Fairytale

Fantasy

 

It wasn’t like we lived in some fairytale world.  No, we were very much in tune with reality. 

We weren’t living some fantasy; we resided in the realm of actuality.  We breathed the same air as the rest of the world.  When it rained or snowed, it fell on us to.  We were in no way removed or shielded, and we were by no means protected.

Every day, the sun rose in the east and it set in the west.  At night, the stars came out to mingle in the glow of the moon.  Nothing was different between us and the rest of the world… but at the same time, nothing was quite the same…

I was special.  I was the one who had been blessed at birth, predestined to be the luckiest person who ever walked the earth.  Why?  Simply because of him… I was the privileged being who loved and was loved by Kim Ryeowook.

While the sun awakened the world, I was awakened by the warm glow of his smile.  While the rest of the world fell asleep to the twinkling of the stars, I fell asleep to the twinkling of his eyes.

When the rain and snow fell in cold, icy sheets and everyone ran for cover, I lingered.  The chill of my skin was never severe, in fact I barely even felt it.  I was too distracted by his warm body pressed against mine. 

Life wasn’t easy, and like anyone else, we had our problems.  However, unlike others, our obstacles were battled together.  Nothing ever seemed oppressive or impossible when he was by my side.  As sappy as it might sound, I was invincible when he believed in me, and nothing seemed impossible.

As far as I was concerned, the real world served only as a reminder that he was real and not just some dream my subconscious had conjured up.  While most wanted to escape reality, I embraced it, knowing full well that reality was where he existed.

Each day brought another twenty-four hours I could spent basking in his warmth.  Ryeowook was like a summer breeze, soothing and refreshing.  His laugh could brighten anyone’s day, and I dared anyone to frown in the midst of his smile. 

He was my drug and I was definitely addicted.  I could never get enough of him, and it was not possible for me to tire of him.  He was my past, present, and future, he was my everything.

I disliked people, I distrusted them and spent much of my life keeping then at a distance.  But, like he was in most aspects, Ryeowook was the exception.  I had known him my whole life and had loved him every minute of it. 

He wasn’t someone to whom normal standards applied.   He was wonderfully different, amazingly unique.  The world had never seen a sweeter or kinder individual.  In a world where all anyone seemed to care about was themselves, Ryeowook was an exclusion.  His heart was boundless and he cared deeply for every person he crossed paths with.

Even if a person hurt him, he never lost his smile and still wished them the best.  He was simply an anomaly.  A puzzle piece that was seemingly estranged from the picture.  Many shunned him for his differences, but I admired him endlessly.

Why would anyone want to fit into a picture that only depicted hate and indifference? 

He was my better half.  He was everything loved and wanted to be.  He was kind, patient, and understanding.  Sometimes I wondered how or why someone like him would even waste his time with someone like me.

I was often cold, needlessly harsh, and frequently unforgiving.  I was obtuse to the feelings of others, and personality was usually considered abrasive.

Yet, at the same time, I knew I provided a feeling of safety and stability in his life.  When he was overcome with his feelings, or pained by the force of his emotions, I was the only one who could provide him comfort.  As different as we were, I knew him better than I knew myself.

I was his rock, the one unaffected variable that would never change.  Even if I was nothing but a shoulder to cry on, I was pleased and honored to be part of his life.

But I was more than dead weight that’s only purpose was to soak up his tears.  As I mentioned before, I was special.  He loved me too. 

As much as he told me and reminded me of that fact, it was his actions that assured me of his sincerity.  Every look he sent me, every lingering touch was charged with the force of his devotion.   When we kissed, it was like the nothing else mattered.

I loved him, and he loved me.  Our existence was the manifestation of true love, the love of soul mates.  He gave me the strength to face the fray of everyday life.  He made it possible for me to survive.

We might have been living in reality, but it was our love that seemed like a fairytale. 

He was my happily ever after.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Kyuwook Day everyone! ^^