The Game and Message

The Deadliest Game

A man who seemed to be in his late forties, drove in his white Jeep along a dusty road to the middle of a dry and deserted desert.

He got out of it and took a few steps on the hot sand. A large lizard scurried along the ground far away. He quickly swung his gun out from his suit pocket, and shot it twice.

He already knew that both bullets hit the lizard. One in the head, and the other in the chest—the two fatal parts. But even then, he still decided to check it.

He took his time getting to the place where the dead lizard lay. When he reached it, sure enough, it was a goner.

They'll be like this soon, too. Just wait, my dear. I'll deliver the cruelest revenge possible, he thought.

Then he smirked and strolled away.

-----

Two years later...

"Attention! Attention! May I have your attention please? A survivor game for a billion dollars is recruiting for participants! Please turn in applications by 8pm today," a man's deep voice announced through ads in Seoul's busiest street.

"To submit an application or for further information, go to our website, www.winabillionseason2.com. You have five hours remaining. The chosen participants will be emailed tomorrow."

Millions of people hurriedly typed in the website address and turned in applications.

In fact, most of the people in Seoul entered. After all, it was a billion dollars. A billion dollars that could make someone live happily ever after. At least, if that person won.

And also, everyone knew that this was season two of the reality tv show. Last year's winner already moved to Beverly Hills and bought mansions in many popular cities. He also started a successful movie business.

So everyone knew that the show was trustworthy. Or so they thought.

What none of the people knew, was that last year's show was nothing but fake. People were just hired to make it look like a show.

And it obviously worked. Everyone, even experienced movie directors were fooled completely.

And the "winner"? He was just an average Korean guy paid a few thousands of dollars for playing the part.

The mansions that he "bought"? 3-D computer stimulations. And again, specialists at animation were tricked. The mansions just looked so real.

The show last year was fake, but harmless. But this year, it would be real and most definitely dangerous.

The producer already made sure that every part of the game was meticulously calculated and thought of long before the actual move takes place. But too bad none of the applicants knew that...

-----

The next day, ten people were sent an email with the same message:

Hello,

I am extremely pleased to announce that you have been selected out of millions of applications to participate in our game challenges. You will be competing against nine others for a prize of one billion dollars USD. The game starts in exactly seven days. Transportation will be provided. Bring clothes, your passport, your phone, and other necessities in a suitcase.

See you soon.

Sincerely,
The Director


Every one of those people smiled, laughed, and celebrated when they received the confirmation message.

Only one person was confused. He received the message, but never submitted any application.

His doubts started there. But even he couldn't give up the temptation and possibility of winning one billion dollars from competing in a simple game.

But not one of the participants suspected of what was to come, or how they were all related in some way.

Some terrible way that would lead them down an evil and desperate path.

None would be able to escape from his plans. 

 


A/N: Just another reminder, only one contestant will survive. If you can't stand the thought of your bias(es) dying, then please don't read. 

Sorry for the late update..but school and my 4 APs are sooo time-consuming >.<

Hope you all liked this update! :D Thanks for supporting~ ^.^