he goes back.
 
I sigh.
 
Maybe he is right.
 
I've done nothing but worry for the entire time.. but right now is the present, and i've got to make the best of it.
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Ah. What a beautiful morning. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, the clouds are swaying, the leaves are rustling, everything's perfect! I let a stretch take over my body as I make my way towards the living room with a bright smile. But as soon as I take in the sight in front of me, the weather changes completely.
 
The sun is replaced by a dark, evil moon. The white, fluffy cotton-like clouds are replaced by dull, grey ones. The birds are all dead. The leave's stopped rustling. It's beginning to rain and thunder. Lightning strikes. The world's about to end.
 
All because of Yuri.
 
"Yuri, what are you doing here?"
 
I turn and see Onew walking behind me, a yawn escaping his lips as he joins Minho and Yuri on the sofa. "Oh, Minho and I are about to go to a cafe."  She chirps joyfully, entwining her fingers with Minho's. 
 
I try to supress the scowl forming on my face and make my way towards the chirpy couple. I wave my palm from side to side, urging Yuri to move over. She looks at me uncomfortably and embarrassedly scoots over, leaving me to sit in the middle. ing: Success.
 
"What are you doing?" Minho whispers in my ear, shivers instantly running down my spine.
 
I simply place my hand on his thigh and offer him a sweet, but evil smile. "What?" I ask innocently, blinking adorably. "Can I not sit next to you, hyung?"
 
"Yeah but-"
 
"Yuri. Could we come to the cafe with you guys too?" Onew questions out of the blue, with a mischevious twinkle in his eye. Once again, I have this urge to give him a thumbs up. We've got tons of more ing to do. Who knows what they'll do at the Cafe..
 
Yuri bites on her lower lip, squirming slightly. "Well I.. I thought Minho and I co-"
 
"What's this you say about going to a Cafe?"
 
We all turn to see Key walking towards us with a firm hand on his hip. Yes! "We should all go. End of story." 
That's Key's magic. What Key says, goes. That's some pretty awesome magic I want myself.
 
Yuri sighs. "Yes, okay."
 
I smirk.
 
*~*~*~*~*
We're now all at a small, but comfortable Cafe which is quite empty. We take the very end seat and even though half of my smile is pure, because of the fact that Minho's with us, the other half is fake for the fact that Yuri's here too. She's literally everywhere.
 
"So Yuri, anything new lately?" Onew asks once we had ordered our food with a questionable expression on his face.
 
Yuri smiles, taking a bite out of her cupcake. "Well.. not really. The girls and I recently saw an advertisement poster at the wall, where a really pretty water park was displayed. We're thinking of going there. It's nice."
 
"We should all go." Key repeats, a sly smirk tugging at his lips. I bite my lip to supress the smile forming at my lips. You can't argue with Key, with anything. 
 
Yuri swallows, but manages a small smile anyway. "Y-yeah sure."
 
Suddenly, the waitress near us squeals like a fangirl and I instantly think she's a huge fan of us as I slowly turn around with a bright smile, but she shows me wrong. Kai's on the wall TV screen, with a y smile on his lips, his shirt half open. I can feel Key breathing heavily besides me, taking in the sight in front of us. I laugh quietly.
 
"Oh, that's Kai isn't it?" Onew smirks, his eye's locking with mine because of the plan we discussed yesterday. I try not to chuckle and simply nod, my eyes glued to the screen.
 
"Sure, he looks good but he's not that hot.." Jonghyun mutters under his breath, his eyes flickering from Key to Kai. 
 
Key smacks his shoulder and scowls playfully. "He's gorgeous! You're just jealous, aren't you?"
 
"Why would I be jealous?" Jonghyun huffed, looking away with a grumpy expression. This time, there were no apologies from Key. Instead, Key simply rolled his eyes and continued to fanboy over Kai on the screen.
 
"Taemin, you've been best friends with him for a while, right?" Minho questions, his arm slinged over Yuri not adorably. 
 
I nod, liking the fact that Minho was actually and finally talking to me after a long silence between us. "We've been best friends for about-"
 
"So anyway, Taeyeon and I totally saw this-"
 
From that point on, I block out Yuri's conversation and clench my fists under the table. So not only is she making me absolutely jealous by throwing herself on my hyung, she's cutting off my conversations, replaced by girly stupid chit chats Minho probably doesn't even care about! 
 
I can feel Key's hand pat my thigh, obviously telling me to calm down before the building explodes out of my anger and I try to do so, but I fail miserably and bite my lower lip extremely hard.
 
"And then, when we were on the fourth floor, we saw this extremely cute kid, okay?"
 
I can feel my lip trembling from the pressure of my teeth.
 
"And we didn't even realize he was a big fan of us! Like seriously!"
 
