Learning the truth

Best place

 

Taemin and Onew were watching TV when the front door opened and Jonghyun, Minho and Key came in with Taesun dragged by Key inside the living room. Taemin’s eyes widened when he saw him. He stood up with his mouth wide open without a sound coming out. Taesun looked at him with worried eyes looking for any emotions beside shock but that was all he found. Or so he thought until Taemin spoke with an angry voice.

 

”What are you doing here?! Haven’t you done enough damage as it is?” There was hatred in his eyes but also confusion and... Sadness? Taemin started backing away slowly. He was too chocked to run to his room. Why was Taesun here? And what did he want? And why did they bring him here? There was just too many questions.

 

”Taemin...”, Taesun begun but he didn’t know what to say next. 

 

”Why did you bring him here?” Taemin’s voice was weak like he’s about to cry.

 

”Listen to what he has to say. We don’t like to see you depressed all the time. Just listen to him and you’ll know the reason he did what he did”, Key said as he walked to Taemin and his chin. Taemin looked hesitant at first but then sighed in defeat.

 

”Alright, if that’s the only way to get you out of here then I’ll listen”, Taemin said and sat down on the sofa. Taesun sat beside Taemin and the others sat around on chairs.

 

”Taemin... I’m... I’m sorry for what I did but I had a reason”, Taesun said trembling. He took a deep breath. ”Dad kicked me out and I didn’t want him to do the same to you so I lied and said that I hate you. I just wanted you to live a good life without having to think about me but now I see how wrong I was, considering what he had done to you.” Taesun played with his fingers, unable to look Taemin in the eyes after what he did. ”Key told me everything and I’m really sorry. If I had known what he would do then I would have taken you with me. It hurt me to see you crying but I did what I thought was the best for you.” Taesun stopped and took a breath to calm down before he start crying. Taemin looked down the whole time, listening to what he had to say. The whole room fell in silence. All of them waited for Taemin’s answer. 

 

”Do you even know how much it hurt? I needed you the most but you left me like mom did”, Taemin sobbed. Taesun reached over to touch Taemin’s shoulder but Taemin slapped his hand away. ”Do you know how much I’ve been through alone because you weren’t there?! Do you know?!” To everyone’s surprise, Taemin flung his arms around Taesun’s shoulders and buried his face in his neck. ”Do you know how much I needed you?” Taemin cried against Taesun’s shoulder. Taesun wrapped his arms around Taemin’s waist and let silent tears roll down his cheeks while Taemin cried against him. This time the room fell in comfortable silence, only Taemin’s crying could be heard. 

 

When Taemin calmed down a few minutes later he pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears.

 

”Do you forgive me for what I did?” Taesun asked. ”I... I understand if you don’t forgive me but I just wanted you to know that I still love you even after two years.” 

 

”I forgive you. I tried to hate you but I couldn’t”, Taemin said with a smile.

 

”Do you feel better now?” Key asked.

 

”Yeah, and it’s all thanks to you”, Taemin said and kissed Minho who sat beside him now. Taesun looked at them confused. 

 

”Have I missed something here?” Taemin and Minho looked at each other.

 

”We’re together”, Minho said simply. Taesun looked sternly at Minho.

 

”It’s okay. He helped me when I was depressed”, Taemin defended Minho. Taesun sighed.

 

”Fine. But if you hurt him then I’ll kill you”, Taesun threatened. 

 

”You and Key should get together and kill me since you both have the same thoughts.” Taemin stared at Taesun.

 

”What? I must protect my baby brother”, Taesun said with a shrug. 

 

”Baby brother?” Minho giggled and made everyone laugh, including Taemin. ”How much I missed your laugh.” Minho kissed Taemin’s lips which made Taemin blush.

 

”Yah, don’t do that in front of me”, Taesun said and snatched Taemin away from Minho which caused everyone to laugh again. 

 

”Relax. I wont eat him up”, Minho said when he calmed down.

 

”I can’t be sure. Anyone would want to eat him up”, Taesun said and looked at the clock. ”Oh, it’s starting to get late. I should go now before it gets too dark outside.” They all followed Taesun to the door. ”Bye. Talk to you later”, Taesun said, gave Taemin a hug and walked out the door.

 

They went back to the living room and found an action movie they all watched together with the light turned off. They were so absorbed in it that they didn’t notice Taemin and Minho lying in the corner of the sofa, kissing softly. No intention on taking it further. But Key didn’t seem to understand that, cause as soon as he glanced at them and saw them kissing, he practically jumped up from the sofa like it was on fire and in a blink of an eye he was standing over them and grabbed Minho by the collar and yanked him up from Taemin.

 

”You ! How dare you touch him like that?!” Key shook Minho who was too scared to try to pry Key’s hands away. Well who could blame him? When Key gets angry no one could fight back. 

 

”I-I didn’t do anything!”, Minho defended himself. Taemin got up after laughing silently and helped Minho.

 

”He really didn’t do anything. Well not anything I didn’t want at least”, Taemin giggled. But that didn’t make Key let go of Minho. ”Come on. Let go of him”, Taemin whined. Key sighed and let go but not before glaring a hole in Minho’s head. Taemin took Minho’s hand and led him to the bedroom but was stopped by Key. 

 

”Where are you going?” Key said and glared at Minho like he was his rival. 

 

”To the bedroom. We have to sleep”, Taemin said and walked past Key after giving him a smile.

 

”Don’t try to do anything. I’ll come check on you every five minutes!” Key shouted as they closed the door to Minho’s room.

 

”Yeah, yeah”, they heard Taemin shout back. Key huffed and went back to Jonghyun’s arms.

 

”Why don’t you just let them do whatever they want?” Jonghyun asked and kissed Key’s lips softly.

 

”Yah, I’m still here you know”, Onew said from the floor he was lying on. ”Get a room or something.”

 

”Get a boyfriend and stop complaining”, Key said grumpy. Onew blushed at those words.

 

”You’ll meet him tomorrow”, Onew said quietly. Key’s eyes seemed to glow again. He moved down to Onew, much to Jonghyun’s disappointment, and started the questioning.

 

”What kind of guy is he? What’s his name? Is he tall? Are you officially together now? Is he-.” 

 

”Let me answer before you give me another question”, Onew cut off. ”He’s name is Joon. Kind. Good looking. Tall. And yes we’re officially together. Was that all?” Key smiled like a proud umma. 

 

”You finally got someone”, he said and pinched his cheek as if Onew wasn’t the older one. Key got back to Jonghyun who wrapped his arms around Key’s waist like he had been gone for longer than one minute. 

 

When the film was over, Key had checked on them at least ten times and everytime he saw them moving. He was going to his bedroom but stopped in front of Minho’s door and opened it quieter this time. Well this time it didn’t seem like they were sleeping; Minho had his arm over Taemin’s waist while Taemin’s hand was around Minho’s neck. They were kissing again!

”What did you tell me about sleeping?” Key’s voice made both of them jolt and Minho sat up. The covers slid down from his upper body and he didn’t have a shirt on. ”Yah! Are you going to him or something?” Key stepped inside the room. 

 

”Alright, we won’t do anything”, Taemin reassured. 

 

”You better. If I notice anything tomorrow, you’re so dead Minho.” And with that Key left both Taemin and Minho staring at the closed door and then started laughing quietly. 

 

”Good night Taeminnie”, Minho said and wrapped his arms around Taemin.

 

”Good night Minho”, Taemin said and moved closer to Minho’s chest.

 

 

                                       *********************************************************************

I had sooo much homework but I took some time to write this. The next one will probably be the last and if not, then the one after the next will. But hope you like it anyway! :D