I can feel my entire body beginning to shake with fury.
 
"And so he told me his favorite was me! Like aww!"
 
I can feel my blood rising incredibly.
 
"So and-"
 
"Can you shut up?!" I scream, my trembling fist banging on the table as I stare at Yuri with an expression of outrage. 
 
Yelling and screaming back is replaced by a whimper from Yuri's lips and an eerie silence. I simply continue to stare at her, my body beginning to relax slowly, but Yuri's isn't. Her's is shaking with sadness instead of anger and she burries her face into Minho's chest, letting small tears soak his shirt.
 
I swallow. Well, our plan is going downhill, isn't it?
 
"Why the hell did you yell at her?!" Minho snaps, making my chest tighten unbearably.
 
I close my eyes, not wanting to see his hateful expression. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm-"
 
"Well keep your apologizing to yourself."
 
I peek one eye open and see Minho standing up with a still crying Yuri, exiting the building.
 
"H-hey! They're leaving! That means I have to pay!" Onew shrieks, burying his face into his hands. 
 
"Yah! Taemin's upset here and you're worrying about paying?!" Key snaps, scooting closer to me and wrapping his arms around me embracefully. I can feel the tears rushing into my eyes and I bite my lower lip to fight them back, to seem like a man. But I fail miserably and they fall down my face like a waterfall of hate.
 
I bury my face into Key's neck as Jonghyun and Onew coo sweet things to me and pat my back. "He-he hates me!" I sob, a hiccup soon following after.
 
Key sighs and ruffles my hair. "Taeminnie, stop saying such lies. He doesn't hate you. He's just simply upset and angry. He can't hate you. He loves you too much."
 
"Pushing that matter aside," Jonghyun mumbles quietly. "The plan is basically failing. What are we going to do?"
 
"Duh. Yuri's our key ingredient."
 
I bring my head from Key's chest and blink at Onew with red, puffy eyes. "W-what?" 
 
Onew smiles. "Gifts. Get Yuri a ton of them and apologize a lot. Minho will be slightly happier and when that time comes, apologize to him. This will be a peice of cake. And when Minho's happier, you've got to spend more time with him. He'll be hanging on to you and will be attatched to you like a puppy. Then comes the cute step. Be y or cute, either way will work. Minho will try to find out his true feelings when he finds you extremely good looking. If he's uncomfortable around a half- you, then yep, he's definitely in love with you." Onew continues, slightly out of breath. "Then you push Yuri aside for a while and then that's when you bring Kai in. He'll make Minho jealous and that will make Minho loose more interest in Yuri."
 
"You may be clumsy. But you're bloody smart." Jonghyun whispers, his eyes a lot larger than before with shock. 
 
Key and I nod in sync, trying to wonder if this is really Onew in front of us. "Are.. are you r-really sure this will work?"
 
"I'm sure, a hundred percent. If it doesn't work, well then you've been doing the steps wrong." He shrugs smugly, though a tiny smile tugs at his lips.
 
I laugh quietly, wiping the small tears leaking at my eyes with my sleeve. "Onew, you're a genuis."
 
"I know."
 
*~*~*~*~*
Step two, gifts.
 
"I'm sorry, Yuri! I never meant to do such a thing. I was just angry at the time and I didn't like noises around me. I'm sorry. You don't need to cry anymore. Please, i'm sorry." I mumble softly, even though every word that rolls out of my tongue feels bitter and extremely sour. I don't even want to be apologizing to her. Plus, she doesn't even need to be apologized to. She deserved my anger. She deserved everything!
 
Yuri manages a weak smile among the puffy eyes and red cheeks. "I-it's okay Taemin. I'm just.. i'm just really sensitive."
 
I fake a smile and place a small, white box in her hands. "I got this for you as an apology."
 
She looks at me curiously and slowly opens the box. As soon as she sees the strawberry cheesecake inside, her lips crack into a full on bright smile. "Oh you didn't have to!"
 
I wouldn't of in the first place if you didn't steal my hyung, , I thought to myself annoyingly. "It's okay." I say softly and stand up. "Once again, i'm extremely sorry Yuri."
 
And with that, I make my way out of the living room with a scowl.
Knowing the fact that I have to do this until she's extremely fine with me and all bubbly again makes me want to throw up. I'm showering her with so many things she doesn't deserve..
 
You're doing this for Minho, I repeat sourly in my mind. For Minho and for Minho only.
 
 
Wow, you guys are so nice <3! I've got over 50+ subscribers in a few days and that means SO much to me, for I know the fact that people actually do enjoy reading this story. I don't know how to thank you guys enough! :D You're all so nice and I already love this website. It's got a friendly vibe to it. Thanks for making my day! :3